Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yeah my biggest problem with playing the game a year ago was that half the perk traits didn't even work. Now they're at least 97% working, with the worst being that they work but not in the way it says on the tin.

my biggest problem when i stopped playing a year ago was the combat AI, especially the siege AI. the recent patch notes seem to indicate they're fixing some of the dumb problems with siege AI like soldiers pathfinding all the way around siege engines instead of taking a straight line. i'll definitely want to play for a while again once soldiers stop doing idiotic things like standing around siege ladders refusing to climb them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

smarxist posted:

thought hardcore mode in Subnautica meant no fast respawns or corpses or something, not deleted save file :negative:

should have read more clearly, ah well. i have a way better understanding of progression now so it won't be too hard to zip back to where i was

edit: someone should make a Rifters mod for Subnautica :staredog:

Yeah for anyone else who hasn't played Subnautica -- I really wouldn't recommend hardcore. It doesn't add much to the experience imho and will just get you frustrated and dropping the game if you die halfway through

bokealoke
Nov 10, 2009
Any opinions on Outward? I've been interested for awhile, but now that it is on sale I'm considering diving in.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I liked it but I also think it's one of those games that most people probably won't. If you're into stuff like Gothic then you'll probably enjoy it.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

bokealoke posted:

Any opinions on Outward? I've been interested for awhile, but now that it is on sale I'm considering diving in.

Very unique and fun RPG best played co-op with people who you won't get frustrated with.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

just lmao if your wife didnt burn their bra like 50 years ago

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

A decade-plus and her clit/brown/taint-area still pOwns my lane

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Borat: My bra *beat* LESS WIFE!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

for disco elysium i highly suggest you turn on hard core mode

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

ebrietas is some bullshit

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Isn't this guy aimed at children?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

CODChimera posted:

Isn't this guy aimed at children?

who else is gonna think it's cool that you have a wife who doesn't wear a bra?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

libertarians

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

re8 is sick as gently caress and super fun.
havent enjoyed picking through a gamey little environment full of secrets this much since like the gow reboot with that big lake to paddle around

SniperWoreConverse posted:

iirc there's also a weird but different relationship between "vir" and "homo" in latin. Someone should do a drunk history on this poo poo

homo, hominis = man, human, person
vir, viri = man, husband, hero

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

BONGHITZ posted:

for disco elysium i highly suggest you turn on hard core mode

its definitely a fun way to play, but when you hit a check you can just hit tilde and enter "hardcoremode(off/on)" and then turn it back on after you beat the check. coupled with the extra experience you can really power through the first day

its like one of my favorite tricks from fallout 2. you could take drugs to raise your intelligence and then up the difficulty to lower your skill before you read a book and max your skillpoint gains. also, a funny thing about f2 is that if your intelligence is really low it takes you almost a full day to read a book compared to a few hours with average int

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

re8 is sick as gently caress and super fun.
havent enjoyed picking through a gamey little environment full of secrets this much since like the gow reboot with that big lake to paddle around

The re8 puppet show that Capcom produced is pretty cool, since they're just making fun of people who thought re7 was too scary.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

cumshitter posted:

its definitely a fun way to play, but when you hit a check you can just hit tilde and enter "hardcoremode(off/on)" and then turn it back on after you beat the check. coupled with the extra experience you can really power through the first day

prepares to respond angrily, sees username, slaps forehead! Cumshittered again!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Feldegast42 posted:

Yeah for anyone else who hasn't played Subnautica -- I really wouldn't recommend hardcore. It doesn't add much to the experience imho and will just get you frustrated and dropping the game if you die halfway through

So the same as every "hard core" mode in games then

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

StashAugustine posted:

she's cute and nice

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

cumshitter posted:

also, a funny thing about f2 is that if your intelligence is really low it takes you almost a full day to read a book compared to a few hours with average int

the high int character knows you can just skim it instead of reading it fully

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

bokealoke posted:

