Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pope Guilty posted:

Let's do the shorter one first.

Typical NEET you would say that.

I vote shorter also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I cant believe we are 26 pages deep on SA and gently caress all has happened apart from the NEET was a shut in and stuffed his face. Anyway, thanks OP loving this.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Thread dead, so what?

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Threads dead, baby, threads dead.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If someone wants to pay for me to learn Japanese I could probably read the comic and give you a good run down well before Mr Steak posts again.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The thread, it's alive! Thanks for the updates Mr S.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Thanks for the update OP, I'll sleep peacefully now after my pre-bed forum check.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What have I woken up to?! Thanks for the update but :ohdear:

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Find out next year if Tohru kills his parents on the next episode of The Daily Life of a Certain NEET.

Thanks for the updates mr steak!

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mr. Steak posted:

this is not going to end how y'all want it to.

never forget: you chose this path. you did this!

Tohru and dad aren't going to spit roast the poo poo out of mum? Welp, that's me out.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Legit worried that OP is going to move on with his life before this is finished and if he does I'm going to hunt him down and murder him claiming it was :neet:

Mostly posting for the new emote, nice one!

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mr. Steak posted:

i entertained y'all with many updates during my day off, so now entertain me at work with your shitposts :v:
:justpost:

Thanks for all the updates. Thought you were going to turn into the actual NEET and leave us blue balled. How far are we into the story so far?

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mr. Steak posted:

The scene is definitely an exaggeration, but irl Japanese culture/history is MEGA steeped in suicide.

They even have a whole forest dedicated to their love for suicide. Quite sad really.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
To be honest I am not going to bother trying to guess where this goes, so far my ideas have been nothing close to reality so at this point I am along for the crazy Japanese ride and I have some idea how crazy Japanese rides can be.

Could OP hire a translator so that when he dies before this is finished there's someone else to carry the torch? (nvm I'll also be dead so it doesn't matter)

A_Account fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Aug 11, 2019

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I feel like I'm playing baseball with all these curve balls coming my way.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
He's no longer NEET, this fucker is actually doing better than me right now...apart from the prison bit.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mr. Steak posted:

this is my favorite manga series and i will literally be your friend if you talk to me about it lol.

Bookmarked it for when I am on pc and can download/read it or whatever else I've gotta do. The synopsis sounds interesting as hell and the art is amazing.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mr. Steak posted:

rip thread. just gas it. save me

Gonna gas you soon. Every day you dont post is another day I add 1m of pipe to the carbon monoxide line I'm going to vent into your house. I'm not going to tell you how far away I am.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Foul Ole Ron posted:

What in the gently caress is that avatar..

You looked...that's two dead arms for you.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

klapman posted:

Do half the people in this thread have abandonment issues or something? I really hate this weird rear end LP forum culture where you apparently have to scream for attention like a 5 year old whenever you don't get what you want right this second

I mean yeah it's all a joke but have you seen how successful we are when we rip the poo poo out of OP for being a lazy gently caress? I'm pretty sure half of these comics have been done down to the sheer abuse Mr Steak is getting. We're slave driving here.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Tohru is such a little bitch, the longer this goes on the more I am starting to hate him. Kill yourself Tohru.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What exactly is a gang tag? I'd be up for buying one if it contributes towards taxman's back costs.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shinmera posted:

It's those rectangular images you see under some people's avatars. As far as I understand only admins can add new gang tags, but once one is in people can freely add it to their profiles by buying a new avatar and putting the image into the avatar text.

Hmm, does it show up on mobile? Dont think I've seen any but maybe I have, not really sure what I am looking for.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm kinda glad we didn't have to spend ages reading about neets mundane life in prison. Now he can finally go on his murdering spree.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hyped for what comes next, thanks for all the updates Steak, now get back to translating more ya bitch!

He's just going to gorge on natto isn't he?

30 years...the computers are going to be so much more advanced! Hes going to become hikikomori, yes please.

A_Account fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Sep 14, 2019

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Are you seriously leaving us hanging for a week Steak? gently caress you, voted 1.

As someone already said, why am I feeling sorry for Tohru at all? 60+ pages in and I guess you're going to start getting invested in the main character.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mr. Steak posted:

fyi, the "murdereh" line was not that weird in the original, it just highlighted his accent while he said murderer. but since that guy's gimmick was looking korean but having a kansai accent, which is just... not funny to a western audience, i went with the "ambiguous/changing nationality" gag like w the "is he australian?" lol anyway yeah.

tl;dr: im localizer scum and you're forced to deal with me converting yen to dollars every time

How long did it take you to learn Japanese to that level? I'm guessing you're not a native speaker.

It's nice to see some nuance translated to the comics although I don't think I would have seen it without the explanation.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I see a lot of talking and not much translating. Get to it bitch.

Like every language there's the speaking side of it and the writing/reading so you wouldn't be able to hold a conversation in Japanese?

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I woke up at 6am just to get in my daily dose of a certain NEET and this is how I am rewarded Steak?! Oh what a cruel world we live in.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Holy updates Batman! This put me in a better mood ready for my physics test, thanks Steak.

Now get back to work.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm so hungover it took me a few panels to remember it reads right to left.

I cant believe I'm feeling sorry for a pencil drawing.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Who knew getting your parents to murder themselves could be so profitable?

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mr. Steak posted:

i had to reteach myself how to do long division

Just retaught dividing quadratics using long division yesterday, makes me feel ancient. Handy to have but why didn't you just use a calculator?

A_Account fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Oct 9, 2019

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Delete

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mr. Steak posted:

cuz i had to write out long division in the update, dumbass

I read the long division and all, my mind and maths aren't working at full capacity at the moment. Sorry.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mr. Steak posted:

the next couple dozen updates need sooooo much translation and handwriting work 💀💀💀💀

You're saying this like it's our problem..?

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mr. Steak posted:

so @ anyone who's not just trolling, ya silly

It's gotten to the point where I can't poo poo without a few panels to read. I'm really backed up here, help a brother out.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Skipped a bit of discussion but I think it's best to keep in one thread and go back rather than multiple ones although youd definitely get a few 5 star threads under your name so it's your call. Tbh you cant update one thread fast enough for us so why stretch yourself?

I'm saying all this because I want more neet easily accessible in one place so get back to work and stop distracting us with questions.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I can foresee housing problems because of his conviction although smart NEET for going into the country. Farmer arc incoming I hope.

Mr. Steak posted:

thank you! this apology is what i've been waiting for and now i will post a ton of updates!!

Sorry for the stick I give. It's only because I appreciate your work and so I'm invested in the comic. First and last time I'm going to lay my whippy stick down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Parts of Earth :banjo: