Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

WrightOfWay posted:

SRX is a combiner.

Not of vehicles, which is what he was after. Unless you count the R-wing, which still leaves R-2 and R-3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

drrockso20 posted:

Well it is in J...

Well, in a units only fashion, anyway. Unless you count "Shapiro Keats works for Yet Another Enemy Faction" (Layzner in this case) as plot I guess.

HitTheTargets posted:

Off the top of my head, the worst one is a space map where plot relevant kill-sats spawn in the southwest, southeast, and northeast corners of the map. When you kill them HELL YES the boss spawns in the northwest.

I remember Dr. Hell teamed with Gauron and had mixed forces. That's all I can recall.

Er, they actually kind of worked together a lot? On top of the already mentioned Shapiro (Who is admittedly just doing what Shapiro always does), Jovians and Gradosians worked together (at first, anyway), Zeorymer constantly imported mooks (Probably because Zeorymer itself doesn't have any), I think I recall a mission where Boazanian empire imports something from someone else, and treats it as such in plot, though gently caress if I recall what it was.

Also, though it's not strictly working together, Rau le Creuset from Seed kills Kusakabe from Nadesico because gently caress that guy.

Also a bunch of plot crap (General Colbert from Tekkaman Blade working with Muruta Azrael from Gundam Seed, for example), but who cares about that.

... actually I think the only faction that never works with anyone whatsoever besides the OG enemies is the Radam. Which, well, they wouldn't.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Nov 27, 2018

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Getsuya posted:

Yeah Alpha was my first game so I understood little to none of the mechanics aside from some very basic stuff, and the only thing that got across to me was that Dancouga couldn't take a hit like Mazinger or Raideen so I used it but it was sort of my back-line Super.

Yeah, that's kind of Dancouga's thing, like Getter.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Infinity Gaia posted:

It's worth it because Great Zeo can basically solo the rest of the game. Who needs other secrets?

Zeorymer can also basically solo the rest of the game, really.

A lot of units can, really, J's extremely easy.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

EGSunBro posted:

Also like a single unupgraded B character real can solo J. It’s one of the easier games in an easy series.

I think people have legitimately solo'd the game with the Baybull or something.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

AradoBalanga posted:

Not that I can recall. J is basically "Here's the Cosmic Era plus some new series, but with very little effort to create cohesion between the featured series outside of a few spots". It gets even more :psyduck: when you recall that SEED puts a big emphasis on nuclear power being kneecapped, but the G-Gundam cast (whose Gundams are powered by nuclear reactors) can fly around perfectly fine without being affected by the Neutron Jammers. Which gives a boost to a theory about SEED's tech I've come across; the jammers only affect nuclear fission, but do gently caress all to prevent nuclear fusion (aka, the usual reactor power source for most Gundam series). Then again, the show's staff have allegedly deflected questions related to explaining how in-universe technology works, so...yeah, it doesn't surprise me that SEED has inconsistent technobabble.

Also Burrstone of the Mountain from Zeorymer exists in it, the robot who's weapon is literally firing a bunch of nukes at you.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Caphi posted:

I think J and W were the only games to use all the Aestis, because W was where they started using PoD.

Also A and R

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Wasn't K the one that tried to fix Cagalli or something.

Or maybe that was L.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

EthanSteele posted:

Latooni loves Tekkaman.

Not sure she has the vocal cords for it, though.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Hokuto posted:

Goddamn this is way more time consuming than I expected. I had to stop for the night but I finished OG1. OG2 will take longer.

Part 1, Super Robot Wars Original Generation 1: Divine Wars

If you'll believe it, this is the short version, where I leave out all the fluff about Project SRX and Project ATX. If it's going to be newcomer-friendly, I gotta make cuts somewhere. Maybe I'll do a group/faction primer later or something.

Other note, I use some different names than Atlus. That's my personal preference.

edit: added a couple of paragraphs because the DC War didn't have a retrospective summary and I almost forgot to talk about the Moustacheman

There's one big thing about this backstory I never understood.

How in the everliving gently caress did a single meteor destroy both New York City and Washington DC.

Did it slide for 200 miles or something?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Ka0 posted:

Is the voice actor for Roar the same guy who did Ran Garrod in AW Gundam X ? There's something about his voice. That means it's the same guy in Unicorn who played Alberto, the space beta arms-dealer corporation child.

Yes. Wataru Takagi.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Blaze Dragon posted:

Is there any easy way to get those new English SRWs? I'm really feeling like playing some but I don't want to restart Z for the millionth time (because I know I won't complete it anyways). I thought about getting V or X off the Singapore PSN store but they're stupidly expensive there (89.90 SGD, what the gently caress). Physical from Play-Asia is a much more managable 49 dollars but then importing it would probably be a gigantic pain in the rear end in this backwater third world shithole I live in, not to mention the extreme and unclear waiting time.

Is there any cheaper way to get a digital version?

89.90 SGD is actually only a bit over $60. The singapore dollar is kind of piss. So you'd be saving a bit over $10 in exchange for lolInternationalDelivery

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
*gets SRW X for switch, because Switch is good and cool*

... now hold the gently caress up here.

The gently caress's a Cybaster. Where's my god drat Cybuster.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

GimmickMan posted:

so im looking at the true ending requirements and uhhh do i really have 5 stages to get kouji and tetsuya up to 80 kills? that sounds... a wee bit much

Total. Between the two of them.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Cross Ange plot: Okay Imma go desert to save my sister.
Like half the cast: Okay good luck we'll cover for you.
Lelouch: gently caress that we're just going to attack them, no desertion necessary, that's dumb.

This poo poo is what I come to SRW for.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Kchama posted:

Their 'anniversary' games don't always come out on the same year as the anniversary. OGMD and V were 25th anniversary games, and V came out a year after the anniversary.

So in short, who knows.

Be kind of nonsensical to consider pushing things forward a possible normal thing when the case you're talking about is pushing things back

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Raxivace posted:

They renegotiated their deal or something and basically have the rights until the heat death of the universe now.

Why bother? WHO KNOWS, they're asshats!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

GimmickMan posted:

Also it happens right after Embryo is done bragging about how he used the Buddyverse as a test tube and it totally proved him right and he's such a genius.

Like most things involving Embryo getting punched in the face and losing his poo poo, it owns.

Man, Cross Ange sucks and everything, but everything SRW does with it owns hard.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Endorph posted:

this is pretty off topic but it makes you seriously wonder what will happen with the olympics

If poo poo's still terrible in late July we've probably got bigger problems.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Kchama posted:

I guess I'm a weird person who liked Amari a lot. I liked her trying to be in charge even a little and just being out of her depth completely. And also I just liked her piloting a kungfu magic robot.

Amari herself is fine.

The problem's Spero interacting with Amari.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Samurai Sanders posted:

I finally got around to watching the first season of The old Legend of Galactic Heroes anime. There's a remake anime in progress right now but it just kind of stopped, was a canceled or anything? Anyway, if they're going to keep up with the spaceships are okay policy for SRW that would seem a natural choice, since it's a pre-made galactic civilization with lots of different factions that existing anime organizations can belong to.

The second season came as a trio of movies. The last one aired last november.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Endorph posted:

it went from being a muvluv ripoff to a muvluv ripoff

When's the harem romcom arc?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Golden Battler posted:

I think you're hitting some kind of laurel/yanny thing here cuz he's definitely saying Ankensatsu, not Darkness Slash.

I can at least hear how someone could think it's Darkness Slash (Unlike loving laurel/yanny), but yeah, it's definitely Ankensatsu.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jan 12, 2021

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Justin_Brett posted:

Remember when Might Gaine's final villain was supposed to be a toy company because the writers hated their jobs? That's what 'they' said, anyway.

I mean, to be fair that one's less far off than a lot of the bullshit we're comparing it to here. In a sea of complete and utter horseshit, Gaine's thing is just a slight misunderstanding.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Shaezerus posted:

Yeah this is gonna have to be my strategy. There are... three stages I can do that on, maybe? It shouldn't be too difficult provided I'm actually smart about what I'm doing.

I have a better idea.

:hmmyes:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

WrightOfWay posted:

I mean, Banjou's voice actor died in 2006 and they've been reusing voice clips for him even up to X. I think if they were to recast Excellen, it probably won't happen until whenever the new OG game happens.

They've pretty much got everything they could conceivably need out of Banjou anyway, but Excellen (could) be an important focus character. They might need new lines at some point.

Granted, they were probably basically done with her for purposes beyond "Be Excellen" after OGs, but still.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

ImpAtom posted:

I think it's more that Crossbone requires a bare-rear end minimum number of units, most of which they have sprites for already. In comparison Victory would probably require a large investment for a series that people aren't as hype about compared to other choices they could add.

