Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

We already had an OG Gravion knockoff, it was called Compatible Kaiser. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

The fact that they made Allenby a secret for A and J was just baffling to me, especially J since you can't even save Master Asia! :mad: And J is super easy, the only units you can't solo the game with are Sol Tekkaman 1 and 2 because they suck just that bad.

I actually beat it again a few weeks ago which I hadn't done since the patch had come out, the reinforcements issue is frustrating but the biggest black mark on the game is SEED. I'm not saying that just because I don't like SEED, it's more that the game didn't do anything with the plot of it, they play it painfully straight and it drags the other shows down with it. J is still a good game though.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

SEED not fitting is even weirder considering most of the other shows sort of mesh well. Like Layzner, Tekkaman Blade and Nadesico worked really well together, even with Voltes V since it also ties into "My family is my enemy".

It's probably not true but it kind of feels like SEED got sort of shoved right in there because it was popular like when it appeared in Alpha 3.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Oh poo poo we’re actually being pandered to! Makes me sad japan doesn’t seem to care about GGG though, and I remember G Gundam is usually at the bottom of popularity polls there.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

chiasaur11 posted:

Nowhere close to the bottom. The recent big Gundam poll had it in eighth, between Wing and Unicorn. Several characters and suit designs also made their lists, including Master Asia as the 13th most popular character. While it's not at Zeta or SEED levels of popularity, there's a lot of love for it around. Probably more then when it first came out in a lot of ways, since now it can be the fun oddball of the franchise, instead of making people worry that the grim war setting are gone for good in favor of more super robot stuff.

The bottom of the poll is Igloo 2: The Gravity Front, but AGE, Try, and G-Reco are also down there. If you want to see a real gap in reception, though, you can look at Thunderbolt.

US Gundam discussions tend to like it a lot, while in the Japanese rankings, it's down below double Zeta and the TV cut of Unicorn.

Good point, the last time i checked was before AGE came out and it was hovering pretty low. At least both western and japanese fans can agree AGE is horrible.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Plus it's mostly Prince of Darkness now because Yūji Ueda can't scream anymore and Akito barely emotes in that. Listening to him try to scream in BX was just kind of sad.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Nah the first time POD appeared was R and it was only for the first 3 stages before you went back in time. MX was the first “real” time it was used though.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Nasgate posted:

Speaking of W. I just finished reading the let's play(which is great). But it got me thinking about how there's really only two maps that really require you to think about the terrain(final stage with the bridges and the island stage).
Are there any SRW that use that a bit more? It's kind of boring going across flat land/space all the time.

K does but it's terrible and not any fun at all. Coming from the guy who played it like 3 times, K is a very bad game.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Infinity Gaia posted:

K was the only game until now to feature GunXSword so it had SOME redeeming characteristics. Plus holy poo poo so many dynamic kills. Like, so loving many. Isn't every single attack that Gaiking the Great can do a DK?

The only other redeeming thing about K is that it gives an ending to Dangaioh and you get to kill Gil-Berg, it was one of the two satisfying things that game did. The other being Cagalli punching Mist in his stupid face after the game is over.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Nobody is really sure but SOMETHING happened that pissed a bunch of the voice actors off. Cagalli's VA never returned to voice her again and Dearka's VA just vanished off the face of the earth after 2012.

I also remember when Z first came out Kenichi Suzumura talked about how Z's version of Shinn was the real one in his mind and Fukuda tweeted some eye-rolling stuff about how "Adding lines and scenes to a completed work was appalling".

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Hokuto posted:

That's not quite it. That quote's my translation, but there's a larger context to be had.

https://twitter.com/dramata1/status/998155526306500608

https://twitter.com/dramata1/status/998155528445530112

https://twitter.com/dramata1/status/998155529498357760

https://twitter.com/dramata1/status/998155530563735552

What he was saying, in a nutshell, is that taking a knife to someone else's work is a dick move, but that at the same time, it's okay for video games to do that because that's not going to be a 1-to-1 conversion no matter what. And he also hates cheap cash-in games, which is certainly not a complaint directed at SRW in the least.

I think a lot of this is just repeated echo-chamber manufactured controversy. People do things for different reasons. It's not necessarily because the director's on a power trip or something.

Your tweet is actually where I got that from! To me it reads like he's mad about them changing his work, but that's just my reading of it.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I miss the Favorites system honestly :( Having to beat the game a few times to get those extra upgrade bars isn’t nearly as cool.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Honestly the worst SRW that I remember having no cross series stuff is K.

All the plots are put on their own route splits and there isn’t any real character interaction between series. But SEED in Alpha 3 and J was horrendous yeah.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I laughed at the :geno: tone in Kira's attack animation there.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I feel like some kind of important milestone has been passed in SRW original character designs

This is just the X Omega guy stuffing all his fetishes in one character design. Don’t think I’ve seen many gyaru mecha pilot though.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

amigolupus posted:

Speaking of Xabungle, has there ever been a scene in SRW where Gato fires the GP02's nuke only for the Walker Gallier to catch it and toss it back to his stupid face?

No I don't believe so. But that's what they should have done in Alpha Gaiden, too bad Gato wasn't in that game.

Tribladeofchaos fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jan 29, 2019

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

ImpAtom posted:

It looks like an interview said that there wouldn't be a Love Love Tenkyoken but would be a Shuffle Alliance attack.

