Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

I still want another post-apoc SRW game.

It would also be a perfect game to slot Xenogears into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Tribladeofchaos posted:

The fact that they made Allenby a secret for A and J was just baffling to me, especially J since you can't even save Master Asia! :mad: And J is super easy, the only units you can't solo the game with are Sol Tekkaman 1 and 2 because they suck just that bad.

I actually beat it again a few weeks ago which I hadn't done since the patch had come out, the reinforcements issue is frustrating but the biggest black mark on the game is SEED. I'm not saying that just because I don't like SEED, it's more that the game didn't do anything with the plot of it, they play it painfully straight and it drags the other shows down with it. J is still a good game though.

SEED alongside literally any other Gundam show makes no goddamned sense because of the whole 'Only Coordinators can use mobile suits' deal for like, half the plot or whatever. But oh wait, Gundam Fighters.

And the painfully straight way SEED is played in J doesn't really help, as you said.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Mercury Crusader posted:

When was the last time OYW shows up in a SRW game? Operation Extend? And even then, they're mashing in CCA and almost everything leading up to it because I guess people would be upset if Amuro didn't get the Nu Gundam at some point.

Personally, I'd like to see them try and do the OYW without having to hit Zeta and later at some point or incorporate an AU Gundam series, but it'd be difficult to convince people that it would be impressive or whatever. Maybe do a "beam weapons matter" thing, I dunno. When was the last time having the "beam" property on a weapon actually mattered?

Pretty sure Moon Dwellers had an ability combo to reduce beam damage or something...but that's really it.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Davzz posted:

One of K's nicknames was "Kagalli" yes.

Though I think the DS games are allowed to fix her because they could actually implement her as a playable unit since a lot of SEED Destiny's issues was bridge burning with a lot of its VAs due to its troubled production.

What I'm saying is bring back Dearka and Yzak, the GREATEST Gundam SEED characters.

Does someone have details for this? I've only heard about it third-hand basically and am deathly curious.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

So does someone know a better place to import from than play-asia? Not that I have issues with them, they just seem to take forever to get here.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Zore posted:

I just made a Singapore PSN account and got them same day

Some of us still prefer physical media. I mean I have a Singapore PSN for the DLC, but I like having the disc.

My wife has some friends who do importing too so she's going to ask them. How quickly do they start showing up on eBay, since obviously they don't do pre-orders?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

TheLastRoboKy posted:

This is what I did for X and I still managed to get most of the secrets on my first run, I just didn't get the "true ending path" that I scooped up on the second time through anyway.

I might do that myself, play blind for a change. Doubly so if Expert Mode remains and I don't have to worry about 'okay accel everything the first turn so I can make it over there to do the SR'

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Ka0 posted:

I'm playing moon dwellers. It's a bit of a jump from the gba games but I like it.

When enemies get the "orgone cloud" defense buff, is there any way to retaliate? I'm struggling to get the SR point over mission 10 land route.

Orgone Cloud is a combo of barrier/double image. So you need Strike, and either Fury or a Barrier-ignoring attack to deal full damage.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

What are the chances of it getting any kind of English translation, even if we have to sideload it or something?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm still sad we'll never see the Master Asia/Grahf villain team up.

Yes, this would be amazing. Devil Gundam + Deus for an epic boss battle while we're at it.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Ka0 posted:

It's not too important but once you acquire them, in Moon Dwellers, who do you usually assign to the Ashsaviour, Fortegigas, Vaisaga and Garmraid Blaze?
Don't really care since I'm only focusing on PTs based off real robits.

I found myself sticking Yon into the Ashsavior, but anyone with a good ranged stat would work there.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Ka0 posted:

I've also started upgrading some robots, Belzelute for instance, higher accuracy so Calvina won't miss half of the time. Mobility for the Granteed. I assume spending money on Gilliam's gespenst which is made of paper is not a good investment?
On the topic of increasing pilot skills, when do you actually start to have enough AP to actually upgrade pilot skills, or is it all a pipe dream.

Upping the Mobility on the Granteed is kind of a waste. With enough Armor it'll be taking zero damage from most attacks, thanks to its own barrier.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Hokuto posted:

If you want to read an SRW T interview with producers Takanobu Terada and Shohei Mogami, you can find my quick and dirty translation here.

Thank you for your service, this was a great read.

It almost sounds like the T original gets the Gespenst, rather than there being extra originals like they did for V. BUt we know they'd never put out a game without a cool new OG robot.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

KoB posted:

Gungust and Huckbein had new originals too, so I bet thats not it.

