Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Uncle Wemus posted:

is anthem dead yet

it's gone down in the twitch rankings a lot anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Hentai Jihadist posted:

Holy poo poo im remembering how bad andromeda menus were

I think that was probably the worst AAA game I've ever played? I genuinely couldn't believe the rover controls were as bad as they were and the gameplay was shockingly poo poo.

The only saving grace was Sara ryder and her facial animation and AFAIK they "fixed" that. OG Sara is my fav video game character.

I'm never going to play that but I do applaud the bravery of Bioware making the protagonist of their multi million dollar game a potato faced mutant with brain damage.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Al ! posted:

ah, i see yakuza's trick to making good human faces is to "use human faces"

Awano and Kuze are so cartoonishly brutish looking so I was extremely shook to discover that they're real dudes.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
prey good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TRdx2tbUFI

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i've never heard metroidvania used in reference to an fps

when I'm thinking metroidvania, I'm picturing a large map which you are free to explore any way you want, but some areas are gated by having the player need to use certain abilities to access them. and that's what prey does.

prey's map is amazing. you don't just move around the interior of the space station, you can explore the entirety of the exterior as well as a volume of outer space near to it.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Al ! posted:

imagine working someplace so toxic people are actually asking you to implement an hr department

you don't get it.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
my notch house will look like this.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
pikachu hunted to near extinction because its anal sacs contain valuable chemicals.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I still have all my GBA stuff. I'll never get rid of it. my beautiful pearl blue GBAsp, how I love you. I constantly fight the urge to bust that thing out of storage and fulfill my dream to
100% Kururin Paradise and Guru Logic Champ. one day I will have my prize.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

etalian posted:

A game with pleasant things like enslavement.

I'm in it for the cannibalism.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Concerned Citizen posted:

will sonic be consuming any chili dogs in the sonic film

there will be an intimate close up of him deep throating it.

https://twitter.com/nickwiger/status/1102713697355460608?s=20

uber_stoat has issued a correction as of 01:59 on Mar 5, 2019

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

smarxist posted:

Who the gently caress wants to do 25 hours of STV again lmao

masochists and people who don't understand the concept of nostalgia. you can't go back guys. those days are gone forever.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

GIRL BRAINS posted:

Kenshi has the greatest form of martial arts training which is being beaten unconscious in a bar and getting dragged outside

I watched a tutorial video which explained that a good way to train your stats is to kidnap some poor schmuck and then force him to fight club with you until he passes out. repeat until you become a warrior god.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
:thermidor:brad wardell:thermidor:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

DancingShade posted:

Anyone remember Phoenix Point? It was a Cthulhu horror-esque take on the X-com style tactical squad action genre. Initial crowd funding via Fig. At the time backers could pick with a Steam key or a GoG key.

Well too bad, now its an Epic storefront exclusive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmjFZMEoEZ0

Yet another reminder to never crowdfund games again.

*womp womp*

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Al! posted:

did they finally make the "sjws caused the downfall of america" game???

they already made that and it's called Shadow Complex.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Zhulik posted:

the best weapon in bloodborne was actually the threaded cane, closely followed by the beasthunter saif

hell yeah, going around beating up werewolves with my cool trenchcoat and badass pimp cane that turns into a whip. be still my hot topic heart. :spooky::spooky::spooky:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Percelus posted:

whoever wrote the first division just wishes they were alive to be apart of the french forces that massacred the paris commune members

it's the kind of fantasy scenario that would-be Chris Kyles dream about. the rules just went out the window, now it's time to go hunt the most dangerous game! day of the rope, toot toot!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Agean90 posted:

BABA IS YOU
IS
GOOD

it is though I may well be too stupid to play it.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Dreddout posted:

Ffs gayben

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Frog Act posted:

I’m mad it won’t unlock til tomorrow :(

check the store page. they moved up the date.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Zyla posted:

it was a very good explainer for why there are no treehouse cities in the world tho, and exactly as to why

you can have a treehouse city if you remember to put railings on the platforms. in EQ they forgot to do that.

