Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

I get that they aren't close to the same. But I have no obligation to reveal everything, just like you don't. I didn't say anything yesterday about being vanilla town. That was something that was inferred, but I neither confirmed nor denied it.

Then please let me re-quote your from yesterday:

So tonight I can do nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

100% disagree. Keeping some cards close to your chest is always worthwhile.

Lying does not equal withholding information. Both bad, lying super bad. Ta.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
Hey Humalong, can you please tell us your role?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

Kit - In the spirit of good faith, will you at least let me know that you saw what I posted about my role PM?

I didn't until after I had replied to your last post.

I wish Max and Nat20 were here to comment.

I'm very confident KB and pera are town based on our masonry. We've made ourselves be very active as a way to try catch scum, and I'd be amazed if either of them ends up scum (specially KB. We've talked for hours).

Chaos Lord was cleared based on my role.

Nat20 was cleared too, but it was an odd night investigation while bif was alive so eh...ymmv

Max has been acting so townie.

Yami lied, killed MMT, came up as scum on MMT's cop (on an even night while bif was alive). Most certainly scum.

Sal. Discussed hell and back.

Humalong. I can't read him at all. He says keeps going backwards and forwards on his post. I feel like we should all try to lynch him (as rhj suggested), but what if it counts as a no cuddle and we die? But what else could we try?

Humanlong: Do you have the ability to kill? Have you killed anyone? Can you kill yourself? Are you scum? Are you town? Can you please kill yourself?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

Could you please not phrase things like that?

Thank you for acknowledging my post!

Fair enough. I was trying out a thing where maybe his power would work to specific town requests? :shrug: I'm a bit desperate here, but yes point taken.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Natural 20 posted:

Oh Yo, Sal is telling the truth about his role.

Can you please expand on this? Can you please full claim and give us an insight on the other investigations? Assuming that Yami is scum, we still have another one to find.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah su—

WOW

Can't blame me for trying, but let's put this aside for now. Can you please tell me what you have done since the game commenced? What are your thoughts on the remaining scum?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Yami Fenrir posted:

Meh. I don't care anymore

Fullclaim time:

I'm actually a Serial Killer. I'm the Serial Killer who appeared in b-' watch.

I asked for a killing role with an Absorber power, but instead I just got a bog standard SK with 1 shot BP. :negative:

And I'm fairly certain KB is scum based on that. Because KB tripped over themselves trying to get me out.

Think about it.

N1, B- saw me kill podima. That means that scum knew there was an SK.
N2, I didn't kill anyone.

Then suddenly, KB comes out claiming to have a scum result on me. Which is bogus, because who checks a claimed miller? So I knew it was MMT's track to pod.

In response to that, I claim to have vigged someone but not know who it ended up hitting - which would have explained MMT's track.

Except, MMT is suddenly saying I didn't visit anyone. How is MMT's result of me not visiting anyone equal to a scum result?

That makes zero sense. The only reason to pull that gambit with that result is because KB knew I was an SK, because they're scum.

But, honestly, I don't care that much anymore. Scum played pretty well this game, and looking at the claimed roles, my chance of winning were close to zero anyway.

Please hammer me so I can check out deadchat.

##vote Yami Fenrir

I can verify that KB knew about your result because MMT investigated you on N2. Masonry didn't believe your miller claimed and thought you were a safe target for a roll. The roll came on cop (on an even night with bif's luck) and landed on straight cop. You were copped as not town.

Also, MMT also targeted you on N1 and the result came up as "Yami didn't go anywhere". After reading bif's roll, it seems clear that it was an unlucky night result and it just got misdirected to bif (who didn't go anywhere). I hope that clears things up.

I'm pretty sure Sal is scum, but if you are in fact SK and not scum, then I take my hat off to the last scum. Maybe it's Nat 20, an immune to cop CL, or a truly remarkable scum play by Max, pera and KB in that order.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Yami Fenrir posted:

Well, duh I copped as not town. Why the hell would I claim miller if I copped town?

That logic is ridiculous.

It is what it is. I was just explaining what happened, because it wasn't obvious that you were MMT's target both nights. Additionally, you were making it out to be like KB was scum because of it, which is not true. KB was just our voice so that scum didn't know who did what in our masonry.

To put it more into context, you have to also understand that MMT's roll were unreliable, so there was a chance the target could end up dead and we didn't mind if you ended up dead.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

Hey Kit, it's typically not a good idea to ask an investigative role to full claim. I understand that you are asking from a genuine place, but it could be seen as role fishing and I would prefer that scum not know the full extent of Nat20's role.

I'm sorry, but I can't believe you'd say this as town. I just claimed as a cop/gunsmith myself. Of course I need Nat20 to full claim, because who exactly do you think is scum at this point? And how else do you suggest town will win?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

I understand your feelings more than anyone.

+1

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
Also I’m going to bed and won’t be back for at least 10 more hrs. Town fighting!

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Max posted:

Alright well

It's Saturday night, and the feelings right.

##vote yami

Oh what a night

This was quite disappointing. You tell us to wait for you and then you come back and just lynch Yami without providing any cases or thoughts on the current situation.

