Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This thread was originally about something else, if you want to see the OP of this thread: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GYk_X8BIkUF0VD80M2qaIObrczoVHI19P-mTIh0_ah8/edit?usp=sharing

Now it's about helping people with mental illness get in touch with others who need help. Goons have banded together to create communities. If you're someone lonely, who needs someone to hang out with, or are going through some tough poo poo. It's also for people who want to help, or just hangout. I'm getting help now, I have a therapist, and I'm taking my medicine again. If you see me posting like a crazy person, please remind me to take my medicine. Seriously, I'm writing this while having done so, and I'm a lot less crazy!

Anyways, if you're looking for other goons to hang out with, we have a steam group and a discord!

Anticheese posted:

I made an Oversharing Goons Discord channel. I'll gladly hand it over to Darkoni or whomever is taking the admin reins if requested, but for now, pile on in!

Darkoni posted:

I thought this was a good idea and making a group is free so...

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/Oversharinggoons

Sup y'all. Any feedback?

Thank you everyone for your attention, as gross as it is to say, it's what I needed most.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Dec 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Hey Turtle, where you headed on your trip?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HPanda posted:

Hey Turtle, where you headed on your trip?

I'm leaving the country to try and cure my mental illness. Don't be surprised if I don't come back to post after I mail everything out.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Turtle, don't give up a cat because of a trip. I mean, I don't even like cats, but you seemed like a straight shooter in mine craft all those years ago. Cats are important to people.

If you must, give it to the collective of Yospos. It's pretty much catte heaven there, I think, in all it's amber console glory.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tasha will probably take care of the cat. i just don't know for sure, so if for some reason it's too hard to keep the cat around after I leave, I just wanted to make sure someone wanted it.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Figuring out a treatment that works for you is certainly important. As someone who is only just now figuring out how to manage my own brain problems, I'll be rooting for you! You seem like a cool person who does cool things (sincerely).

Totally up to you, of course, but would love to hear any updates you feel up to sharing.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
So what country are you going to?

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Text HOME to 741741 and explain this plan to them pls

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holland.

e: This isn't the attention i wanted, stop making this about other things.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Dec 4, 2018

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Between the scale of the giveaway and the not being sure about the partner will take care of the cat, I have to make sure. Are you planning suicide? Please answer honestly... I don't really know you, but if I can help, just ask.

(And if you're not, please forgive me for being worried. I'd way rather be the weirdo who reads depressing poo poo into happy things than be the idiot who missed the signs when she could have helped. )

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Out of curiosity, what types of treatment are available in Holland? Is it socialized at all?

Your kitty is laying a fluffy trap in that picture, by the way.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
I hope your trip goes well and that you come back with an update. Shaka, brah.

Have a dumb, little story that might bring some non-holiday related cheer.

I associate my best friend with unicorns and take pictures of them whenever I come across any for sending purposes to help keep her days bright (life is hard). My coworkers are unaware of the association and have, over time, noticed my not-so-inconspicuous unicorn photo-taking behavior. (We receive plenty of unicorn products of all shapes and sizes, the magic of retail.) They appear to think I just have a thing for unicorns and now actively seek out unicorns for my photo-taking benefit by either pointing them out or gathering them up for landscape shot ease. I also now have an acute awareness for unicorn related merchandise. The glittery goodness cannot evade my eyes or come off my clothes.

I don't think I want to clarify anything with them. I do want to highlight how strange my present phone gallery is with its 75 unicorn pictures mixed in with everything else, personal and business. I could print out a scrapbook. Of unicorns. Neigh. A digital album would behoof my wallet and be a great gift idea.

Hmmmm.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
Traveling can be very stressful, even under the best of circumstances. It is not a good way to deal with mental illness. Please see a professional before doing this.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

baw posted:

Traveling can be very stressful, even under the best of circumstances. It is not a good way to deal with mental illness. Please see a professional before doing this.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
also lmao

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Jamfrost posted:

I hope your trip goes well and that you come back with an update. Shaka, brah.

Have a dumb, little story that might bring some non-holiday related cheer.

I associate my best friend with unicorns and take pictures of them whenever I come across any for sending purposes to help keep her days bright (life is hard). My coworkers are unaware of the association and have, over time, noticed my not-so-inconspicuous unicorn photo-taking behavior. (We receive plenty of unicorn products of all shapes and sizes, the magic of retail.) They appear to think I just have a thing for unicorns and now actively seek out unicorns for my photo-taking benefit by either pointing them out or gathering them up for landscape shot ease. I also now have an acute awareness for unicorn related merchandise. The glittery goodness cannot evade my eyes or come off my clothes.

