Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Flutieflakes017 posted:

Christ. 10 years of apartment living.

Two "artists" lived above me for awhile. They had day jobs but that didn't stop them from staying up all night Friday/Saturday night doing coke and listening to what sounded like new age scream music. The days after they stayed up all night the man would chill on his balcony, which had a car door on it, mean mugging anyone walking by. Eventually, they were evicted.

Worst by far was my downstairs neighbor in a tri-plex in Los Angeles. The woman had "anxiety" and would leave angry notes claiming my gf and I were being too loud. I was in law school and if I wasn't studying in the law library or at the gym we were watching DS-9. Because I am the world's biggest idiot and assumed she could be reasonable, I gave her my number and told her to text me if we were getting noisy. She then started texting any time we talked at all after about 9pm and demanding that I get ready for work in my living room because she could hear me walking in my bedroom in the morning. After I declined to get ready for work in my living room, she started making up outright lies to the landlords (who also lived in the tri-plex) claiming we were having parties every weekend they were out of town. There was never a party.

The landlords, who were bizarre LA/Culver City retired types, claimed they never had any problems with her and believed the downstairs neighbor. In an attempt to be fair, they offered to let us move out and even agreed to pay back our security deposit. We got the hell out of there and got an apartment with in-unit W/D and AC. I probably would have stuck around to torture her but I was trying to survive law school and was sick of living in a place with street parking and no AC.

I have some weird olds in my cul'de sac now. Maybe I'll get to that tomorrow.

lmao you sound completely insufferable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

No but he won't be uh, walking, today

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
when i was a kid there were some neighbors that used to tread a path through our lawn. one weekend my dad had dug out the septic tank and left an open hole and then next morning there was a poo poo splash around the hole and a poo poo trail toward their house. one of the involved parties must be a bad neighbor

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I live in an apartment building and the feuding between the neighbour directly below me and her next door neighbour is escalating.

In summer we all received letters from the building owners about the communal area being kept unclearn. Below Neighbour had complained about the Other Neighbour leaving her kid's pram under the stairs in the main hall which was no big deal at all (certainly not the fire hazard detailed in the letter).

Other Neighbour has comes from a rough family who live in an identical building across the road and in the past few months they've spray painted Below Neighbour's walls with "grass", let off fireworks right outside her bedroom window and broken three other windows.

The rest of my building is pretty cool though.

Kimchi Surplus
Dec 4, 2007

Daddy's out of bourbon...

Fredrik1 posted:

My neighbors are cool.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Obviously very injured dude and his wife won some kind of settlement and moved in. Their daughter, who is like 50 or something, was high as gently caress and destroyed my mailbox with her car. I took like pictures and poo poo and was like wtf is wrong you, how did you kill my mailbox. I have one of those big stupid brick mailboxes.

Anyways I'm like yo you better have insurance and she does and i call and then she denies the whole thing so I go over there like 8 times being like hi fix my mailbox and she like hissed at me the last time and so I called the cops and they told me to sue her. So I just kept harassing her every day by going over there and being like 'did you tell them you hit my mailbox yet'. My gf went over there and she can be kind of ghetto so i think she is the who made her finally snap or whatever.

My mailbox just laid in my yard for like a month, it was to heavy to move.

I only check my mail like once a month anyways.

All my other neighbors are cool tho.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

CPL593H posted:

I would love for poo poo like this to be my biggest problem in life. Getting angry about some leaves blowing in your yard in the fall is peak old man bullshit.

yeah don't get me wrong I like trees and if we all have trees and each person's trees blow leaves into our neighbors yard we can all just rake em up as part of the tree commune but if you specifically don't have trees cause you don't wanna deal with em it's a pretty raw deal you have to rake your neighbors leaves much in the same way it'd suck to have a neighbor that took their dog to your yard everymorning to poo poo in it and expect you to do the poop picking for them.

Like it's not a random act of nature filling your yard with debris you have to deal with or let your grass die, it's your neighbor littering in your yard.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

ArbitraryC posted:

yeah don't get me wrong I like trees and if we all have trees and each person's trees blow leaves into our neighbors yard we can all just rake em up as part of the tree commune but if you specifically don't have trees cause you don't wanna deal with em it's a pretty raw deal you have to rake your neighbors leaves much in the same way it'd suck to have a neighbor that took their dog to your yard everymorning to poo poo in it and expect you to do the poop picking for them.

Like it's not a random act of nature filling your yard with debris you have to deal with or let your grass die, it's your neighbor littering in your yard.

