Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who makes the whiter movies?
Cohen Bros
Wes Anderson
View Results

• Locked thread
Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

The Protagonist posted:

Goons what is the blackest movie

The Jazz Singer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
the last name Anderson basically confirms maximum whiteness. Wes, Paul WS, Paul Thomas, Hans Christian.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Jesus christ this isn't even a contest. Wes Anderson by a million miles.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Egbert Souse posted:

Coming to America
haha
these two, Friday, and The Wiz

but I'd go with Juice because for some reason white people still don't know about it

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Why is this question making some of you so mad? These guys make pretty white movies. I didn't say they were bad.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Which of the two set a movie in India, had Indians in nearly every scene and still managed the make the movie entirely about white guys

its that one

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Gnome de plume posted:

Which of the two set a movie in India, had Indians in nearly every scene and still managed the make the movie entirely about white guys

its that one

the scene where jason schwartzman’s self-insert character fingerbangs the local girl at her job seconds after making eye contact with her is really something

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gnome de plume posted:

its that one
Wes Anderson

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Gaunab posted:

This thread about directors who make really white movies is transforming into a thread criticizing a black director. Probably the whitest turn it could have taken.

Perhaps race essentialism to the point of classifying artistic expression by skin colour automatically promotes racism? Perhaps classifying something as white art denigrates more than just white people, since doing so puts a boundary on what black people can express or enjoy?

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Moon Atari posted:

Perhaps race essentialism to the point of classifying artistic expression by skin colour automatically promotes racism? Perhaps classifying something as white art denigrates more than just white people, since doing so puts a boundary on what black people can express or enjoy?

Hmmm, perhaps, perhaps

*cums everywhere*

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
the Coens and Wes Anderson make very consistently good movies, are you saying it's good to be white OP

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

All the white movies are kept in a section behind a beaded curtain at my local Hollywood Video, I can tell because the people come out of there looking ashamed and excited

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ
Nobody watches Coen Brothers, except for white brainlets.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Moon Atari posted:

Tolkien minority posted:

Hmmm, perhaps, perhaps

*cums everywhere*

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Moon Atari posted:

lol at this post

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Moon Atari posted:

willing to bet this dude thinks games are art

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

It's unfair how white people get to live rent-free in half of SA's minds and lay claim to the best movies of the previous 20 years

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
lol these two choices aren’t even the best american filmmakers of the last twenty years

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I think, if you review the proper literature, you'll actually find that their movies are consistently very good and Inside Llewyn Davis is definitely in my top five in recent memory

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Gaunab posted:

Why is this question making some of you so mad? These guys make pretty white movies. I didn't say they were bad.

You broke the number 3 rule of the internet OP. Don't remind white people that they're white.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Wes Anderson's catalog is 100% white twee garbage.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
pt anderson, terrance mallick, and david lynch have all put out some of their best work in the past twenty years and that’s just off the top of my head and not counting all the new directors putting out dope poo poo on the regular and any directors from any other country.

i can’t imagining watching any pastiche the clowns’ in the poll have dumped out since 1998 and declaring them the greatest movies of the past twenty years.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

The Protagonist posted:

Friday? I’m gonna go with Friday.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

13Pandora13 posted:

yeah

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

The Protagonist posted:

The one where everyone fights over a lottery ticket?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Protagonist posted:

either Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song or Welcome Home Brother Charles

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

Moon Atari posted:

next youll be telling me that flippant garbage threads arent very deep

edit: oh drat what a sick av

curlys gold fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Dec 9, 2018

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
i think wes anderson movies are good

i think wes anderson movies are white

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

13Pandora13 posted:

Twee garbage can still have a heart. It sucks that apparently Wes doesn't have anyone who can reign him in from his own excess, his movies don't take place in environments anymore just dollhouses

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Woody Allen is the whitest director

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Egbert Souse posted:

Woody Allen is the whitest director

Who's the rapiest director: Woody Allen, Bryan Singer, or Roman Polanski?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

13Pandora13 posted:

Who's the rapiest director: Woody Allen, Bryan Singer, or Roman Polanski?

Bryan Singer because he not only is a pedo, he makes garbage movies for the most part

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

the one who actually fled the country on account of all the rape

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

curlys gold posted:

the one who actually fled the country on account of all the rape

The fact the other two haven't faced any prosecution and still make movies doesn't necessarily make the other one worse. Woody Allen is literally loving his adopted daughter.

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

13Pandora13 posted:

The fact the other two haven't faced any prosecution and still make movies doesn't necessarily make the other one worse. Woody Allen is literally loving his adopted daughter.

are we going to argue about who is the rapiest director

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

curlys gold posted:

are we going to argue about who is the rapiest director

You're right, just throw them all into the ocean.

Sinding Johansson
Dec 1, 2006
STARVED FOR ATTENTION

Gnome de plume posted:

its that one

That was a great movie, by far his best actually, distilling everything good Anderson has to offer. The three brothers are quite explicitly hyper-privileged narcissists so his choice to center the film on their 'journey of self-discovery' (which is mostly self pitying drug abuse/insulting their Indian hosts) makes perfect sense

Sinding Johansson fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Dec 9, 2018

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I love the hell out of the Royal Tennenbaums, but Wes wins this contest.

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
Definitely Wes Anderson. But Life Aquatic did give us that Portugese Bowie soundtrack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Flambeau posted:

Definitely Wes Anderson. But Life Aquatic did give us that Portugese Bowie soundtrack

That was loving incredible.

• Locked thread