Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

fletcher posted:

Glad to hear she is doing ok!!!

My last days off were to go to Scotland before Thanksgiving to visit the gf, she goes to school there. Came back home on Thanksgiving to be with the fam. Plane was empty on the way home which was nice, I got to lay across a whole row of seats.

Ah yes the gently caress the planet configuration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I banked too many vacation hours and I wouldn't earn any on the next paycheck so I took a day off to get rid of unopened boxes from the move.

Also played a lil Red Dead.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
My last scheduled day off was for Red Dead 2. Had the apt to myself and got up at midnight and had a chill day as a cowpoke

Last sick day was last year some time. I have super terrible dust allergies. And I woke up that morning with the room spinning and a massive migraine. Didnt have work til 2pm and spent from about 8am that day trying to get put of bed and just physically couldn't. I can normally work through a migraine, it's just sore and I talk kind of weirdly because I get distracted by the pain but that day was awful.
Its only the second time I've even been so sick I couldn't walk too so it was a but distressing (the other time I had swine flu and had like 1 hour of consciousness a day for about 4 days)

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Shoehead posted:

Its only the second time I've even been so sick I couldn't walk too so it was a but distressing (the other time I had swine flu and had like 1 hour of consciousness a day for about 4 days)
I had swine flu too. I got it at PAX and that was the sickest I had ever been so far. It was absolutely awful. My boyfriend at the time thought I was faking it and didn’t take care of me :( I was also broke as hell with no health insurance. Urgh what a terrible time.
Glad we both didn’t die!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

remigious posted:

I had swine flu too. I got it at PAX and that was the sickest I had ever been so far. It was absolutely awful. My boyfriend at the time thought I was faking it and didn’t take care of me :( I was also broke as hell with no health insurance. Urgh what a terrible time.
Glad we both didn’t die!

Thinking back on it it's probably the closest to death I've ever been. Not to be too dramatic but I was incredibly underweight and it hit me HARD! No one looked after me really, they just left me in my room and tried not to catch it.

My gf, my best friend and his mom all got it on the same day. I think about 9 years ago now.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

500 good dogs posted:

imagine if it were duster just lmao

Brother can you spare a minivan

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
I had an anxiety attack and couldn't sleep all night. I didn't want to take xanax because it was late, like 2am and I had to get up and drive at 6am.
Come 5am and still no sleep I pick up the phone and tell my work support line that I didn't get any sleep last night and I will be taking the day off.
They thank me and wish me well.

5 minutes later I get a group text offering out my shift to all off duty employees.
The shift gets filled instantly. Regular pay + €60 overtime bonus.

When I return the next day my boss formally reviews me and asks if I need referral to occupational health. I decline.

I get paid in full for my sick day.

:smug: Thanks EU.

The Real Amethyst fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Dec 1, 2018

titty fat pizza
Jan 1, 2013
Alcoholism

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Dec 1, 2018

red sampson
Oct 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I was driving down the road and got t-boned by a truck that lost it's brakes. So I am told.

Woke up in the hospital a few days later? My wrist was shattered in like 3 places and they had to cut the door off the car to get me out.

Got fired for missing 3 days in a row. Right to work states are the best.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I don't work Sundays

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Retirement seminar. Good to know I'm keeping my health benefits along with my pension & FAT 457 plan. Feels good man!

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

I quit because the company got sold and I'd met the new management enough to know they suck and didn't want to spend a whole day in meetings with our new CTO who says things like "what if we made our desktop app a dependency of our server app?"

That's not an exaggeration or joke, by the way. He literally said exactly that but for swapping in the names of the products.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Unscheduled? I was sick and didn't see the point in infecting the people I work with because I kind of like them.

Scheduled? The Monday after Thanksgiving, because I had traveled back and knew I'd want to sleep in and get a few chores done.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

If i go in a few mins early 9 days a fortnight i rack up enough hours that i get a day off. :)

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I felt nauseous and was concerned that if I threw up on a client during a massage they would either be disgusted or think it's a new health trend and demand it every time.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

recently - e coli

luckily the first day was a friday and i was able to wade out three days of feverish vomiting and the squirts at home. the next 5 days where i was making GBS threads every hour weren't fun, but i went to work anyways

i finally stopped having the trots last week.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
update the hypothetical days off i mentioned earlier itt have been confirmed

:smith:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i took a friday off in june to play skyrim and make cannibutter.

it was magical and i definitely thought i gave myself schizophrenia at 3 am when i couldnt stop being high

sandwiches_and_ham
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it was because i wanted to watch the miami vice episode called "florence italy".

