Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

So with the hollandaise season upon us now, and that means it’s time to fight the hordes out shopping, get into a fight with your significant other about which placemats to use and listen to your drunk uncle Ted rant about foreigners at the dinner table. Fortunately it also means that it’s time for yet another installment of the Sheep Game, where you can argue with your goon friends about who is the most correct about everything!

So, what is a sheep game? Here's you answer:

What the gently caress is a sheep

The game is not complicated.

1. There will be a list of questions at the bottom of this post. The object of the game is to provide the MOST COMMON response from the people playing the game, kind of like Family Feud. You receive one point for each person who provided the same answer. In other words, if the question was "What is best in life," and 10 players said "To crush your enemies," each of those players would receive 10 points. If 5 players said "The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist," they would each receive 5 points. If 1 player said "Hello Kitty," he would receive 1 points (and the public condemnation of his peers).

2. Every question scores points, even if only one. The player with the MOST points, after all the questions are added up, wins the game.

3. There are no right or wrong answers - your job is to provide the MOST COMMON answer. So even if you really, really think that "The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist" is best in life, it might still be in your best interest to answer "To crush your enemies." This means that even a factually incorrect answer can score the most points! You have to decide what you think everyone else will say.

4. Some of the questions are vague - intentionally so! It's your job to interpret them as you think the majority of AI will.

Send your answers along with your SA Username - seriously - to AIsheepgame@gmail.com (seriously, make sure your username is in there somewhere!) with the tag Sheep Game in the subject line. Also, if you've participated before in a Sheep Game, please send your old username, so I can update the statistics as well!

Format for your submission is important, so please send your answers, without the question numbers or the questions themselves inline; like this:

code:
Miatas
Dead hooker smell.
The reason why I ask for the answers to be submitted without numbers (or written into the questions, holy poo poo you guys) is because with the program I use to organise this, I can just do a three-second copy/paste to create your entry. Anything else adds time and manual correction to the process.

Once you have sent your entry, please post in this thread as confirmation.

You have until 11 PM Pacific Time on Friday, December 21st (0700 UTC on Saturday, December 22nd) to submit your answers. The big reveal will be in this thread starting at or about 3 PM Pacific Time on Sunday, December 23nd (2300 UTC on Sunday, December 23rd), so set your calendars/alarm clocks/crude sundials made from old Jeep parts for the big day! I will be doing the reveal two questions per day with each reveal being posted at or about 3 PM Pacific Time, so you have some time to ridicule each other discuss your successes and failures.

Without further ado, the questions:

1. Japanese cars are some of the most popular and well-respected cars, both within AI and in the rest of the normal world. This car that was made by a Japanese manufacturer is the one that I like the most.
  2. This is the best race track in the world, I just love it.
  3. Even if it isn’t on my favourite race track from the previous question, this is the best corner on any race track out there.
  4. Many Sheep Games ago, the 1960s was the decade that most of us wanted to go back to for the cars, but that doesn’t mean there weren’t some real stinkers back then. This was the worst car from the 1960s.
  5. It’s the holiday season, and that means family gatherings! This piece of advice that my parents/grandparents/uncles/aunts always seem to repeat just doesn’t apply to modern driving.
  6. Times have moved on a bit; this is the car racing game that takes up most of my time these days.
  7. We like performance cars in AI, which often means engines with high specific outputs. This is the highest specific output (in horsepower per litre) in a car that I’ve driven.
  8. Cars from the 90s are undergoing a bit of a rehabilitation in terms of their reputation of late. This car from the 90s is the one I like the best.
  9. I carry a toolkit in my car in case of emergencies, but of all the tools I have in that kit, this one is the most important in my opinion.
  10. Most car-branded merchandise is crap, but this is really good!
  11. This brand has the best-looking cars on sale today, bar none.
  12. Everyone seems to hate <insert brand>’s cars for the way they look, but I really like them!
  13. Having said that, this brand has the worst-looking cars on sale today, without any doubt.
  14. This is the ugliest colour I’ve ever seen a car company willingly paint one of their cars in. (be specific!)
  15. This is the best turbocharged engine of all time, if you ask me.
  16. On the other hand, this is the worst turbocharged engine of all time.
  17. In Sheep Game 8, AI overwhelmingly voted the 1980s as having the best race cars. This was the best of all of them.
  18. If you ask me, this is the best brand of motor oil.

Once again, send your answers to AIsheepgame@gmail.com before 11 PM Pacific Time on Friday, December 21st (0700 UTC on Saturday, December 22nd). See you all for the reveal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

This post reserved for a potentially exciting rules twist!

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Baaaaah

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Sticky this awesome thread!

Thanks again, MrChips!

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Before anyone blames chips, I convinced him #18 was a good idea, so I am to blame for the holy war that will erupt in the thread soon. But don't worry, because I have sent chips the correct answer.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Nov 24, 2018

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Elmnt80 posted:

Before anyone blames chips, I convinced him #18 was a good idea, so I am to blame for the holy war that will erupt in the thread soon.

