Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snack eater

by FactsAreUseless
I sleep with socks on and wear pajamas. I get under both the sheet and the comforter to get comfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

I’ll sometimes wear socks to bed but they can’t be ankle socks otherwise I kick them off while sleeping

alnilam

I let it get pretty cold in the house at night and sleep under a heavy blanket :feelsgood:

Peg Sliderskew
Shiver and complain mostly.

Courtesy of Manifisto

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Grab a cat and dive under the covers, much like my caveman ancestors did

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Robot Made of Meat

hockey jockey posted:

Shiver and complain mostly.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Stooge

Every year I find the tallest blanket tree I can. Then, I harvest all the blankets on the tree, and put them in a cool dry place to keep them fresh over the winter.

If you don't have a blanket tree, store bought is fine, but organic freshly harvested blankets really make all the difference.

Then, the most important step to keeping warm: chop down the blanket tree and use it as firewood.

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

I forage for berries and small rodents, lumber my way down to the river to grab some salmon, and once I've had more than my fill I go into my cave and play World of Warcraft

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
i crank the heater up to 85.

to prepare, i start having my winter sand delivered in september. the sun lamps are installed by mid november. ocean wave surround sound is piped throughout the house, and I sleep in a hammock between the coconut trees that have been planted inside.

Paperboy

:shepface:
I just stack blankets and turn the heater on if I can afford it. If I can't, then I wear winter clothing to bed, but that hasn't happened in a while.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I've been roasting goons over a hot open thread to stay toasty

Macnult

I spend a good amount of time in early fall getting acclimated to the cold

then there’s that 1-2 week period where it isn’t so cold and I’m like “ugh it’s so hot why did I do this to myself again”

Then once it’s cold I have to start over again but it’s way colder this time so it’s more difficult. usually at this point in time is where I will wear a hat and maybe even a jacket over my sweatshirt

Macnult

I also own a gray flannel-pattern snowboarding jacket that I’ll wear while wearing a flannel underneath and even if it clashes it looks good because I’m handsome and fashion is a lie in the grand scheme of things

Entropic

patriarchy sucks
sweater weather motherfuckers

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
where i grew up it was once snowing the 1st of june

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
so basically wear a little more stuff and carry on as normal

e:
nosfereefers home town

Nosfereefer fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Nov 28, 2018

google THIS

I act really surprised that it's cold for some reason. I remark on it to everyone I encounter, and they act surprised too.

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
I now live in the South, so I just wear a slightly heavier jacket and add an extra blanket to the bed.
I used to live in places like Minnesota, Montana, and North Dakota. When I lived in NoDak, I would take the bus to work, rather than driving, because if I drove to work, I'd have to spend part of my lunch hour hiking to the parking lot and running my car so it would start when I got off work. You also learn to put on your gloves and pull up your hood before you step outside, because your hands and ears will start to freeze immediately if you don't. I have a down parka and a down comforter that I haven't touched since I moved down south.

snack eater

by FactsAreUseless
I live in the south. It was cold last week but today it's 66

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Nosfereefer

whats that in real temperature?

snack eater

by FactsAreUseless
292 Kelvin

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Nosfereefer posted:

whats that in real temperature?

Nosfereefer

oh, that's scorching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

it's usually around 263K here now

e: tho for real, my sister used to live in a place that get below 233K

Nosfereefer fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Nov 30, 2018

• Locked thread