Set around the Miami Grand Prix, the episode starts out with a young 17 year old hooker called "Florence Italy", being picked up by one of the racers in the Grand Prix, he then races around Miami attracting the attention of Crockett and Tubbs, a chase ensues where the Porsche 906 Carrera eventually escapes Crockett and Tubbs because the young hooker had been thrown out of the passenger seat at speed and killed. The Vice cops follow up on the car and find it belongs to a Danny Tepper, Crockett and Tubbs track down Danny and question him, they feel he is telling the truth when he says that he didn't do it and hasn't been near his car for days. Castillo sends Crockett and Tubbs undercover as potential sponsors in the race to find out who did murder Florence, after sweeps around they begin to suspect Danny's father Frank, while sweeping the street that Florence got into the car, Rico comes across a diner that has a security CCTV system, Tubbs gets the tapes from the night Florence was last seen alive and it is seen on there, that Frank was the one driving the car and then go to arrest him. After winning the Grand Prix, Frank pulls in his car to see that several police officers are moving in on him, so he drives off and makes another chase, but after several twists and turns, his luck runs out and he crashes the car into a wall.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I had Shingles and my pharmacy was being bad so I took off to make sure I got my antivirals before the shingles got to month-of-pain level

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

I got food poisoning from being bad at cooking. I went in to work anyway and lasted until about 11 am and told them I'm going home. Threw up on the bus on my way home and had to walk to my apt covered in puke

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
a job interview :keke:

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

I said I was sick BUT I WASN'T :getin:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

recently - e coli

luckily the first day was a friday and i was able to wade out three days of feverish vomiting and the squirts at home. the next 5 days where i was making GBS threads every hour weren't fun, but i went to work anyways

i finally stopped having the trots last week.

Congratulations on your 5 workdays of making GBS threads in the clock hourly

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol if that is not your ordinary work day

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Week before Halloween I had family coming from out of state and I procrastinated too long in giving the house a good scrub down, so I pretended I had to pick them up from the airport and stayed home desperately cleaning instead.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
poo poo my pants pretty dece yesterday. I'm not talking about a wet fart, I'm talking a full on explosive diarrhea shart. Needless to say I am still not confident in my farts, which are happening frequently and usually accompanied with poop. Tomorrow i am taking the day off.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Universe Master posted:

I was too hung over...er "sick" to go in.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Like literally polished off a bottle of Jameson’s on the Sunday after Thanksgiving and then woke up completely hosed up with headaches and pains

So yeah called in sick

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

got bit by a horse, which sucked

My ex boyfriend got bit by a horse on his chest when he was a child and had a big scar from it and now he's terrified of horses

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

Retirement seminar. Good to know I'm keeping my health benefits along with my pension & FAT 457 plan. Feels good man!

Forgot to mention that was a day off with pay. Just want to be clear.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I just couldn’t be hosed getting out of bed

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I took a Monday off after a triathlon. I literally shuffled around the house like some kind of reanimated corpse.

That, and Thanksgiving.

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit
I didn't get a raise after being told I didn't act professional enough in the office, despite appearing professional to customers. I just kept coming in late and calling off until they fired me.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
My hometown had a shooting then promptly lit on fire, with another ring of fire enclosing it.

My boss basically went "lol go take as much time off as you need"

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Have "use it or lose it" vacation time.

Had to burn about nine days since the middle of October to get the number down to the maximum that can be carried over.

It's an idiotic policy.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

PainterofCrap posted:

Have "use it or lose it" vacation time.

Had to burn about nine days since the middle of October to get the number down to the maximum that can be carried over.

It's an idiotic policy.

I get both sides, like on one hand there is the mad rush at the end of the year at my company to burn off PTO, on the other hand my partner literally has months of accrued PTO going back years so that seems like poo poo too.

More companies should probably just buy back PTO at the end of the year.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Three Olives posted:

I get both sides, like on one hand there is the mad rush at the end of the year at my company to burn off PTO, on the other hand my partner literally has months of accrued PTO going back years so that seems like poo poo too.

More companies should probably just buy back PTO at the end of the year.

wow! your partner should take you on a long vacation somewhere with no internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
i just didnt want to go to work maybe a week ago , I was kinda tired but there was no better reason. I told my manager (who is halfway across the country at another shop permanently) that I had a "migraine". I figured it was a new excuse ive heard others give before so there it is. played some bf5 i think

i have 245 hours of PTO i better get crackin. I put in time off for 2 weeks around christmas and with all the vacation days that were freebies anyway I still have like 200 hours left lol. i passed my 5 year mark last month im thinking about leaving the company anyways, probably not gonna use all of it and just take the fat vacation check

• Locked thread