Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Skeletor loves only one Skeletor and it is Skeletor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

The only time Skeletor ever truly feels love is when Double Trouble invades his army and pretends to be a minion who is almost one to one a reflection of himself. poo poo goes south however after Skeletor finally promotes him above all other minions to his right hand and realizes that he hates the sound of his own laugh.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I kinda wonder how they'll resolve Wrong Hordak and Hordak both being... a thing?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Although the fact its clearly their biological child has some concerning implications...

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Phylodox posted:

It really doesn’t and it’s a bit weird you think it does.

If we merge two of the princess bloodlines you could end up causing a power instability among the kingdoms that could plunge eternia into a civil war, duh. Think before you speak.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

CuwiKhons posted:

Scorpia doesn't have a kingdom, just a gemstone, so it's kind of moot.

Thats the most important part of being a princess tho. The gemstones the link to the magic and enables the ruthless magocracy to continue its oppression of horses.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Scorpia takes all the lands of the red desert and fright zone into her kingdom. The horde's remnants prove to make an outstanding royal army and had already practically annexed the red desert anyhow. Perfuma helps establish crops in the otherwise hostile lands. Now she has the most powerful suite of powers AND the most capable army of all the princesses and will definitely win the civil war now that the brightmoon rebellion is no longer a thing. Flawless horde victory.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Skippy McPants posted:

Is this show good? Someone pitch it to me. I'm running out of things to binge in our isolated hell-world.

Every episode is a continuous unfolding emotional pipeline with a fantasy plot of the day to break up the core that is The Very Gay Adventures of Adora. Lots of fun but very twee, contains a lot of chatting about feelings. Its basically (mostly) healthy well adjusted heros versus the villains which are all damaged in very true to life ways which is the core of their failings.

Basically make a cartoon supervillain named Estranged Parent and thats shadowweaver. That's the show.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

Just have all the evil villain plots be real things that really happened. complete with citations at the end of the episodes.. It would get incredibly dark fast.

https://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/most-evil-companies/1/

extremely cobra commander voice: Auuugh! Professor Pox you infected Pharmacorps entire shipment of vaccines with AIDS! What am I going to do NOW?

extremely mad scientist voice: We can still sell it your evilness...

"TOO WHO?! The regulations are far too strict in America, I'm never going to recover financially, unless..."

"Why your evilness why not sell it in the thi-"

"We can sell it to poor countries under retail and recoup the losses! I'm a genius! Ahahahahah! Make the preperations!"

"At once sire"

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I don't think shadow weaver was redeemed in the same sense that anyone's actually redeemed by death.

Her 'heroic sacrificial death' just happened to line up with her specific neurosis perfectly and that's really how abusive parents do be like. They're not intrinsically monsters they're just addicts and flawed people (shadow weaver being: both) who tear holes in those people who are forced to mesh with them by family ties or other structures till they either are compatibly damaged or distance themselves. Shadow-weavers whole heel turn was kind've a metaphor for 'distancing' in that she was dis-empowered without the power structure of the horde and held no sway over Adora or even Catra who were both officially over her poo poo but even than she was still trying to latch onto Glimmer because she is and always would be fundamentally herself.

Basically abusive people suck and its up to you how you deal with them because they'll rarely change fundamentally especially if they're old. But its also ok to continue to have a relationship with them if re-contextualizing works out but also than they die and its almost a waste of time trying to decide weather they were good or bad because ultimately they just Were and now Aren't. Death doesn't do narrative or closure it just takes

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I never really got the drug use metaphore because my understanding of drugs is that they don't generally tend to make the first move.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

T-man posted:

Me, age 4, breathing in lungfuls of cigarette smoke, getting the first hit free: gee i hope someone named for a fruit drink never has bad takes on how drug use is a constant among families in poverty and a personal responsibility model hasn't killed millions in the time between now and when this fruit idiot shows up. that would be terrible.

Hey.

Calm down.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Me scrolling through this video: WHERES DOUBLE TROUBLE??

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

whichever would be most uncomfortable in a family setting will do nicely.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I mean... look, I assumed bow was gay as hell and thus the whole heart shaped note through the window sneaking thing just did not even register.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Entrapta sucks tho.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

A superstar at being the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

Just check his rap sheet. Regardless of whether or not it's a troll, he keeps doing it and does it repeatedly and he only learns his lesson for a little bit before falling back into bad habits.

relax, goon.

Entrapta may be awful but its cartoon discourse, its whatever

The question who is second best (since double trouble exists.)