I thought that Vert and Lottie were from X-Omega in some fashion. But I'm betting on two originals, one for the Gespesnt, and one for the new OG mech.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Ka0 posted:

I really like the menu muzak in Moon Dwellers. The mexican-style trumpets give it a smooth fusion vibe I could listen to for hours. I finally got to the point where Haken joins in, his robot shoots out a green hair lady. I'm placing him on the Vysaga and having Russell pilot the Haken instead.
Is it necessary to have Latooni pilot the lolita robot again? Can I get by with her on the Wildraubtier or something else instead??

If you don't put Latooni in the Haken at least once you are a monster.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

MightyPretenders posted:

Doesn't one Kyosuke route mission take place at the edge of the Washington DC crater (now a lake)?

No, that's a mission in OG2 where you fight the Inspectors and have to start in the lake itself, it kind of sucks.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Ka0 posted:

For the OG series, is there such a thing as a mechanical book or illustration art book? Yes it's me, I'm the guy who likes the OG mechs.

I think there's a collection called 'Super Robot Wars OG Secret Hangar" that has a lot of stuff from OG1 and OG2 in it.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Ka0 posted:

Question about ships: is it necessary I give EN-save skill to the captain (Lefina/Ginto) for the effect to work or could I give it to the XOs instead (Tetsuya/Sean)

The only skill that works for the XOs is SP Up. I can't remember if you can buy them SP Regen or Mental (Reduce SP Cost to 80%) in MD, but those would work too.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Ka0 posted:

Ah thank you. So there's a SP cost reduce skill? I can finally spam smite and raid over and over against annoying mirage bosses.

Yes there's the Meditate skill in Moon Dwellers. But SP Regen is locked to certain pilots who start with it.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Ka0 posted:

Understood. Please tell me more about pilot and robot abilities. I see you purchase them with AP rather than cash or pp. There're three slots per pilot and his or her corresponding robot. They are color coded for attack, defensive, hit and support. Most of them read as "will activate when equipping at least 3", does that mean I have to buy the same ability three times for it to activate? Why do both robots and pilots have those three slots, is there a redundancy I'm missing?

Those are as weird as they sound. Basically yes, you need to have three of the ability equipped to get the effect. This explains further, but basically, both pilots in a twin get the benefit of all the ability bonuses. So pairing say, the R-1 and the ART-1 and giving one of them the Nendou Up ability would give both mechs the 5% damage bonus on those attacks.

There's not really any reason to split the abilities between more than one pilot/mech. Stick the three items on one thing, it doesn't matter. And work your way to getting Block ability parts for every pair. Trust me.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

Is there any easy way to get those new English SRWs? I'm really feeling like playing some but I don't want to restart Z for the millionth time (because I know I won't complete it anyways). I thought about getting V or X off the Singapore PSN store but they're stupidly expensive there (89.90 SGD, what the gently caress). Physical from Play-Asia is a much more managable 49 dollars but then importing it would probably be a gigantic pain in the rear end in this backwater third world shithole I live in, not to mention the extreme and unclear waiting time.

Is there any cheaper way to get a digital version?

If you make yourself an SEA Region PSN account you can buy it there, by buying the PSN cards through play-asia or some such. Once it's downloaded it won't care what account you're on, so if importing is a pain that might be the easiest way.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

V is very good.

X isn't as good and I've yet to finish it but it's not bad.

Agreed, the dynamic between Chitose and Nine is much better than Iori/Amari and Spero. It also felt like it made better use of the series involved even with the world hopping.

But drat it'll be nice to not have any world hopping involved in T. Now if only we could get classic Nadeisco back.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

KoB posted:

Im pertty sure all of these exist.

Theres definitely at least:
Huck MKIII
Gespenst MkII & Kai
whatever that Gesterbein or whatever is called
Grungust type 0
Type 3
DGG
Sladglmir
Ialdabaoth
CompiKaiser
Soulgain
Alt, Weiss, 'Burg, Falken

Theres a bunch more but I dont feel like making this bigger i guess.

I've got two Gespensts (One is the special edition red one from 2nd OGs), an OG Huckebein, both Fairlions, Guarlion Trombe, Grungust Type 3, Grungust Type 0, Alteisein Riese, Valsione and the R-Gun myself. I actually just got the Galilnagant for X-Mas too.

I've also got Weissritter and Cybuster as plain figures rather than models. Koto does their kits differently enough from Bandai that you'll really notice the difference if you build both kinds.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

New Shin Dragon looks boss.

Glad to see the rest of the Shuffle Alliance too.

GGG needs some animation help, that Dividing Driver just lacked any impact at all.

OG mech looks nice, but needs an upgrade. Also glad that the other protag just gets the Gespenst. I love me some Gespensts.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Ka0 posted:

Stupid MD question time. When you get the Cerbelion, is Radha an OK choice. If it's more melee oriented than the Hyperlion or Siegerlion, but it has that -lion mobility bonus.

