Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

I saw a short video about something called ABC soup on Instagram - carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, and your choice of chicken or pork in a pot - boiled just til everything is done, but not so it falls apart

I think I’ll jazz it up with some turmeric, onions, corn, and sweet sweet MSG

maybe some diced cilantro also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i say swears online posted:

big ol' bag of MSG is a kitchen staple

yeah i bought a 400g bag because it was the same price as a little shaker but i thought "who needs this much MSG?" and the answer is: me. i need that much MSG

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

wolfs posted:

I saw a short video about something called ABC soup on Instagram - carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, and your choice of chicken or pork in a pot - boiled just til everything is done, but not so it falls apart

nice. add a squeeze of lime when you pour a bowl and top with avocado and cilantro and that's basically tortilla soup

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Eat This Glob posted:

yeah i bought a 400g bag because it was the same price as a little shaker but i thought "who needs this much MSG?" and the answer is: me. i need that much MSG

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I don't think msg spoils so you can buy a huge bag and pass it on to your descendants

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah it's just salt. keep away from moisture to retain texture consistency but king tut's stash would make good fried rice

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

wolfs posted:

I just saw that today, I do not like these algorithms that show everyone something all at once

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

roasting cuban pork with mojo today, very excited. following this recipe again https://www.seriouseats.com/cuban-roast-pork-shoulder-mojo-recipe

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The Voice of Labor posted:

adolf hitler is holding a gun to your head and barking orders at you in broken english. he is demanding that you make the most inauthentic ethnic cuisine you can. what do you do?

Chicken sushi

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

adolf hitler is holding a gun to your head and barking orders at you in broken english. he is demanding that you make the most inauthentic ethnic cuisine you can. what do you do?

pow wow chow

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

“freshmex”

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

bedpan posted:

pow wow chow

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

SardonicTyrant posted:

Chicken sushi

telling Hitler you're gonna serve him sushi and giving him a plate of dolmas

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Johnsonville brats

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

my buddy ordered middle eastern food for dinner last week and got labneh on a whim and it was delicious but pretty expensive for how much we got, so i decided to see how tough it was to make.

turns out all is is full-fat yogurt and salt put into a cheese cloth hung in the fridge to let the whey drip out to leave the solids to make a soft cheese. add let it go 24 hours. put a little za'atar seasoning and olive oil on top and bing, bang, boom, cheap labneh whenever i want.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Labneh...

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Made some super easy oven roasted salmon and asparagus and potatoes for lunch today. It feels like a meal this tasty requiring this little effort should be a crime.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I put a pork shoulder blade steak and some cauliflower in the over last night. I too am guilty of easy deliciousness.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I've started cooking meat in my broiler and it works great but I'm also experimenting with dry brining and I'm not sure how to season the meat other than with salt because if I put a dry rub on it it burns in the broiler at the temps I'm using. Any ideas?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

icantfindaname posted:

I've started cooking meat in my broiler and it works great but I'm also experimenting with dry brining and I'm not sure how to season the meat other than with salt because if I put a dry rub on it it burns in the broiler at the temps I'm using. Any ideas?

make a sauce

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Freekeh...

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

icantfindaname posted:

Make a rub for your meat that includes all of the flavours you want in the finished product. For example, for dry brining a pork shoulder, I make a rub with salt, paprika, garlic powder, roasted garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, brown sugar, and black pepper. For poultry, salt, lemon zest, thyme, sage, powdered rosemary. I find that all of these flavors get nicely distributed through the meat if it's given enough time to cure.

Coat the meat with the rub, air cure it uncovered in a fridge for a few days, then cook, usually low and slow. If you want to add other flavours, like BBQ sauce, you'd add those closer to the end of the cooking time.

Most of the dry spices and herbs should be wetted by the surface of the meat and absorbed into it over time. If there are big globs of dry spice on the surface of the meat at cooking time, just remove them.

Karach has issued a correction as of 20:16 on Mar 19, 2024

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

made a jalapeño/corn/bacon salad and some guacamole to go with it.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I made Pillsbury crescents but I rolled in some leftover grated cheddar and pickled jalapenos for a next-level treat.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Whipped up my own "Big Meat Trio"- genoa salami, prosciutto salami, and chorizo salami with mozzarella, lettuce, mayo, and a nice homemade Greek dressing on a hero roll. Pepperoncinis on the side. Need a way to dress the sandwich without making the bread soggy- the mayo alone cannot act as a barrier for the sheer quantity of oil and vinegar I douse it in

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I've been eating roast beef provolone and mayo subs for basically my whole life, it's what I like and I dont stray from that. Except last week I ordered turkey, American cheese, mayo, and salt + pepper with an oil and vinegar "sub sauce" and I am absolutely smitten with the delicious greasy slick mess

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Dokapon Findom posted:

Whipped up my own "Big Meat Trio"- genoa salami, prosciutto salami, and chorizo salami with mozzarella, lettuce, mayo, and a nice homemade Greek dressing on a hero roll. Pepperoncinis on the side. Need a way to dress the sandwich without making the bread soggy- the mayo alone cannot act as a barrier for the sheer quantity of oil and vinegar I douse it in

dril candles tweet but oil and vinegar

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Made Japanese milk bread for the first time, just the lightest, pillowiest balls of dough

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

some Soviet dinner inspiration:

Dinner with beer. Photo from the Book of Tasty and Healthy Food (USSR, 1962)

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

oh hey I've got all the ingredients to make that in my fridge

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

including what looks like about two liters of beer? thats like the most important part of any tasty and healthy dinner

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Enjoying a hamburger with- what's that? That's right, you guessed it- a Peroni, and it is absolutely crushing all the notes as far as an accompaniment to a late night burg :cheers:

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

bedpan posted:

pow wow chow

https://elizabethwarrenwiki.org/pow-wow-chow-cookbook/#cite-note-8

https://imgur.com/WHyd0

we should have a liz warren cherokee cookoff itt

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I had a mustard dog yesterday while listening to Mariners baseball. I think it was even the Mariners Dog branded hot dogs too.

love me a hot dog. slam it into my gullet.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Red snappers are the superior hotdogs, cartoon knows what's up

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

the redondo red hot dogs are actually the superior dog just because they're the dog of filipino spaghetti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm begging someone else to enter the IK contest