Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
McGahee's injury still gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it.

Also Napoleon Kaufman...

:barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Intruder posted:

Don't ever look up Napoleon McCallum

I think that is actually who I meant. Was he the former Raider whose leg snapped in half?

e:

Just saw your edit. Yeah...that's the one I was thinking of!

FizFashizzle posted:

johnny knox is still the only thing I can't watch.

Yeah, that is a good one too. I remember seeing that live and thinking he died on the field.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Intruder posted:

Yeah and for whatever reason I don't remember seeing his name in your post, did you edit him in? Or am I just blind?

Also that Alabama WR, Prothro I think

I didn't edit. There was a Napoleon Kaufman tho...apparently also a Raider which is adding to the confusion for me lol

Was that Alabama WR the one who ran knee first into the cart?

I am asking a lot of questions because gently caress googling that poo poo.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Intruder posted:

No the Houston WR was the one who ran into the cart, Prothro was a straight up jumpball in the endzone into a leg break

I don't know if I've seen that one. Reminds me of Zach Miller's injury though that nearly cost him his life and leg :stare:

I also remember seeing Ed McAffrey's shin snap in half on (iirc) a MNF game against the Raiders way back when.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I'm still amazed this was the outcome, it could have been so so so so much worse.

quote:

Knox required immediate surgery to stabilize an injured vertebra, but maintained sensation in all limbs following the incident.[7] Hargrove later personally apologized to Knox for his role in the injury.[8] The Bears placed Knox on injured reserve the following day.[9]

Knox started the 2012 NFL season on Chicago's 'physically unable-to-perform' (PUP) list.[9] He was unable to fully recover from the injury even after extensive rehabilitation and therapy.[10] After the injury, Knox walks with a limp and is unable to stand without discomfort.[11] The Bears released Knox on February 12, 2013.[12] He announced his retirement on February 13.[13]

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

We have a new contestant!

:barf:

https://twitter.com/ftbeard_17/status/1066092698501734400?s=19

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

My god that's awful. I hope they save his leg :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Update! :unsmith:

https://twitter.com/BR_CFB/status/1083217094341124096?s=19