Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who makes the whiter movies?
Cohen Bros
Wes Anderson
View Results

• Locked thread
Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
These guys make decent movies that just happen to be really white but who makes the whitest movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
easily wes anderson because his movies are all about *rich* white people vs cohen bros poor white person movies

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Wes Anderson because sometimes the Cohen Bros. make it about white Jews.

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4rNfgPAfI0

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
aren't the Coen Bros Jewish?

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

snack eater posted:

aren't the Coen Bros Jewish?

Yeah gefilt as fish, how do you think they get away with so much bad poo poo

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Anderson by far

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Anderson because he’s what happens when you grow up in suburban Texas but obsessively read The New Yorker and model your entire aesthetic on what those readings made you imagine about life in NYC.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

LanceHunter posted:

Anderson because he’s what happens when you grow up in suburban Texas but obsessively read The New Yorker and model your entire aesthetic on what those readings made you imagine about life in NYC.

This sounds about right. It makes for some really interesting movies though.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Wes Anderson by a lot. I can't think of anyone even close to him, let alone jewish bros.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Robin Williams posted:

Yeah gefilt as fish, how do you think they get away with so much bad poo poo

lol expound plz

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

The Protagonist posted:

lol expound plz

Woody Allen is walking around a free man

expound on why you asked please?

Robin Williams fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Dec 8, 2018

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

wes anderson whiter coen brothers more jewish. jewishness is whiteness but it's a different kind of whiteness

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

The first half of Wes Andersons' career are some of the whitest movies ever made.

Entorwellian fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 8, 2018

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Robin Williams posted:

Woody Allen is walking around a free man

expound on why you asked please?

Maybe like myself he's pretty uncomfortable with jewish conspiracy posting? I can't talk for him though. Woody Allen is a piece of poo poo, but I'm not sure him walking around free has much to do with being jewish.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Or what that has to do with the Cohen's?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Grand budapest hotel is better than most cohen movies but the cohens movies are better than the rest of Anderson

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just dropping teh casual antisemitism into the thread like lol we all know those wacky Jews get away with everything

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Wes Anderson usually films in 2.35:1, and the Coens usually film in 1.85:1 unless they're going for an Oscar, so I would say Anderson makes the wider movies

e: misread

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Cubone posted:

Wes Anderson usually films in 2.35:1, and the Coens usually film in 1.85:1 unless they're going for an Oscar, so I would say Anderson makes the wider movies

Lol

Single and LOVING IT
Apr 4, 2004
The monkeys are coming. . .

Cubone posted:

:discourse:

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

The Protagonist posted:

Or what that has to do with the Cohen's?

Previous guy said they were toxic jews

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

LanceHunter posted:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I don't care op

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
I saw a black guy in a movie once

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

oh dope posted:

I saw a black guy in a movie once

Simultaneously brave of you and about time!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Whenever I see Wes Anderson's name I get my hopes up for a second thinking of Wes Craven before the disappointment.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

LanceHunter posted:

Anderson by a mile.

E: lots of black dudes that like Big Lebowski

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i voted for Wes Anderson because the Cohen Bros have managed to make one (1) good movie compared to Anderson’s zero (0) and at least the Cohens haven’t made an extremely dumb movie set in japan

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Wes Anderson made a good movie once? When did this happen?! :aaaaa:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
wow who’d have thunk kuato is illiterate

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

WatermelonGun posted:

Probably Kuatos Sunday school teacher lolo

In The Bushes
Mar 4, 2012
Spike Lee makes movies white people go see and then applaud and then talk about white people a lot on the way home so they can pretend they’re not like other white people white people white people

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

In The Bushes posted:

Spike Lee makes movies white people go see and then applaud and then talk about white people a lot on the way home so they can pretend they’re not like other white people white people white people

how many spike lee movies have you seen

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The Royal Tenenbaums is a loving masterpiece, and I'll fite you for it. That said, it's incredibly loving white. So I'll go with Wes Anderson, OP.

WatermelonGun posted:

how many spike lee movies have you seen

Do the right thing was the last one I watched. It was pretty good.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

WatermelonGun posted:

Whoa, I already have two forums nemeses. I don’t think I have the time to deal with three. I’ll add you to the queue.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Nurge posted:

The Royal Tenenbaums is a loving masterpiece, and I'll fite you for it. That said, it's incredibly loving white. So I'll go with Wes Anderson, OP.

Do the right thing was the last one I watched. It was pretty good.

Plenty of people think that was his last good one so you’re prolly alright stopping there.

I like Summer of Sam and He Got Game tho

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Cubone posted:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Entorwellian posted:

The first half of Wes Andersons' career are some of the whitest movies ever made.

Several of his movies are like film adaptations of an Urban Outfitters catalog. The only way his movies could be whiter is if one of them had a sequence where Taylor Swift flew up onto the roof of a Whole Foods during a snowstorm and made a nest out of khakis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010
I would think it was the Wayan brothers

• Locked thread