I believe all the players alive have claimed, can you please do the same? Can you also tell us what you have done at night since you came into the game? ta

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Mr. Humalong posted:

I guess you could try to sway me to kill the people you want killed.

I am susceptible to flattery.

Can you please tell us which people you have killed? :wink:

Does the person you've possessed know that they've been possessed? And why did you choose this role?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Mr. Humalong posted:

While I understand being mad about Max AKA Saruman hammering with no real explanation getting upset about the SK being taken out is not really great. Keep in mind most mafia threads have very little discussion happen on Sundays, even when it’s deadline. I’ve seen a handful of no-lunches and most of them happened when the deadline was Sunday.

I am not upset that Yami died or that Max hammered. I thought this was obvious.

I expressed disappointment over Max's lack of comments, because I had been waiting for them for hours. It's why I hadn't voted Yami myself. We all knew that Yami was going to flip either SK or scum. So why bother commenting on it?

Can you please answer my question regards your kills for nights 1-4?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Max posted:

Most of the topics felt talked out at that moment, and it was Saturday and I didn't want to sit around the thread thinking about it. I checked in and asked if anyone was around for at least an hour, but no one really replied aside from CL, so I just went ahead with it.

Also

I don't think I have ever gotten your opinion on Sal, nor Chaos Lord. I don't know if you believe KB is town or your feelings about me or pera. So I don't think all of the topics were talked out, no. But do you mind address your thoughts on the remainder players in case I missed them? :)

With regards to your role, just so that I keep this straight, are you telling me that you only picked to come into the game late? No other ability? And that you didn't visit anyone last night?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Max posted:

And yes I actually signed up for this game just so I could pull the "nah I'm not actually going to play" gag and show up day 3. It's a variation on what I had wanted to do in Winefia before Humalong rudely murdered me N1 just before I was going to abscond for a while. Now I got to play it out. It was fun. I don't have any other powers.

Can you explain why did my investigation of you last night come up as "Max has the ability to kill"?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Max posted:

Either your investigation is wrong or you're lying.

Sorry, but this is not it. My investigations have been as follows:

Night 1: Nat 20 = cannot kill
Night 2: Rhj = cannot kill
Night 3: CL = cannot kill
Night 4: Max = can kill

Considering that Nat20 and Rhj both flipped town, and that the only powers known to gently caress up investigations (bif and jimmy) are dead. I am very inclined to believe that you, and not CL, is scum.

##vote Max

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Max posted:

Either way, what's up with this? Something happen, or is this just us getting on with what was interrupted two days ago?

pera saw Sal trying to kill me last night; we have no idea why I am still alive. You're all masonry caught up.

I'm happy to vote you (got a 'can kill' result) or Sal. Since my guesses are that the scum team is either you and Sal or you and pera. I'm leaning towards the first due to the fact that pera has been straight up honest, whereas Sal has been posting like scum all game. However, you are the common denominator on my scum guesses.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Max posted:

What about me, besides a result, makes you think I'm scum?

First of all, the result carries most weight. Putting it aside there's the fact that you entered late in the game and I thought this would be beneficial to scum since by now most investigated roles have died. Additionally, I found this particular post to be very scummy:

Max posted:

Alright well

It's Saturday night, and the feelings right.

##vote yami

Oh what a night

With regards to this:

Max posted:

Oh good pera saw a kill happen.

Max posted:

I definitely trust that.

pera has been honest to the masonry all game and she has correctly said who has tried to enter the masonry and who has left. There is the potential that she is scum, but I didn't serious considered until she said that Sal tried to visit me and somehow I'm still alive. This made no sense.

My scum radar says Sal > Max > pera > CL > KB > me.

The only reason I'm not voting Sal is because a. he already has a vote, b. I wanted to put pressure on you c. I got a "can kill" result from you and haven't read Sal and d. I'm scared that I've been tunneling on Sal way too hard.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

Chaos, you are as far as I'm concerned, the only other confirmed town in the game at this point.

Who would you like to do first?

Do you want to persuade me I am wrong?

I'd like to hear Chaos too. Chaos: who would be your preference for a lynch? I'm leaning towards Sal.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

Your arrogance in assuming it's going to be me is loving stunning

It's not arrogance. I've been tunneling on you hard and I kind of want to see the flip to know if I've been wrong or not. Please stop acting like I shouldn't have a reason to not trust you despite you doing nothing but lying and hiding stuff from me all game long. Specially that I should be trusting you (liar) above those who have been straight up honest to me from day 1.

If I was you, scum or town, I would be saying: "hey, I know I've hidden stuff but I'm town because of x" or "Hey, I know I've lied and you have no reason to trust me, but please look at person x because they are scum because of y". However, you refuse to admit that you've done anything wrong and instead keep insulting me and it's not winning you any favours with me.

Can Max and Sal please give me a list of who they think is scum in order?. I have already given mine: Sal > Max > pera > CL > KB > me. I have also explained reasons why I feel this way.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

I really think some combo of Kit, KB and pera are the final scum. Clord and Max I'm voting pera. pera's weird votes and attempt to frame me by saying that "I came with intent to kill" is a blatent lie.