my EQ memory, which is a fond one despite it demonstrating just how janky and player unfriendly the game was... I lagged out on a boat and ended up lost at sea. had to ask chat to explain to newbie me how to get back to land so I didn't drown with my corpse sinking to the bottom of the ocean with all my poo poo on it. they guided me to an island where I stole a canoe from some goblins and boated my way over to a dock where I got back on the ship to Freeport.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I had one of these. don't know what happened to it, I suspect someone stole it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LuOQ8eh26g

I still have all my GBA poo poo. I think I will have it buried with me when I die.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

SunAndSpring posted:

Very fond of the bosses in Sekiro being very fond of screaming their name at you. Especially MY NAAAAAAAME IS GYOUBU MASATAKA ONIWAAAAAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDk8TtRmKAM

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Fuligin posted:

Almost certainly hammerfell. They set that poo poo up hard in skyrim

yeah, wasn't Hammerfell said to be the only place the Elf shitheads hadn't conquered?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

A Big Fuckin Hornet posted:

i never know what thread im posting in tbh

trupm

that's the kind of attitude that got me toxxed for Avenatti.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Willie Tomg posted:

it looks like a perfectly imperfect middle ground between the dead-eyed Homo Economicus sim of EU4/Viki, and the character study of CK2.

i want CK3. i really really want ck2 but with continual development (lmao they made it literally impossible to win a war against someone who declares war on you with no troops) but failing that, i'd rather have ck3 whether it was in the late-classical period, dark ages, medieval period, or any other period. i like character focused 4X games.

Crusader Kings in space AKA Dune.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

turn off the TV posted:

the last open world game with good fast travel

fast travel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whz-LQlbI-U

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
if you want to be have actual emotions while playing a game, try Sekiro. it will fill you, firstly, with rage. followed by triumphant elation after you finally kill that fukken rear end in a top hat giant monkey.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Hillary Clinton died on the way back to her home planet.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I played 3/4s the way through spiderman, got distracted and stopped playing for a while. when I came back to it, I couldn't hack it. rear end kicked all up and down the street. I had forgotten how to be spiderman.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Hentai Jihadist posted:

And kenshiro is just a wizard, by the end of the series he's just doing inexplicable magic like making a guys tongue fly out of his mouth and go bald if he lies.
At one point he punches a guy in a way if he ever does an evil deed again he will explode.

he turns into Stardust the Super Wizard?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
my favorite streamer lately is a guy that alternates GTA role play stuff with trolling tech support grifters. he keeps them on the phone for like 3 hours. in both instances he pretends to be a grandma.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

MizPiz posted:

I'm feeling embarrassed after playing Apex Legends with two kids who weren't even in the first grade because I was the obvious weak link in the team

it's some Ender's Game poo poo. by the time they reach adulthood they will be perfectly trained killing machines, ready to pilot a hunter killer drone in the Climate War.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Al! posted:

yeah, it sounds more like they just didn't want to pay people the amount of money it would cost to have them move to a city that literally has a network of underground tunnels for the 6 months of inky blackness and impassable roads a year

packing my bags, running away from home to become a mole man.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
you Canadians better get ready. when our country turns into a desert we're all comin up there.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I'm partial to the Batman's Bluetooth approach where your character can't do anything but walk at a very slow pace with their hand over their ear while some rear end in a top hat sends you an audio message telling you some bullshit.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

steinrokkan posted:

The combat isn't even the worst thing about it. I gave up because backtracking through the big pyramid city that is composed of 99% empty corridors that take ten minutes to walk through was a form of torture.

that's why you use CHIM to teleport yourself directly to the cell you intend to visit. or give yourself the ability to fly.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

gently caress I'm glad I explored Ashina depths before finishing sunken valley. The new boss there is bullshit.

I now hate apes. I hate them with my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Taintrunner posted:

Ashley did nothing wrong :colbert:

ever thus to Space Racists.