It certainly has brutal potential.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Sheep in. :gritin:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
IN

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
E: Done

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Nov 29, 2018

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Bookmarking, thanks Chips!

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Sent! Some were tough for sure, but that's the point right? Answer the way you think others will answer rather than the truth?

sirr0bin
Aug 16, 2004
damn you! let the rabbits wear glasses!
In!

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Alright, so far I've heard from 8 players:

Adiabatic
Elmnt80
Liquid Communism
LloydDobler
Seat Safety Switch
sirr0bin
toplitzin
Wrar

If you sent your answers in to me and don't see your name here, let me know...otherwise, keep them coming in. My goal in this Sheep Game is over 60 players!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Entered!

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

I sent my lovely answers through last night, though I only put my username in the subject line.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
woop woop time to be so right and so wrong at the same time!

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
We do get publicly shamed at the end, right?

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Yes. The whole reveal (where we go through the questions two at a time) is for showering your fellow Goons/Goonettes with praise and/or other substances, and is a good part of the fun!

As of now, I've heard from 13 players:

Adiabatic
Bajaha
Dadliest Worrier
Elmnt80
ephphatha
IOwnCalculus
Liquid Communism
LloydDobler
Seat Safety Switch
sirr0bin
slothrop
toplitzin
Wrar

If you've sent your answers to me and don't see your name here, let me know; otherwise, let's keep this convoy rollin' :bandwagon:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I have replied with the winningest answers that I have yet to submit in my extensive history of sheep gaming :smugdog:

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
lovely answers submitted!

A few of them I'm really curious to see what the consensus is (or isn't!)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Submitted. Baaaaaaaaaaaaa.

(one day I will ascend to the status of "AI regular")

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
In like sin! Baaaaaaa

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
I threw my hat in the ring. I won't win, but maybe I'll at least be somewhat amusing.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

So after about 10 days, we are now up to 20 players:

Adiabatic
Bajaha
Bolind
Chillbro Baggins
cursedshitbox
Dadliest Worrier
Elmnt80
ephphatha
Fo3
IOwnCalculus
Kazinsal
Liquid Communism
LloydDobler
NumbersMatching320
Seat Safety Switch
sirr0bin
slothrop
Somewhat Heroic
toplitzin
Wrar

This is a pretty decent start, though the entry number has stalled a bit the last couple days. If you sent me your answers in already and don't see your name here, please let me know, otherwise, keep those answers rollin' in!

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I'm in.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

In.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Sent. You almost got it without identifying information, a cat decided the keyboard looked comfy.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Posted... not expecting much.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Answers sent!

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

We currently stand at 25 players:

Adiabatic
Alarbus
Bajaha
Bolind
Chillbro Baggins
cursedshitbox
Dadliest Worrier
Elmnt80
ephphatha
Fermented_Tinal
Fo3
IOwnCalculus
Kazinsal
KozmoNaut
Liquid Communism
LloydDobler
McTinkerson
NumbersMatching320
Seat Safety Switch
SharkyTM
sirr0bin
slothrop
Somewhat Heroic
toplitzin
Wrar

If you sent your answers in and don't see your name here, let me know...otherwise, keep them rolling in! My goal is to see at least 60 players in this Sheep Game.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Just over one week left, and I've heard from a total of 28 players:

Adiabatic
Alarbus
Bajaha
Bolind
Chillbro Baggins
cursedshitbox
Dadliest Worrier
echotic
Elmnt80
ephphatha
Fermented_Tinal
Fo3
freelop
IOwnCalculus
Kazinsal
KozmoNaut
Liquid Communism
LloydDobler
McTinkerson
NumbersMatching320
Seat Safety Switch
SharkyTM
sirr0bin
slothrop
some_admin
Somewhat Heroic
toplitzin
Wrar

If you have sent your answers and don't see your name here, let me know...otherwise, let's keep this bus rolling!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Finally knocked up some answers and sent them in.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Oh hey played and not a single answer has a reference to breasts

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Answer key filed.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Oh hey played and not a single answer has a reference to breasts

what a boob

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Maksimus54 posted:

what a boob

No reason to tit about with it. He is trying to win!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Answers sent

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

With :siren: 4 days left to submit answers, I've heard from 35 players:

Adiabatic
Alarbus
Bajaha
Bolind
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Chillbro Baggins
cursedshitbox
Dadliest Worrier
Eaten By A Grue
echotic
Elmnt80
ephphatha
Fender Anarchist
Fermented_Tinal
Fo3
freelop
InitialDave
IOwnCalculus
Kazinsal
KozmoNaut
Liquid Communism
LloydDobler
Maksimus54
McTinkerson
Modus Man
NumbersMatching320
Seat Safety Switch
SharkyTM
sirr0bin
slothrop
some_admin
Somewhat Heroic
Terrible Robot
toplitzin
Wrar

Would love to see over 50 players, and ideally more than 60! Keep them coming in!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I'm in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Baaaaah!