Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

CommonShore posted:

If when current MMA news is slow you'll give me the option between this thread being 1) discussion of funny or awesome UFC poo poo from days gone by or 2) whining about how UFC and posts aren't good anymore, I'll slam (1) so fast that my dick somehow gets caught in it.

This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Chael Sonnen saying "Fuckin' Wanderlei", in the distracted manner of a guy whose doorbell rings the second he sits down for a dump, occurs to me at random to this day.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Boco_T posted:

My brain is telling me Wes Sims was involved in a pec-biting incident in a fight

Mike Kyle bit him

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Disgusting Coward posted:

Chael Sonnen saying "Fuckin' Wanderlei", in the distracted manner of a guy whose doorbell rings the second he sits down for a dump, occurs to me at random to this day.

Same but instead that black and white video of Wanderlei threatening Chael in the back of a cab wearing a dumb rear end hat while heavy metal guitar riffs play in the background.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Bluedeanie posted:

me watching some kind of weird sweaty vampire who drinks blood in tiny lil sips from soda bottle caps and like a racist muppet who doesnt know how to read torment a simple dipshit with a lovely childhood and substance abuse problems to the point of a breakdown: hmm, its right what they did, and I am a better person for it

The simple dipshit was a loving rear end in a top hat who did everything he did to get under everyone else's skin and talked the biggest poo poo possible to cover up his own insecurities

Chris Leben is just an rear end in a top hat. It doesn't make what the other dudes did right but acting like it came out of nowhere and he never provoked anyone is dumb as poo poo. One of the first things you see from him is him just goading swick over and over about how swick lost to him. It's what he did. Someone finally swung back at his weak point and now he's the victim. Same with when he loses his fight with Koscheck, whose name I can't spell, he immediately just cries about how unfair it is and how that wasn't a real fight because it was spent wrestling. Dude has mad issues but instead of dealing with them he takes them out on everyone else and then can't handle when they swing back.

That doesn't make you a pitiful victim.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 4, 2018

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
My favorite thing about the Wanderlei vs. Sonnen Brazil TUF season is that Chael was totally prepared to be the heel the entire season, and in fact tells Wanderlei off camera that he is doing this and Wandy should be a babyface, and then Wandy decides to gang harass Chael anyways and be a lovely coach and Chael goes down looking better to Brazilian fans than Wanderlei does.

edit: and then both guys popped before their fight I think :getin:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

That's all true but on the other hand

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I like when dida punched chael in the back of the head

Nothing But Hate
Oct 7, 2006
When night falls, she covers the world, in impenetrable darkness

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

Almost the entire TUF 1 class went on to varying degrees of MMA fame after the show ended (and they all show up for the TUF 1 finale) but make sure to read this article detailing what happened with Jason "Strange Brew" Thacker after the show was over. https://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/24/8259545/in-search-of-strange-brew

Thanks for posting that, it was a great read albeit depressing as gently caress.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Bluedeanie posted:

Koschek didn't piss on a guys bed for shits and gigs

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
That video of Silva dumping on Leben is less funny knowing it's Silva's debut and not just Leben mysteriously thinking he can clown on Silva

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Bluedeanie posted:

I love watching Kos get hosed up.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It really is one of life's little pleasures.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

TheKingslayer posted:

I love watching Kos get hosed up.

The gently caress is even going on in that first one, why is he squatting with his face in prime Duff me one position

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The gently caress is even going on in that first one, why is he squatting with his face in prime Duff me one position

Tyron had already clobbered him with a right hand just before that.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

He was squatting to pee on Tyron Woodleys pillow, pretty weird of you to assume he would never do that btw

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

If anyone wants to buy a message from Chris Leben to Dickeye, it's only $20.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Power of Pecota posted:

If anyone wants to buy a message from Chris Leben to Dickeye, it's only $20.

I'll drive to your house and kick you in the nuts if you do this

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

So who are people picking in the two title fights this weekend?

