Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is a handicap match fair?
This poll is closed.
Yes it's fine for faces to have a numbers advantage. 4 2.94%
No it is wrong for heels to have a numbers advantage. 8 5.88%
What is the point? 46 33.82%
BECKY IS BACK ON SMACKDOWN TOMORROW! 78 57.35%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah, well, none of you are gonna be laughing when Vince cures leukemia just so he doesn't have to put the title anyone but Brock or Roman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Aren't they moving networks in like October?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I know no one wants to hear fantasy booking, but Braun really should come out at TLC dressed as the demon.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Someone's gotta fill me in on the ZZ Top stuff, I can't imagine how that'd be bad. Did they not bring the car or something?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Rarity posted:

I could be wrong but I thought it was. The multiple instances of people going 'stop being so offended' definitely was though.

It's odd that they have the heels saying this, though.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Drake should've revealed that he has a choking fetish and that wasn't piss.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CobiWann posted:

Which national anthem?

Radiohead

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

MBS probably just likes Shane

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

Is this referring to the king of the hill ZZ Top episode or did Raw have a somehow worse ZZ Top episode

Someone already asked this exact question

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah, I'm starting to think Asuka will probably win the title because Charlotte and Becky will screw each other over in the TLC match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyHzIW_s-RY

The WWE cargo cult knows how Becky got so popular but not why so they're just repeating virtually the exact same situation, it's hilarious.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Didn't someone say recently that even if Strowman's surgery went poorly they still expected him to show up and be able to squash Corbin with one arm?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

rovert posted:

https://twitter.com/AlexaBliss_WWE/status/1067842372392943617

Don't expect her back until the Royal Rumble at the very least. She does still have some troubling symptoms after her concussion(s).

Still dealing with arm numbness?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Please sign my petition to change AoP (Agonizing Over Piss) theme to that one song by The Cranberries and also have Graves yell "Holy poo poo!! PISSSSSS" for their entrance

Linger?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CobiWann posted:

So it's pretty much official? The Authors of Pain are now simply know as AoP? Or, to Vince, AoPee?

For all the things WWE does that disappoint me (business practices, writing, booking, camera work), it's the name
changes that for some reason really pisstick me off.

Adrian Neville. Big Colin Cassidy. Antonio Cesaro.

It just feels like part of the WWE's method of taking something unique and making it "theirs" as part of their "brand, not wrestlersuperstar" method.

I have no idea what WWE's reasoning is, but I will tell you that I've talked to several friends who aren't wrestling fans who think it's absolutely hilarious that so many wrestlers have fake names that are just totally normal names.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

Don’t talk to your irl friends about wrestling it’s guaranteed to make you look like a goonlord

That ship has sailed, bud

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

It's for trademarks. They can't trademark someone's actual name but they can trademark a stage name.

Right, but then they could at least give people nicknames or more interesting names. Some of these guys have stage names less interesting than their real names.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

I don’t know how you could not go by Dick Blood

Vince is keeping that one for himself

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Becky Lynch is really cool

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Its amazing how many people don't understand how the gently caress a TLC title match works. Apparently that includes Dave. He is claiming Asuka was added to take the pin.

Which would make sense if the title wasn't on the line. But it is. And every time a title was on the line, the match was contested under ladder match rules.

The point is moot anyway, obviously Rhyno is going to interfere

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I don't see how you protect both Becky and Charlotte without Asuka being the winner and I'm just not optimistic enough to expect that.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Andrast posted:

Interference

Right, but you'd expect interference to come from Ronda, and she'd want to take out both of them.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah. There are only two real feasible winners if WWE is still planning on doing Becky vs Ronda at Wrestlemania. Asuka or Charlotte. And while WWE wouldn't give a poo poo personally, I don't think putting the title back on Charlotte right now is a good idea (Charlotte already has the stigma of nepotism surrounding her, and this would only reinforce that argument). But I could see them doing it so they can justify doing "Champion vs Champion" at the Royal Rumble.

Honestly I do think it would be more interesting from a storyline perspective to have Ronda come out and cost both Becky and Charlotte the title. Both of them have humiliated her over the past month or so, and Charlotte in particular has been real vocal about "seeing" Ronda at TLC. And Becky has been mouthing off on social media, and completely humiliated her on the RAW before Survivor Series.

It would also make the Royal Rumble a bit more unpredictable if neither Becky or Charlotte held the title.

I suppose it could make sense for Asuka to win the title and then drop it to Charlotte at Wrestlemania. But I would like to see Charlotte hold the title at the Rumble, just so Becky can win the Rumble and then give us that sweet sweet swerve when she challenges Ronda instead of Charlotte.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I believe Fox said they don't want to cross-promote anyone who appears on Raw, right?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Which one of you is Dave??

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1068569770570608640

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

They were heels at the time and drat good ones too. woods magic missiling the trombone onto one of the lucha dragons at ‘15 TLC was so great

I just saw a clip of this during the New Day episode of Ride Along, he loving nails that throw.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Putting Charlotte and Asuka in the TLC match renders a lot of MMC moot, doesn't it?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Asuka should cut a promo in "Japanese," then have Nakamura come out and claim she wasn't speaking Japanese, and never explain it.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Finn vs Drew and Elias vs Lashley at TLC

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Phenix Rising posted:

I hate this one more than probably any other face swap. Dean Rollins reminds me of someone I can't place and it's really bugging me.

It's Russell Crowe and Adam from Man vs Food

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

If it airs after TLC then it potentially suggests Lynch retains

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I'm very fond of Becky's recent-ish interviews where they're clearly trying to interview her out of character and she absolutely refuses

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Idk why people find his statement to be so unusual or surprising, it's exact same kind of poo poo every athlete says when their coach is criticized.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Why are y'all in the WWE thread if you don't watch WWE

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Onmi posted:

I like to keep up with what's going on. I don't need to spend an untold number of hours watching garbage to do that.

Some would argue that's exactly what you're doing

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

VJeff posted:

Because I'm Addicted To Posting.

This is the truth tho

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

True, he's read your posts

Things I'm addicted to:
1. Posting
2. People getting my jokes

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CobiWann posted:

Oh, is it already time for this again?

My brain often doesn't work but I don't recall ever having this discussion before

DoctorGonzo posted:

The formula one thread

Now THATS comedy

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I just started typing the word "people" on my phone and the top two autocorrect suggestions were "Becky" and "Charlotte," so I'm thinking about maybe getting way into hockey for awhile.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

Also saying that, would this company dare give that gimmick to someone as adorable as Kairi Sane?

Piracy isn't good!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Her entrance music could be the dialup noise