Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

FizFashizzle posted:

Can you imagine what would happen to recruiting if UCF curb stomped UF

i mean mullen doesn't really kill it on the trail in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Finally there is actually a Fiesta Bowl matchup interesting enough to want to go see it in person.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Kentucky is one busted rear end gift horse

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

FizFashizzle posted:

Can you imagine what would happen to recruiting if UCF curb stomped UF

Florida is sitting at #24 right now, so I don't see how it could dip much lower. At any rate, Perine and company would make it a track meet.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
You guys really think the mighty UF Gatornatti changed the bowl matchups at the last minute? Gene Smith was on the committee too, he must've curried favor too! Oh wait

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

I honestly can't even tell who you're mad about getting left out or if you just want to devise a system that somehow leaves Alabama out of it.

im just mad that espn loves sucking the top 4s cock and leaves me waiting to find out if memphis is playing vanderbilt for the tennessee state championship in the birmingham bowl or what

seriously the bowl selection process of interesting teams starts and they rush off the air

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
I am happy with the Citrus Bowl. Still think it's bullshit that Florida is that much higher ranked, especially after the committee's emphasis on head to head, but whatever. Kentucky's first New Year's Day bowl since playing Penn St in the Outback Bowl 20 years ago. So, yay, revenge game! I would also hope Penn St will be just disinterested enough after just missing out on a NY6 bowl.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Can the Big 12 just expand in the offseason and snag UCF/Tulane? The Big 12 would get better access to two excellent recruiting areas, more television markets, an instant potential best team in the conference, a fun city to visit for away games, another AAU school, and the conference name makes sense again.

They won't though because much like LSU, Texas is also scared of Tulane. Texas noticed Tulane plays better defense than them after both schools played Tulsa this year. and the whole conference is scared of UCF

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Wild Cat is going to San Diego to face the vile and contemptible Utah Utes

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Spacebump posted:

Can the Big 12 just expand in the offseason and snag UCF/Tulane?

BYU and Colorado State make more sense to me. :shrug:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ChrisDokish/status/1069338279366074368

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Nice.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Nice

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I'm happy that Alabama has been doing so well. One day we'll suck again, but until then I'm gonna enjoy it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
SDSU and Ohio are playing in the Frisco Bowl

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Can’t wait 2 lose 2 a 6-6 Big 12 team in the Liberty Bowl (probably Okie State)

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
I am mildly annoyed at being denied the Holgo-Leach Bowl, and our fans are idiots, but kind of excited to play an old rival again in a top 20 matchup versus a good offense.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Georgia Tech to the Quick Lane Bowl vs Minnesota is... kind of underwhelming

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

ugggggggh, the loving pinstripe bowl

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
gently caress I am so sick of the Outback bowl and Miss St/Iowa is the most boring bowl matchup possible

They have teased me with a possible holiday bowl for like 5 of the last 6 years :(

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Dilber posted:

ugggggggh, the loving pinstripe bowl

the fate worse than death

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I have no feelings about playing NC State

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Wisconsin-Miami in the Pinstripe. I mean it's definitely a better matchup than the last few have been, but it doesn't scream exciting enough to stand in the cold for 4 hours. I'll mull it over, do any Badger or Cane fans have thoughts that might sway me one way or the other? It's pretty easy for me to get there, it's just...is it worth it?

EDIT: Jesus the cheapest tickets are $65? What the hell

Ghost of Reagan Past fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Dec 2, 2018

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Democratic Pirate posted:

I have no feelings about playing NC State

Yeah I mean we got into a :toot: Florida bowl game :toot: I guess so that’s good

I’m just pissed that we are having the Florida-Michigan rematch literally no one wanted

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Wisconsin-Miami in the Pinstripe. I mean it's definitely a better matchup than the last few have been, but it doesn't scream exciting enough to stand in the cold for 4 hours. I'll mull it over, do any Badger or Cane fans have thoughts that might sway me one way or the other? It's pretty easy for me to get there, it's just...is it worth it?

the seats on the 50 yard line are 35 yards away from the field.

it's a lovely venue. The canes are going to play like poo poo in the cold. I didn't even look up tickets, which should tell you how crap the game will be.

also, it's a rematch from last year, alongside being a battle of preseason top 10 teams that didn't want to play in the pinstripe bowl this year.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Last year: two teams moving up, on the cusp of being playoff teams.

This year: two garbage teams going in the wrong direction. Both on the verge of being constant bottom feeders in their conference

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
https://twitter.com/MizzouFootball/status/1069342984980897792

Stop loving matching us versus Big XII teams you lazy shitheads. Why can't we play an ACC or B1G team for a change

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I was hoping Penn State would beat the odds and get the Peach Bowl. Its the only New Years Six bowl PSU is missing and no one has completed the set yet. Not even Alabama, somehow (hasn't won the Fiesta Bowl).

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

AsInHowe posted:

Florida must of pulled rank at the last minute to avoid playing UCF.

Here's Michigan's t-shirt for the Peach Bowl.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ucfsports/status/1069349236268064768

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

ur in my world now posted:

Stop loving matching us versus Big XII teams you lazy shitheads. Why can't we play an ACC or B1G team for a change

They beat WVU, beat Texas, and barely lost to OU too. Pretty good for their record.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Guys I bet Joe Castiglione got OU into the playoff. :tinfoil:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Hed posted:

They beat WVU, beat Texas, and barely lost to OU too. Pretty good for their record.

They're really jeck and hyde

against top competition they really came to play, but against lesser teams not so much

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

MourningView posted:

gently caress I am so sick of the Outback bowl and Miss St/Iowa is the most boring bowl matchup possible

They have teased me with a possible holiday bowl for like 5 of the last 6 years :(

I'm kinda jazzed about it tbh. Interesting matchup from a defense perspective, plus I don't think we've ever played y'all.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Hed posted:

Okie Lite isn't a bad team but I want to play a team that we haven't played 100 times before. The fun of bowl games is seeing weird matchups that would never happen normally

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

anyway, bowl games and post-seasons are for nerds

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
There we go

https://twitter.com/SDSUFootball/status/1069331261431271425

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

George H.W. oval office posted:

Hows your hosed up kid?

His team came up short in the 4A state championship yesterday so it wasn’t all good.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Not sure why we were deprived of UCF vs Georgia

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

ur in my world now posted:

maybe you shouldn't have left the big 12 and stayed out of conferences you dont belong in?

e: i should walk that back a bit, i dont particularly hate mizzou. i do hate fake army and having a 14 team conference though. the sec just wants to reunite you with old friends!

(no seriously gently caress the SEC for expanding to 14 teams)

maxallen fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Dec 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

maxallen posted:

maybe you shouldn't have left the big 12 and stayed out of conferences you dont belong in?

You're just mad cause Tennessee, inexplicably, keeps losing to the Tigers. Nevermind

Also, I am okay with the match-up because, while I am scared the Tigers will fall on their face, the Cotton Bowl against Cowboys was cool and was the last time the Tigers were any good.