It's not terrible overall, I think I ended up putting Ryoto or Yon in it when I did use it, but the inability to equip more weapons makes it fall behind other reals, in my opinion.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Light Gun Man posted:

For some reason this made me think of the J9 Team and now I miss them

It would be nice to see them again wouldn't it?

I really hope the other Nadesico units got improved since we last saw them in V, otherwise it might as well be a battleship-only inclusion because the two Aestivalis were just so bad.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

EthanSteele posted:

Luckily the games have been heading towards being more accessible with difficulty being entirely opt-in/self-correcting.

J had a good form of this, where in NG+ you could select how many upgrade pips the base enemies got. Not that it helped with J carrying all your upgrades over, but still, would be nice tos ee that again.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

One of the things I really like about V is that none of it's shows are in isolation*, they all tie into at least one other series on their respective worlds in some notable fashion

*unlike for example how Gundam SEED barely ties into anything else in J

Ugh, SEED made no sense at all in J. Though it did a pretty poor job overall of having different series interact. The best it did was having FMP mooks fighting for Dr Hell at one point. But there were plenty of stages where you'd finish off all of one wave of ZAFT, only for a wave of Radam to show up or something. They never fought against each other or anything.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

EthanSteele posted:

News for T: You get Domon and Van early, followed by Akito as the Revenge Trio. Meril is voiced by Mai Aizawa who voiced Mel in the Z series, so she's got range. Shin Getter Dragon doesn't transform, just forms the other bits as needed, which we sorta knew already.

Bebop Formation I and II are the thing and Domon has his 50% afterimage, let's goooo.

Still working on animations, Spike's aren't quite done yet.

Hopefully the same can be said for GGG, that Dividing Driver felt kind of weak.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

they did basically the best thing you could do with embryo in the last few stages of v

I've said it before, the only thing missing is Big O so Dorothy can dunk on him too.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

On the super/real debate, wasn't the SoulSaber built as a prototype of a mass-producable Super Robot?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

MechaX posted:

Couldn't like 5% of KOS-MOS blow up a sun or some poo poo

It's been over a decade since I've played through any of the Xenosaga games

That was the 'PT Cartridge'...which she summoned a giant gently caress-off cannon to use and could indeed destroy a sun. KOS-MOS would fit right in as a Tekkaman-sized unit in a mainline game, instead of being stuck in the terrible side games.

I played XS1 way too many times.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Nuebot posted:

I actually bought myself Break Edition when everything was on sale for christmas and it feels like a completely different game than 3 did at launch. They rebalanced the hell out of it so enemies aren't just massive HP sinks anymore and the game is a lot of fun.

Zeorymer is super fun and Great Zeorymer in J was hilariously broken. It's just a shame you couldn't really use it until the last few stages and getting it was a pain in the rear end.

Speaking of pains in the rear end; why are the stage point requirements in X so bad? "Kill three guys in one turn, within three turns with the same unit" It's not hard. But gently caress you game, all the same.

BS like that is why Expert Mode is Easy Mode.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Just about every time they went "Gundams and Valiancers" and that was enough for me to go nope

Ugh, Buddy Complex was so...meh. I get that it mattered to the plot in X, but...those robots and the plot of the show were terribly uninspiring.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah I wish I could find a better place to order the physical PS4 version than play-asia, it takes forever for it get through customs and across the country.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

https://twitter.com/srw_game/status/1102116398787190784

There's no sign of a Gespenst Kick, and 3/4 of the replies to that tweet are asking about it. If it doesn't have it I might have misjudged the SRW team's love of awesome robot things.

edit: or the Jet Magnum, so what are we even talking about here?

That's just...so sad. There couldn't be a more iconic attack for the Gespenst than the Kick, or the Jet Magnum...and they give us the Slash Ripper?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

DrManiac posted:

How long does standard speed delivery take for a playasia pre-order?

You're looking at 2 to 3 weeks at the least. And unless you're there to sign for it, you'll likely have to go to the post office with a slip, rather than just coming home to it in your mailbox.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Kchama posted:

I mean, I guess you dislike them but you were missing out on some of the best units in those two games. The Huckebein and Grungust basically were my best units for like, a solid quarter of the game.

Cybaster had stiffer competition though since you actually got Wataru early on.

Lottie was my top ace for a good chunk of the game because the Grungust is just fantastic.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

A huge thank you indeed to Hokuto and Caphi...even though I won't be able to touch the game for a couple weeks because play-asia is the slowest shipper in the universe i swear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I'll keep saying that I want to see Xenogears in SRW. Having Macross (the original) back would be wonderful too.

Something else I want to see is Vandread. It made it into X-Omega but, well, X-Omega.