What’s even the point of putting G Gundam in then! :argh: The Love Love Tenkyoken is one of the best parts of the show!

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58U9GY3nfmE

gently caress yeah Master Asia! It's been more than 10 years since he's been playable.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

If those spoilers are real then Terada trolled us even harder than him going “there’s no secret route” in Z1.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Terada you motherfucker, he fooled us all by saying these were stand alone!

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Merilan posted:

I believe it happened in one of Alpha 2 or 3 as well, except your units just retreat. Still pretty annoying if you're not really into GGG and don't have them upgraded

If you don't use and upgrade all the GGG units you deserve what you get :colbert: Also people posted some of the GGG units attacks and they're...rough. Like choryujin and gekiryujin combo is...like oof.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

That's really weird man. Because I paid for T with paypal last month and had no issue with it.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

maninthesuit posted:

So, I got this in the mail.

So yeah, no dlc on Switch (at least the Asia version). That kinda sucks to be honest. Now I'm used to not being able to use DLC because I used to be on the Vita, but some of the scenarios sounded real funny/interesting and I was kind of excited that perhaps this time I'd be able to get the DLC especially because the pre-order bonus was advertised as being part of the package even after I learned of the lack of a south-east asia e-shop. Why does hype always lead to disappointment?

Anyway, I also received a partial refund on my order of $15, probably the value of the DLC. I'm not going to cancel though.

http://www.bandainamcoent.asia/new/super-robot-wars-t-redemption-of-day-1-digital-bonus-on-nintendo-switch/

And now it's saying that the switch version will get the preorder DLC in a day one patch. So at least there's that.

Tribladeofchaos fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Mar 19, 2019

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

A huge thank you to everyone who worked on this and the previous games, it really makes me happy to see all your work pay off.

It feels like SRW has gotten a shot in the arm since they've been getting english translations too, especially if they're pandering to international fans for things. The Love Love Tenkyoken not being there is some BULLSHIT though

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

The Eldora V team being treated like respected veterans instead of a joke makes me really happy. T seems really good with crossover stuff.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

You can watch Gun X Sword legally on youtube too, it's on Funimation's channel if you don't care about image quality.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

You know I was thinking, since T brought back GunXSword back when it was last seen in K maybe sometime they could get the other series from the DS games too. Like I'd be all over seeing Koutetsu Jeeg, Gaiking, and Godannar in an actual voiced SRW.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I like Dunbine but good GOD there's a lot of padding, and Neil is the dumbest "leader" I've ever seen. It's almost impressive how stupid everyone but Shou was.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Holy poo poo it's really happening! Hope we get this one, even if the last one didn't sell well over here.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I want them to do Origin so we have an excuse for more OYW and hopefully have a playable Sayla again.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

The series wouldn't be nearly as awesome without voice acting though? Although them letting dead/retired VAs get replaced is like pulling teeth, didn't Puru's VA get replaced and still wasn't in VXT?

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I'd love to see a non shin getter as well but the original and G were voiced by the classic voice actors. So gently caress it I want to see Neo Getter come back, it's been 15 years or so anyway.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Nephrite posted:

Not to derail but I unironically love Space Racist Grandpa Flit a whole lot because He's Totally Right.

Hell yeah! One of my favorite parts of BX was constantly using flit’s nuke to wipe them all out. AGE was pretty fun in that game.

Also the best squad name is still the Puru Puru Purus :colbert:

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Ashsaber posted:

Was that the most recent one, IIRC the last one I heard of was how Renton and Eureka tried to have kids but said kids were born and then turned to stone, and there was something about re-writing reality so the kids could survive, gently caress whatever happens to literally everyone else?

Yeah, when a nice love story can turn into that, uh....

That was AO which was so bad it retconned itself out of existence.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Merilan posted:

Yeah a lot of these games have past SRWs that make me go "... but wait, tell me about THAT past conflict!" like the one in V where the Nadesico team chums with Celestial Being

bring me Season 1 00 with the Meisters having to chum in Naze Nani Nadesico please

Yeah this happened in X too, let me play the 4 way war between Drake’s forces, Oz, Neo Zeon and Britannia!

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Inferno-sama posted:

Neo Zeon weren't in that war, and it wasn't as much a battle royal as you think. Drake teamed with Britannia.

Oh yeah that’s right, still would have been cool. By the way been playing X and i really like it, surprised it seems to be so disliked elsewhere.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I’m on stage 21 of X and he doesn’t seem to have a crush on her yet. He’s a smug little rear end in a top hat for sure though.

And whoever said I like it because of Wataru is correct, the characters are all really charming and I’m going to watch the show. Also it’s WEIRD not getting Mazinger until you’re almost halfway through the game.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Reiska posted:

I have heard various 'quality' things about Don Zauser or however the hell his name is spelled, yeah. I'm still debating whether I want to take the route he appears on or not. I'm assuming he's not the only one, though.

He's MISERABLE to deal with, he has HP and EN Regen and the spot where he spawns has an additional HP regen, plus he's also surprisingly dodgy so that makes him a frustrating boss to deal with.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I don't think you need to worry about Abel, like others have said you only find out her gender in an infobook. And the Abel that shows up in FINAL is androgynous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

D has some incredibly rude stages like the battlefield one mentioned, there’s a pick your poison route split, 3 emperor zuuls to fight on one and macross 7 finale on the other.

Said macross stage has the boss drain your morale with every hit and takes half damage from everything that’s not a song attack.