Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Seems like the Long Kiss Goodnight but without any of the character or charm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Despite it being basically confirmed that we're also getting Avengers and Spider-Man trailers this week the one I'm most interested in is the Crystal Dynamics game they're supposed to be revealing properly at the Game Awards.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Is that the Avengers game they announced years ago?

Yeah, the one with the girl narrating about how the Avengers have been gone and some such.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Owned.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Chickenwalker posted:

Man that rules and blows at the same time. What adult has a dang Switch.

Comic book genius.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

"This is the fight of our lives."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA6hldpSTF8

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Dec 7, 2018

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

It's basically just the first twenty seconds of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDSxmsDuxjs

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/ryanpwright/status/1071075480537915392?s=21

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

That guy looks weirder than Cavill with his fake lower half of his face.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Marvel are so hideously patronising, lol.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Aquaman has more slow motion in it's first half than any six other movies you could name.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jan 4, 2019

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Open Marriage Night posted:

Yeah! How dare they let Green Lantern be their second best selling title!

Arguing that because something sells it's good is such a stupid thing to do on it's own, but it's particularly dumb when talking about the last twenty years of comic books.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

"Grunge is a good look for you," is a really funny life if it's a jab at the film's stylist.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Think about the Burger King Super Cup they could have made with that sort of brand synergy.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

They're modern day superhero movies, they're going to be pretty alike.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Fangz posted:

Warner Bros is the one with the cosy relationship with the US Army. The MCU famously lost their relationship with the Pentagon for showing the army nuking New York during the Avengers.

This is not true, Marvel have continued to work with various branches of the US military while developing their films.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I can accept that in world of Norse Gods, talking Trees and sassy robots, the military and cops are not the giant pieces of poo poo they are in real life.

Too bad not a lot of people can make a distinction between fantasy cops and real one's

There aren’t a lot of sassy robots and talking trees that really exist and murder scores of people, so that’s probably why people are suspicious of the cops being portrayed as a net positive.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

The average poster on this forum is a forty year old white dude with a Superman bedspread and a collection of WWE posters. None of you are even ‘at parties’.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

The machine’s got to feed.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Also, Stark’s dead as poo poo.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Scarlett Johanssen would do psylocke justice.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

The movie’s not really propaganda for the USAF, but it’s definitey at least revisionist, it’s more ‘lie by omission’, like the Iron Man movies than the full-throated support.

Good action scenes though.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

On the whole I think Marvel movies are a lot like those torn from the headlines Law and Order episodes where everyone stumbles around for a bit going, "I guess this is bad" and then someone else shrugs and goes, "I don't know, might be good" and then the episode just kind of ends without going anywhere.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

site posted:

Seriously? Man they shoulda capitalized on that, what a waste

Jiu-Jitsu doesn't really translate great into most movie action scenes, fanciful stuff like John Wick not included.

Having a black belt makes sense though, given his history of cuddling.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Starting in the middle of the first action scene would have been a terrible idea.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Dreadful news.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

It’s not news. It was news like 8 months ago.

lol why would you be pedantic and also wrong, of course a deal being closed is news.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Marvel movie with the best action scenes is Iron Man 3, by the way.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

X-O posted:

I realize there's really only two people pushing it but holy poo poo is the Snyder chat insufferable. Kind of like his last two movies.

Seems pretty easy to ignore.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Away all Goats posted:

My problem with Age of Ultron (other than the fact that the 'age' lasts about a week) is that he never once seriously threatens the heroes. He gloats that he wanted all the heroes together vs all his drones and 60 seconds later he's getting his face melted off by less than half the team.

I remember being hyped when they released this promo art showing an endless tide of robots ready to swallow up the team

Instead the Ultron army looks like this.

This is the MCU's failings in a nutshell, really.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Dafoe's Osborn is one of the best comic book movie performances ever.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Bruceski posted:

Winter Soldier definitely uses some of the imagery of political thrillers, but I don't think it can be called one in the same way that Ant-Man is a comedic heist movie and the like.

I think if you actually compared Ant-Man to a real deal heist film it wouldn't be all that similar either.

Most of the Marvel movies that people hail as branching out into other genres are just the regular Marvel movies with some aesthetic references around the edges.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Mar 30, 2019

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Even if all that stuff is accurate, it doesn’t sound that meaningfully different from what ended up coming out.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Nodosaur posted:

Maybe in terms of actual screen time and others numbers, but what they ultimately worked towards in the long run was far more worthwhile in the end.

Not to mention what you ultimately do with that time can still say a lot.

I don’t know why you’re willing to die on a hill this baseless.

There’s nothing there, even if true, that would mean what they ‘ultimately worked toward’ (who cares when talking about Antman) would be different.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Age of Ultron is kind of fascinating to me, because by comparison, it's probably easier to sit through than something like Iron Man 2, even as loathsome as it is, but it's unquestionably a worse film.

With Iron Man 2 or Thor: The Dark World, or whatever else ones people generally don't like you can at least see what they were getting at, or what happened behind the scenes or whatever reason you want to accept as to why they didn't 'measure up', but Ultron is just spectacularly bad.

In almost every facet it's completely ill-made.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

YaketySass posted:

Spider-Verse and?

Spider-Man.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

Remember when Tobey's Spider-Man implied someone was gay and used that as an insult?

Spider-Man is cancelled.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

The Dave posted:

Lol at the CineD goons that think this movie is going to perform worse than any past Marvel movie.

Who is saying this?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I’m a little skeptical about King of Monsters, because of the director change, but it still looks way more interesting than Endgame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

SlimGoodbody posted:

Maybe with the director change we'll actually see Godzilla in his own movie for more than 5 minutes, or maybe the director wouldn't kill off the most interesting human character in the film in order to then focus on the human equivalent of paste

Thanks for the memes as criticism, ‘Superman beats retarded Bizzaro to death’ guy.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I still haven't seen it but Godzilla 2014 is crazy polarizing. Everyone I've talked to has either hated it or loved it.

A lot of people’s interaction with the film was limited to seeing a YouTube thumbnail from CinemaSins.