I'm a bit up in the air on Max vs Ortega. But I'm pretty confident Valentina is gonna take it to Joanna.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Max and Joanna.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'm leaning towards Max too when I run it through my head. I think he'll touch Ortega up on the feet and not dive in on the guy to get his neck wrapped up.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Max seems way too smart to jump on a grounded Ortega unless it is a certainty that Ortega won't throw up a sub. If I remember right, he let Aldo up a few times because he wanted to batter him more before going for the finish.

I think Valentina beats Joanna Challenger back into being Joanna Top Fiver.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
It makes me sad to hear everybody making GBS threads on Wes Sims.

He was (i think) the first dude to win via powerbomb In a MMA match!

He stomped the poo poo out of Murrr.

He was funny and cool, almost a cult fighter!

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Tyron executing Koscheck like that was the best thing he ever did

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I'll drive to your house and kick you in the nuts if you do this

Can we toxx this? I've got $20 to burn.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Didn't Chael claim to have literally bought a story from Leben? Like a hosed up story from his life so Chael could tell it as his own?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Yeah it was about his family being so poor they ate a deer they ran over and got like Resident Evil 4 style parasites or some poo poo

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Leben was for sure a dickwad, but he was a very entertaining dickwad.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Ortega v Holloway is such a great loving fight. I have some betting funbux but I can’t use it on this one.

BaggySteve
Dec 4, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Holloway is going to gently caress him up

BaggySteve
Dec 4, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I just dont think ortegas striking is very good, he is juiced to the gills though.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

As much as I wanna float Chris Leben a Jackson, I am drunk with power at the realization that for a mere $40 I can make Tito Ortiz speak whatever words I want.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

As much as I wanna float Chris Leben a Jackson, I am drunk with power at the realization that for a mere $40 I can make Tito Ortiz speak whatever words I want.

you can make Tito Ortiz attempt to speak whatever words you want

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Aye Doc posted:

you can make Tito Ortiz attempt to speak whatever words you want

This is true. The loving guy can barely speak the words he wants to.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

BaggySteve posted:

I just dont think ortegas striking is very good, he is juiced to the gills though.

His striking is not on the level of Holloway but give Ortega a break - when he got popped he was coming from straight jiu-jitsu and everyone is on gear there.

Edit - *everyone* is obviously hyperbole.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Dec 5, 2018

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I watched it drunk. But I think Swanson would have pushed Ortega's poo poo in if he hadn't tried to get in close.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
ortega wins handily after getting tagged a few times then loses his first title defense. Max has the wear on his tires of a guy five years older and he is about to fall off of a very sad cliff.

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Dec 5, 2018

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

TheTofuShop posted:

Jean-Charles just demolishing those guys never gets old.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4tu6zu

I had forgotten about Danaher being on the show too, he still has hair!

Didn't he show up on the second day with one of those huge cups of booze you can buy in Vegas? He showed up drunk and still effortlessly beat the poo poo out of everyone.

There's a similar video from when Tristar brought in some little thai bloke to help GSP prepare for Condit. There's a long speech from the coaches to the effect of 'do not loving give this guy a reason to hit you hard'

Zzulu posted:

I feel like there used to be more good Brazilians

They used to do really well in the UFC

Is it because of USADA?

The first wave of big stars get super old, and no one picked up the slack.

1st AD posted:

My favorite thing about the Wanderlei vs. Sonnen Brazil TUF season is that Chael was totally prepared to be the heel the entire season, and in fact tells Wanderlei off camera that he is doing this and Wandy should be a babyface, and then Wandy decides to gang harass Chael anyways and be a lovely coach and Chael goes down looking better to Brazilian fans than Wanderlei does.

edit: and then both guys popped before their fight I think :getin:

In a steroid situation involving Wanderlei, Sonnen and Vitor Belfort, Belfort somehow came out looking bestleast guilty. I'm pretty sure that was when Chael popped for HGH, placing him in a very select group.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Ortega-Holloway must be the most on-paper violence hype title fight ever - undefeated guy with a 7-fight finishing streak vs an aggressive champ on a 12-fight 9-finish tear. I can't think of one that compares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm hoping for a barn burner. Looks like a killer card.

Probably get derailed at the 11th hour lol.