Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica

SHVPS4DETH posted:

seek therapy

like seriously this is yr reaction to an animated kids show

it's ok to have problems but not dealing with them is going to do even more damage to you long-term

Is it possible not to get so deeply, personally offensive when criticizing someone’s bad takes on a TV show? Not all dumb posts are signs of mental illness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica

pentyne posted:

Repressing childhood abuse and pretending like everything is alright to a narcissistic parent who hurts everyone they can is not "adult behavior" is allowing the cycle of abuse to perpetuate.

Family is family, but when people insist "blood is thicker then water" and try to excuse away decades of emotional and physical abuse they become the problem.

You can argue about who likes who in a cartoon show and is that character really dead, but if you start saying representations of abuse and manipulation are just the way adults are then holy poo poo see a therapist.

Yeah, we don’t need to diagnose people over being wrong about a show

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica

SHVPS4DETH posted:

it will. the 13 ep first season was a netflix test balloon and now they're gna release whatever whenever bc they have license to do so. all 52 eps will drop in some way or another.

now beyond that is a whole different beast but let's not get ahead of ourselves imo

therapy is for everyone; it isn't a diagnosis to want someone in pain to be well

pibbs gets it

Don’t pretend “get therapy,” as innocuous as the words themselves are, is ever going to be perceived as anything other than a cheap insult when posted on the internet and directed at someone you know nothing about outside of a few posts. After all, it’s almost always intended that way.

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica
Ok, I take back everything, horselord sucks.

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica
I think “wait for the person who’s abusing you to say ‘I love you,’ then proceed to make out with them” is a bad lesson for kids, and a better one would be “sometimes you’ll love people, but they keep hurting you, and they’re not gonna stop and it’s not your responsibility to fix them, and it’s gonna hurt but you’re gonna have to let them go.” It’s not about punishment, it’s about teaching kids responsibility, and you can do and also still have Adora be mega gay.

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica

Beekeeping and You posted:

Ok sure but c'mon you know Adora would never look at catra trying to heal and be like ehhh not my problem

that's a weird roboty way of looking at relationships? I guess I just don't think Catra's irredeemably toxic? She was a child soldier.

Sure, but they showed us like four or five other child soldiers who are perfectly well adjusted, “child soldier” isn’t nearly as bad in this universe as it is in the real one. Catra was uniquely toxic, unlike Adora or Kyle or Regelio or Lonnie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica
Korra barely counts, they got censored by the network and had to make the gayness explicit in a blog post, not their fault but still.