I don't think I want to clarify anything with them. I do want to highlight how strange my present phone gallery is with its 75 unicorn pictures mixed in with everything else, personal and business. I could print out a scrapbook. Of unicorns. Neigh. A digital album would behoof my wallet and be a great gift idea.

Hmmmm.

Lean into it. Photoshop each coworker's head onto a unicorn, make a group photo of co-workercorns, and turn that into a banner to hang in whatever common area exists at your place of work.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
This is really weird and odd, but I'll take whatever you have that is on offer if you can prove you are on your way to Holland to get hella laid or.for a cool new job or something..

I would rather play games with you instead, weird goon. What do you play? I used to play DayZ for a while with a goon group, then Space Engineers with a different goon group, and then Avorion with same said goon group. The second goon group is still technically gaming together, we're just between a common interest in a game but might be doing ARK now?

I like RTS games like Sup Com FA a super lot (best game) but also am open to trying new games because I am an autistic gently caress who is not good at talk to people and needs to try new things.

I'll play games with you regardless of getting nothing-at-all.flanders!

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

HPanda posted:

Lean into it. Photoshop each coworker's head onto a unicorn, make a group photo of co-workercorns, and turn that into a banner to hang in whatever common area exists at your place of work.

I am stealing that term from you forever and will figure out a way to use it naturally.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Why are you giving away a Switch and a 3DS when those are things you would want to take with you on a trip?

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Not to be the nth person to make comments but even if you're planning to travel for a long while I wouldn't get rid of your Steam account like that. I don't know you or your life, but even if the account seems useless or like a bad distraction right now, keep it for the future. You won't thank yourself in the future for throwing away an account worth thousands of dollars which costs you nothing to keep around and takes up no space.

Also remember that cats can be mean fluffballs but that they still love you and will miss you :(

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Bardeh posted:

Why are you giving away a Switch and a 3DS when those are things you would want to take with you on a trip?
because he can't take them with into the afterlife

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Turtlicious posted:

Holland.

e: This isn't the attention i wanted, stop making this about other things.

If you don't want to talk about it here, can you make a thread in E/N? It'd be great to be able to keep up with you and your upcoming plans. Or you could PM me if you wanna talk, even just to have someone to vocalize (typalize?) your treatment to. I know talking things through always helps me to organize my thoughts.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Sure I'll take all your stuff for free before you uhhh "Go to holland".

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
1-800-273-8255

This is the national suicide hotline number, please do not hesistate to call it if you need to.

Hace fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Dec 4, 2018

GlassLotus
Mar 16, 2014

I once got a fortune cookie that said "Ask your mom". I've also gotten several blank fortune cookies... I guess that explains why I'm broke.
So uh, I'm with him presently and talking with him (I'm his fiancee). Thank you all for your concern.

Edit: Just fully read the post. I would take my cat =_= and nothing's being given away. But especially not the cat, which I paid for, who's under my name.

GlassLotus fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Dec 4, 2018

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I'm hoping you get the help you need and you can live a happier life

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

GlassLotus posted:

So uh, I'm with him presently and talking with him (I'm his fiancee). Thank you all for your concern.

Edit: Just fully read the post. I would take my cat =_= and nothing's being given away. But especially not the cat, which I paid for, who's under my name.

lol Jesus Christ

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Ruggington posted:

Robiben
Jul 19, 2006

Life is...weird

Hace posted:

1-800-273-8255

This is the national suicide hotline number, please do not hesistate to call it if you need to.

Ruggington posted:

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I hope things work out for you two.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

Where's the r/relationships post

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

GlassLotus posted:

Glad to hear that you're with him. This is just a dumb forum, but let us know if there's anything we can do to help (even just some game group time).

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

GlassLotus posted:

(I'm his fiancee)

would reconsider this btw

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

GlassLotus posted:

I hope it's going as well as it can be.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

HPanda posted:

Out of curiosity, what types of treatment are available in Holland? Is it socialized at all?

Your kitty is laying a fluffy trap in that picture, by the way.

theres a year long waiting time just to get emergency mental help, so theres probably better countries to pick

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
That's over $1,000 in stuff! Most Goons already have similar stuff we don't need it. It's good you're getting help but please ebay it and don't give it away. A switch alone is worth $250 on ebay.

Have you asked your therapist or psychologist what they think of your giveaway idea? Do that first before doing this.

Edit: I didn't see the fiancée was a goon and posting in this thread. Call his parents after you are done talking with him and get him to the ER.

DropsySufferer fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Dec 4, 2018

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Davincie posted:

theres a year long waiting time just to get emergency mental help, so theres probably better countries to pick

It's cause euthanasia is legal there

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

You can't "just" get euthanized, it's a long and controlled process.

Anyway please don't do anything weird, and call 113 once you get to NL.

Zedd fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Dec 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
TOASting in an epic bread.