Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is a handicap match fair?
This poll is closed.
Yes it's fine for faces to have a numbers advantage. 4 2.94%
No it is wrong for heels to have a numbers advantage. 8 5.88%
What is the point? 46 33.82%
BECKY IS BACK ON SMACKDOWN TOMORROW! 78 57.35%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sweet merciful christ, that Raw reads like a parody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Kimoa Kid posted:

It's odd that they have the heels saying this, though.

They once had Corey Graves, as a heel announcer, call Sami Zayn a Social Justice Warrior. Sami was the babyface in this scenario, because he was standing up to Steph, but, well, they make Sami look like a helpless idiot, so, draw your own conclusions.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ChrisBTY posted:

Has WWE released anybody lately?
Other than discipline/publicity issues or people requesting their releases?

I feel like the last crop was like, Emma, Darren Young and Summer Rae?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Raskolnikov38 posted:

jericho could make half of each episode of tuesday night dynamite a fozzy concert and it'd still be better than RAW

Barely, but, yes.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JesusIsTehCool posted:

I know it got a lot of deserved hate already, but the Bobby Roode getting his robe pissed on wasn't just bad because it was a piss joke which required the baby faces look super dumb while staring at a screen for a good 15 seconds in the middle of their match, it is also awful because it was such a missed opportunity to do some decent story telling. Like Drake Maverick running around the ring in the over-sized robe antagonizing Roode could have be a perfect way to plant some seeds for Roode's eventual heel turn and destruction of the tag team. Roode, allowing his vanity to get the better of him, is furious that some rear end in a top hat is parading around in his robe (something I actually love a heel manager doing), leaves his corner to take care of it. Gable goes to tag him in and hes not there, they lose the match because Roode cared more about being glorious than wrestling, costing them the match and planting the seeds for Gable's legit resentment towards Roode.

Please don't fall down the "this could've been really good if they'd done this small logical thing differently" hole, you will only hurt yourself. :(

(I agree though that would've been great)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Apparently if you're hot in NXT (or in any other promotion) people are always talking about you to Vince and Vince resents it so he'll bury you just so people will stop talking about you.

This explains why the call-ups that have done the best are people who were nobodies in NXT like Corbin, Bliss and Elias. Obviously doesn't hurt that Corbin is tall and Bliss is blond.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jerusalem posted:

I really, really, really hope it main events the show.

lmao AJ still can't main event for the WWE Championship.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

keevo posted:

Am I the only person who thought Drake's Maverick peeing himself was funny?

(i'd like to put on the record that i am not vince mcmahon)

Vince McMahon parachute account spotted.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think FOX has already made it clear they want Rousey, but I dunno, they might just shift her for no good reason in October.

Or she may become a Free Agent like Cena.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

sportsgenius86 posted:

They'll start blending the shows around Mania build in 2020 and by the time Mania is over, there will be no brand split.

Nah, Fox wants a brand split.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

Nakamura has outright said he doesn't understand her in Japanese some of the time, due to her dialect (Osakan). I remember it being brought up on an episode of UUDD. I think the best comparison to make is that her Osakan accent is basically the Japanese version of a deep south accent. It's incredibly strong.

lol Nakamura with his thick-rear end Kyoto drawl saying he can't understand someone else. :allears:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JesusIsTehCool posted:

Asuka squashing jobber after jobber is not exciting to me, I have never really been a fan of that type of baby face, but I guess to each their own.

I just can't imagine Becky running a really good program with Asuka, like how does Becky offer sick burns to someone who can't set her up or offer any kind of response? I would rather see more Charlotte and Becky again than Asuka and Becky but would prefer Becky vs some other heel, maybe do a story line where Mandy steals the chance from Sonya for a title shot, tries to get Sonya to help her cheat against Becky, she refuses, Becky wins and shakes Sonya's hand cementing her as an over baby face and setting up a Mandy vs Sonya feud. Meanwhile Charlotte wins the Royal Rumble and gets BOTH women to defend their titles at the main event of Wrestlemania, if Charlotte pins someone she gets their title, otherwise they retain.

None of that will happen, just don't really see the enjoyment in an Auska vs Becky feud I guess, so confused as why people actually want that, unless Becky, the woman who loves being the champ and raising her belt high just decides the belt is no longer important and just doesn't want a rematch... which would seem strange to me from a story perspective.

Hey, big fan of the show, but can you stop doing so many camera cuts? Thanks.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Joe did get called up the night after the Rumble. He may be the only one?

Spiderdrake posted:

This is weird to realize but Black could... Actually do well with Ziggler? Dolph getting increasingly upset and freaked out while Black remains calm and collected, ultimately ending with him repeatedly getting kicked in the face, sounds fine.

Anyway as long as we don't get some weird ball kicking / cucking storyline with his wife and Cien it can't be the worst.

This is what they should've done with Nakamura but instead when the match came, Nakamura just sold forever and his aura was pretty much gone from his first match. WWE only books one kind of match and it's not a kind of match that'd play to Black's strengths.

Frankly, I don't know whose strengths it plays to.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/...dlvr.it.organic

Feels like every day we get another WWE wrestler getting super defensive about how crappy the company they work for is.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
He knows Tanahashi is winning on January 4th and wants nothing to do with that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Just letting you know right now, the website is calling all of you dumb shits.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't really fault Xavier for being frustrated, I think right now it's probably a very frustrating time to work for WWE. Company's getting lots of bad press and the top brass is getting money hand over fist for it, but you're not seeing any of it. You don't see the Saudi money or the TV money but you still have to deal with people saying your match sucked or your storyline sucks when you're just trying your hardest to turn the garbage you're handed into into something salvageable.

And he makes a point that if you hate the company, you can watch other poo poo. I stopped watching WWE and I enjoy wrestling way more as a result. I don't think it's cool to turn it out on the fans, but, Xavier's like, the last guy I'd think of as a cop WWE bootlicker kiss-rear end, so, whatever. He's allowed to be frustrated.

shiksa posted:

fans should just overlook how fallout 76 is a buggy mess that no one asked for, because it's fallout.

lmao I don't play fallout but the people going out of their way to stan for that buggy piece of garbage with all their "heh....GAMERS..." takes has been absolutely embarrassing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Why are y'all in the WWE thread if you don't watch WWE

Because I'm Addicted To Posting.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Kimoa Kid posted:

This is the truth tho

It's like the emote says :justpost: