Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Smiling Mandrill posted:

ND is only in the ACC in basketball football is an independent because they are cowards.

indeed

the way it works out now they're merely a quasi-acc football team

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1069286769353531394

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

LeeMajors posted:

McMansion and Seadoo lifestyle.

:laffo:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

my god clemson didn't play anyone this year

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Clemson to Dallas you say?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

my god clemson didn't play anyone this year

They really didn’t, and I’m surprised so many people think they’re gonna easily beat Notre Dame.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Mahoning posted:

It’s so hilarious hearing the grown men argue over the meaning of the word “best”.

I mean, the more you think about it, the more meaningless it becomes.

As with all things Southern and conservative, the argument quickly devolves into parsing words to defend evil.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Mahoning posted:

They really didn’t, and I’m surprised so many people think they’re gonna easily beat Notre Dame.

Bc aside from Michigan, ND didnt play anyone either.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Tulane vs ULL in the Cure Bowl. This is about the lamest combination of opponent and location possible for Tulane's bowl. Guess I won't be going.

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

Holy poo poo this is the worst format ever and is designed literally solely for the purpose of having talking heads yell at each other for an hour over which 4 teams and in what order they should have been selected, with it finally ending with them all stroking off the CFP committee and how great these teams and a team of loving chokers is.

Here let me offer a bunch of better suggestions:
1) autobids
2) have a loving computer do it
3) just release it all at once through a press release with no fanfare
4) everyone on espns talking head panel commits ritual suicide on live tv

ps gently caress you espn gently caress you alabama and gently caress you georgia

pps the internet and cable tv have ruined everything\

ppps seriously i wish espn people would die and also nick saban

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Scarf posted:

Bc aside from Michigan, ND didnt play anyone either.

Agreed. So but that doesn’t answer my question.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Yo it’s just football

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Wonder who will be in the Pinstripe Bowl. If it's actually an interesting matchup I might get tickets, but man, December 27th in New York...it's not pleasant outside.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Mahoning posted:

Once they made the QB change they beat the ever loving poo poo out of the bad teams they played though which is more than you can say for everyone else except Bama.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

lmao someone check the ND coach's pulse

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Mahoning posted:

Agreed. So but that doesn’t answer my question.

I think it's mainly bc Clemsons O and D are "flashier" with big play makers where ND is just a steady attack. So just by the nature of their play, it makes them look weaker

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

maxallen posted:

Holy poo poo this is the worst format ever and is designed literally solely for the purpose of having talking heads yell at each other for an hour over which 4 teams and in what order they should have been selected, with it finally ending with them all stroking off the CFP committee and how great these teams and a team of loving chokers is.

1) autobids

ps gently caress you espn gently caress you alabama and gently caress you georgia

Sir, this is a Panda Express drive thru.

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

iospace posted:

Sir, this is a Panda Express drive thru.

also can i have a side of kirby smarts brains and testicles, since he clearly lost them last night

e: wheres a site that actually has a live stream of bowl announcements, rather than just focusing on the NY6 poo poo, i had to find random tweets to confirm the tulane to cure bowl thing

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Fluffdaddy posted:

Yo it’s just football

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Remember that for lke the last 3 years Notre Dame fans wanted Kelly gone and shot to the sun with no faith that he could get them over the hump

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

That said:

I agree with autobids. Expand to 8, each P5 conference gets an autobid, a G5 gets a slot, and the remaining two at-large, and the committee gets to determine rankings and at-large. First game is played after championship weekend at the higher seed's home, then the semis and finals are played as they currently out.

Pay me, ESPN.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

put Army in the playoffs, imo

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

maxallen posted:

1) autobids

Chill out man

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Alaois posted:

put Army in the playoffs, imo

:yeah:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Speaking of Army, I don't care how ballin Navy's unis are this year, next week ain't gonna be pretty

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

iospace posted:

That said:

I agree with autobids. Expand to 8, each P5 conference gets an autobid, a G5 gets a slot, and the remaining two at-large, and the committee gets to determine rankings and at-large. First game is played after championship weekend at the higher seed's home, then the semis and finals are played as they currently out.

Pay me, ESPN.

I don’t think they should have to play an extra game. Conference championships are almost already too much

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

Fluffdaddy posted:

Yo it’s just football

football is the only thing worth living for in this hellscape of a world we call the earth

have they announced the army/navy unis?

navy: https://navysports.com/news/2018/10/9/navy-football-to-wear-under-armour-bill-the-goat-uniforms-for-the-army-navy-game.aspx
army: https://www.beatnavyuniform.com/

maxallen fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Dec 2, 2018

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

maxallen posted:

1) autobids

ok cool

boomer sooner

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

Quandary posted:

ok cool

boomer sooner

i'll be pulling for you!!!

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
UW gonna beat Urban into retirement. Join me in this world.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

sigmachiev posted:

Hell yeah :woof:

Browning's gonna poo poo the bed something fierce

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

sigmachiev posted:

gently caress, yeah. I donated to help send the Huskies band to the Fiesta Bowl last year, go loving Huskies.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

maxallen posted:

football is the only thing worth living for in this hellscape of a world we call the earth

have they announced the army/navy unis?

navy: https://navysports.com/news/2018/10/9/navy-football-to-wear-under-armour-bill-the-goat-uniforms-for-the-army-navy-game.aspx
army: https://www.beatnavyuniform.com/

Army's Airborn unis rule especially given that they haven't thrown a forward pass since 1944.

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Army's Airborn unis rule especially given that they haven't thrown a forward pass since 1944.

actually i think you will find that army threw a total of 85 attempts this year, with 44 completions, and 20% (895) of their total yards came through passing. (they did also run 716 times for 3333 yards)

for comparison, they threw 65 attempts with 20 completions last year, and a total of 361 yards. they ran 785 times for 4710 yards as well.

clearly, they are trending towards a modern balanced 50/50 offense and will achieve that somewhere around 2022.

e: unrelated gently caress jalen hurts and gently caress tua and gently caress joe namath too for good measure

maxallen fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Dec 2, 2018

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

looks like another year the committee got it right, the system works.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

ND should play UCF in a non-CFP NY6 bowl for the right to claim an undefeated National Championship*

*with holes in their resume

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
All the Ohio State salt makes everything worth it.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Cougs vs Cyclones would be a hell of an Alamo Bowl. Hoping this happens if the Cougs don't make a NY6 bowl.

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

Seriously why can't they just announce the Peach and Fiesta bowls already so we can get on to the more interesting bowl games?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Quandary posted:

ok cool

boomer sooner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

resident posted:

Cougs vs Cyclones would be a hell of an Alamo Bowl. Hoping this happens if the Cougs don't make a NY6 bowl.

Yeah, I'd be extremely down.