It's cool but weird. The inventory management is a bit annoying.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Gonna put out a prediction in this thread that the ME3 remaster ends with an extra scene that sets up the next ME game. That seems like something they'd do, and like the bare minimum amount of effort they could put forward

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Gonna put out a prediction in this thread that the ME3 remaster ends with an extra scene that sets up the next ME game. That seems like something they'd do, and like the bare minimum amount of effort they could put forward

Bonus round - it includes a tacky "PRE-ORDER NOW, 55.99" banner also.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

JollyBoyJohn posted:

So the same as every "hard core" mode in games then

no. it’s different in disco elysium

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

No, libertarians want women who can't wear bras yet

Diogenes of Sinope
Jul 10, 2008

super sweet best pal posted:

It's cool but weird. The inventory management is a bit annoying.

Outward does a good job of making you really prep for going out adventuring - you need food, firewood, sleeping gear, lanterns, clothes for the weather conditions you expect, and of course your weapons. Weight management is a big deal, and hucking off your backpack in combat to increase your maneuverability is a mechanic.

Definitely a slow burn of a game and the combat itself isn't super sophisticated, but it does have a rewarding sense of discovery once you get into it. Not for everyone but if you tune in to what it's doing it can be pretty fun.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDvGtkErV60

enjoying this in a new way since finishing disco elysium

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

At least they made Liara's jugs bigger to avoid more 2021 gamer oppression.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

one of her hitboxes is bugged
https://twitter.com/meowmaritus/status/1216246819593867264

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Lol. I've mostly been going with the classic strategy of "stay as close to the rear end as possible" and it usually gets me through the first phase but I keep loving up the second, especially her homing soulmass attack. Plus her swooping charge has some weird timing.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

I hope some other games out there pulls off a gearshift like Bloodborne's Gothic Horror ----> Lovecraft Nightmare where suddenly your realize the game is very different but not an abrupt tonal nightmare

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Vagina bones

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

my first ever final fantasy was III on the DS and I thought it was really boring and assumed it wasn’t for me but as a part of my “play really popular universally acclaimed japanese games I’ve been neglecting for no reason” campaign (previous entries: yakuza series, fromsoft’s work) I decided to try the FFVII remake that was airlifted into my account free of charge. And would you believe it- it’s so much fun so far! The battle system is really great and I find myself looking forward to battles, although I feel like I don’t quite ‘get’ the timing so far.

at this rate I may end up investigating this thread’s love affair with XII before the end of the summer

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

the marvel heroes forums can't hurt you anymore

QUEER FRASIER posted:

my first ever final fantasy was III on the DS and I thought it was really boring and assumed it wasn’t for me but as a part of my “play really popular universally acclaimed japanese games I’ve been neglecting for no reason” campaign (previous entries: yakuza series, fromsoft’s work) I decided to try the FFVII remake that was airlifted into my account free of charge. And would you believe it- it’s so much fun so far! The battle system is really great and I find myself looking forward to battles, although I feel like I don’t quite ‘get’ the timing so far.

at this rate I may end up investigating this thread’s love affair with XII before the end of the summer

FF3 DS is an awful terrible remake that's one of the worst FFs. the original game was p good

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

etalian posted:

At least they made Liara's jugs bigger to avoid more 2021 gamer oppression.

if she's not 10 ft tall with fat tits and a huge rear end it's woke bullshit

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Jon Irenicus posted:

I hope some other games out there pulls off a gearshift like Bloodborne's Gothic Horror ----> Lovecraft Nightmare where suddenly your realize the game is very different but not an abrupt tonal nightmare

Yeah I knew it was coming but the amygdalas everywhere were still really unsettling, and upper cathedral ward in general has some great atmosphere

StashAugustine has issued a correction as of 16:29 on May 13, 2021

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

least good boss imo

lmao and now i know why

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ebrietas is great (except for that one hitbox)

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Feldegast42 posted:

A decade-plus and her clit/brown/taint-area still pOwns my lane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/Poppy_Zone/status/1392903080040087561