I watched Kit. If I was going to kill anyone why would it be Kit who is high profile?

##vote pera

If you believe my claim of gunsmith, why go for pera above Max?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

You are wrong. This is scummy as gently caress.

I can think of one reason why you would target me despite being "high profile". If I were target you tonight.. would I get "has the ability to kill" or not?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Max posted:

Thanks?

pera has barely posted much of substance in this thread. I understand she's been gabbing in your ear but from my perspective, she hasn't been present in thread or offer any real opinions on anything. I don't trust it when I see she claimed someone did a kill that didn't go through for whatever reason.

b- was pushing for sal because sal was a patsy. If she has a buddy, it's probably clord given he has exactly one major call on pera from day one where he says he thinks she is town but expects her to pick up the slack. I haven't seen that, but no comment from him.

Except that I investigated Clord and he came back with "does not have the ability to kill", whereas you do.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

I was given a 1 shot watch and used it on Kit. My result was:

You see yourself visit Kit

It's possible I was mind controlled.

This makes no sense to me if pera is scum. If pera was scum, why would she protect me instead of letting Sal kill me? I can't believe that a town Max would see pera as being scum above Sal.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

I was gifted a 1 shot watch. I have no obligation to tell anyone about. It's not an ability I had. Nat20 confirmed what I said about abilities that I had.

The "obligation" to tell is so that people begin trusting you, because:

peramene posted:

I'm sorry, I literally can't keep up anymore. Have we had a single morning since you claimed not to be able to do anything / being functionally vanilla town where you haven't claimed a new ability?

Every. Single. Morning. since you claimed, you come out with a new 1 shot ability. This is scummy as gently caress.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
For the record, I wasn't ignoring your question Sal. I was waiting to answer because I didn't want to make pera a bigger target and I don't quite understand how her role works.

However, this is how I am feeling now.

King Burgundy posted:

Ok I'm done playing this game with you.

##vote sal

##vote sal

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Sorry!

Oh well, congrats to pera for playing a good game. I'm sorry the tunnel on Sal ended up costing us the game, but by today I just wanted the game to end. I don't think I'm cut out for mafia.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Asiina posted:

I think this game was a hard lesson, but if you take it to heart then you should be fine. Trust your own reads and your own results more and don't rely so much on what others think. The last few days you had the strongest town role in the game and had successfully cleared several town and found a scum. If you had targeted pera, she would have died and scum would almost definitely have lost. I don't say it to be mean like it's your fault town lost, but just that you should have more faith in yourself because the game can be closer than you think.

Thank you (and to pod too). I think this is a very good post, and I should have clearly gone with Max first. It is a good lesson and I hope I have learnt it. It's hard to trust your own results in mafia when there is so much fuckery going about, but I should have by this point.

I do think that if we had killed Max though, pera would have killed me next and (possibly blamed Clors) and I doubt that KB had voted pera over Clord.

Ultimately though, this is a game. And games are meant to be fun. pera made me enjoy and have fun on this game. Whereas, Sal hurt my feelings and made me hate playing the game. I get that having everyone tunnel on you sucks a lot, but I think Sal should also learn that town should not lie/hide as much as he did. Had Sal been more honest from the start, this would have been a different game. I truly do apologise for going so hard on Sal though.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Asiina posted:

2) On a related note, I think that the masonry got pretty mean. Just because you think someone is scum doesn't mean you should poo poo on them. Sal did a really good job putting up with it the whole time. Should he have lied about his role? Probably not, but that's not really an excuse for saying that he deserves to lose and is awful and a bunch of really unfair and hurtful things said both there and in the thread. There's not really a place for that. Kit, you're new and I think you kinda just took on the tone of the masonry, but honestly KB I expected better from you.

We were never making GBS threads on Sal because we thought he was scum, but because we believed he was scum and was emotionally saying hurtful poo poo to us as a strategy. We were wrong, and it doesn't make our actions right, but I thought this distinction should be made.

Asiina posted:

So I know it was kind of a rough end, but I hope most people had fun. I gave everyone more or less what they asked for, and if people gave a lot of details I generally didn't alter them other than a few things. CYOR games are kinda crazy every time and that this one made it to D6 is I think a pretty good accomplishment. Despite some of the negative attitudes I thought it went pretty well.

I thought you did a great job at balancing things and giving everyone what they asked for. I'd like to thank you for modding and nod to the amazing creative roles that were in play. I did have fun, and I enjoyed getting to know everyone better. You're all great people and I hope this game didn't ruin anything for anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

I read your post Clord. I think I played terrible. But Kit constantly poo poo talked me the whole game and I had had it.

Can you please quote in which posts I talked poo poo about you in the whole game? Because I would like to know this, to ensure that I don't repeat it. The game is over, and I have apologised for hurting you since, but instead you continue saying stuff like this:

SalTheBard posted:

Like if you think I had any desire to be polite to to Kit you are out of your mind.

which is really hurtful.

• Locked thread