The last time they added a Gundam series that wasn't particularly popular we got G-Reco's weirdass inclusion where they all but removed the protagonist's primary gimmick.

Wait, what's his primary gimmick that got ignored

Also I'd like to file an objection to "Why bother with Victory" on the grounds that Victory allows for Old Man Judau. And that's amazing.

(Yes I know Crossbone technically allows that too but they haven't so whatever.)

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jun 22, 2021

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Er.

Is it just me misremembering, or do they not normally bother mentioning 0079 when they have other UC gundams.

Are we getting 0079 plot?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the anime isn't, no. they decided to do like 8 volumes of the ln in one cour. it's just as insane as it sounds.

Okay but is the series good in whatever other forms it exists in.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jul 2, 2021

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Endorph posted:

Possibly leaked screenshot? it looks legit enough to me but I've seen crazier things be fake.

:thumbsup:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

drrockso20 posted:

Like I said including Zeta but not ZZ when things seem to be leaning hard on Neo Zeon due to the CCA and Narrative inclusions is just bizarre

For that matter Narrative potentially being the lynchpin for the Gundam portion of 30 is loving weird considering it's the sort of movie that would normally be done in a single stage like War In The Pocket or Endless Waltz in most SRW games if they even bother giving it any plot

It's plot stretches over basically the entirety of UC, sooooo.

Also, heresy. Endless Waltz got, like, 3 whole missions way back in Alpha Gaiden.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Willo567 posted:

Also, was Knight's and Magic the first modern Japanese isekai to do the whole "Reincarnate in another world" trope? People say it's Jobless Reincarnation, but that started in 2012 while K&M started in 2010

Neither are remotely near being the oldest, Jobless was mostly notable for creating a lot of tropes that they use nowadays, and for not being complete garbage.

It is instead mostly garbage.

The OG modern novel isekai is Familiar of Zero. Which is almost a decade prior.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jul 13, 2021

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Willo567 posted:

Is Knights and Magic actually good? I saw the first episode, and while it was cliche and not really anything special it seemed all right

Like 99% of modern isekai is hot garbage, so my instinct says no, but hey, maybe it's not. It at least has the good sense to isekai into humongous mecha :smug:

Plus SRW will probably trim off chunks of stupid anyway.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
How.

HOW?!?!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Siegkrow posted:

You mean Drill gundam and Train gundam?

Gaogaigar ALSO has a train.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Look mang, drills... are cool.

Trains somewhat less so.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Kchama posted:

I can't believe all you fuckers forgot both Dunbine AND Masoukishin, if we're talking Familiar of Zero.

FoZ wouldn't count as a reincarnation Isekai anyways, since Satou is just summoned ala Masoukishin and Dunbine (though Dunbine did it right as Shou was in the process of being hit by a truck).

Neither Dunbine or Masoukishin are novels, so obviously they can't be the beginners of the current light novel isekai formula :colbert:

Also reincarnation isn't a requirement in the modern formula anyway. Just kind of getting yoinked over is still pretty common.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Blaze Dragon posted:

The only thing that makes me sad here is that SRW 30 has SSSS.Gridman, which is canonically part of the Trigger Universe (as Alexis Kerib is Over Justice that's decided that Justice is Over), and yet they didn't take the chance to add Promare which is also a Trigger property that's undeniably a mecha movie. We could've had Galo and Lio finally meet other Trigger characters.

Hell, throw Gurren-Lagann in too. It's Gainax but it's essentially Trigger in all but rights.

Promare basically just came out. There's usually something like a 3ish year delay between something coming out and it being in SRW.

Though Geass movie is kind of pushing that since it won't quite be 3 years when 30 comes out, but it won't be far off.

Also going by the "We managed to get series that only involve a handful of licensing" thing that sounds like how this is happening at all, Promare would add another one to the pile, since GKids got it.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jul 14, 2021

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Come to think of it, what's in the third geass recap movie that they needed that wasn't covered by Resurrection, anyway?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Psycho Landlord posted:

Very excited to play Super Robot Wars for the first time in three months and have to navigate this

when I want to ask questions about where this Mazinkaiser thing came from

(I am actually super hyped tho)

Model Kits

But really it's just there to give Infinity a Mazinkaiser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
By the way, I haven't checked, are the system requirements the same as V and X were?