Don't have trees, your neighbors do and you hate leaves in your yard? Guess what, it sucks to suck

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Easter, Halloween, 4th of July, and Christmas. Doesn't bother me enough to complain in person, but online it's fun to post the crazy.

This guy isn't really my enemy either, until the summer, when he leaves planters large metal tubs to fill with stagnant water & breed mosquitos, and starts mowing his lawn at 6:45am.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

Leaves blowing in the wind are literally a random act of nature, you loving goon

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Neighbors are some Gen X couple that both smoke a ton and it pisses me off to no end because the smoke travels from their patio to ours and our living room if I have the sliding door open. So it becomes impossible to air out the house if they're outside because one of those idiots are smoking constantly. You'd think COVID would reign them in a bit but nope. The wife has a mean southern or midwestern accent, so I half expect her to say some racist thing whenever shes yelling at her son in a phone call, which for some reason is always done in the patio.

One time their son came over and the 3 of them had shouting matches which I could hear through my kitchen. Because i'm a nosy idiot I looked out the window once I heard/felt their door slam and the son looked like a goon.

I guess they're not terrible as neighbors go, but them not smoking would make things a lot nicer. Everyone in this apartment complex smokes. :sigh:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp
How and why did you necromancy this thread up?

Anyway, neighbors suck. I live in a featureless flat plain and I love it

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
There is an old woman that constantly smokes outside her front door. We live in a sexplex, so all one building. The potential issue is she is also on oxygen and there is a huge sign on her door, right next to where she smokes, that says No Smoking! Oxygen! She keeps her tank inside but still, I’m not sure how worried I should be.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

The husband is a sexual predator and apparently assaulted my hairdresser, his step-sister, when they were kids, which is enough reason for me.

The wife is a deranged lunatic who covered all their windows and doors in foil to keep the internet out, told us when we moved in a few months back that Comcast is using wi-fi to give us cancer so we die sooner and thus use less internet, and argues loudly with her husband that we shouldn't have been able to buy the house because it floods. She also yells at our dog because he's small and barky, which cemented our eternal emnity.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
pretty sure I was the bad neighbor in my section of the one apt I lived in for about 2 years. I was always quiet, but smoked a ton of weed in that period and wasn't always discrete about it. I was in a bad place mentally/emotionally for awhile during this period so I kind of stopped caring if other people were bothered by weedsmell in the hallway. I feel bad about it in retrospect

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
My neighbour has a tiny yappy dog and I just can't understand how they think it's acceptable to inflict that on the dozen people that live in close proximity

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Vim Fuego posted:

How and why did you necromancy this thread up?

Anyway, neighbors suck. I live in a featureless flat plain and I love it

Holy crap how was that even possible? I was so confused why a thread with a read count popped out that I couldn't remember.

I'm pretty sure I'm the bad neighbor cause I gently caress off on yardwork all the time. Flip side I never make a peep.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp

Cornbinks posted:

... our dog ... small and barky ...

You may still be the bad neighbor

LethalGeek posted:

Holy crap how was that even possible? I was so confused why a thread with a read count popped out that I couldn't remember.

right?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

remigious posted:

We live in a sexplex

What the gently caress?

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

ChesterJT posted:

What the gently caress?

Millennials are killing monogamy

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Back when I lived with my dad, our neighbor would be the parking police even though you could park anywhere on the street as long as you weren't blocking fire hydrants/driveways/etc. I parked in front of the house and then got nails in my tires "mysteriously" the next day. Shortly after, said neighbor pepper sprayed my dad because my dad managed to blow some leaves with the leaf blower onto the other guy's driveway. The cops came and gave my dad a ticket for littering (you can already guess what color the cops and neighbor were). For a while, things calmed down despite them following random family members to work, sending creepy texts, etc. Then one day their tone reversed completely and they started trying to be friendly again.

They must have talked to a lawyer or something because the harassment stopped and they became much more conciliatory. Dad talked to his own lawyer who said his case was a slam dunk but my dad didn't pursue it, sadly. It didn't matter though, because the neighbor panicked and put the house on the market. He and his family were out within a week. Strange times.

Soulkys
Sep 7, 2008

The beast of Tanagra
It aint simple or sound livin in the Sexplex but, nothin gets the blood up quite like it neither

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Cornbinks posted:

our dog because he's small and barky,

Got some bad news for ya kid

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Omg I meant a sixplex :ughh:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
sounds like a classic case of sexplexia

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Wouldn't a "sexplex" be easier to describe as apartments. Quadplex or even triplex is pushing it

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A sexplex is a Swedish sixplex which, of course, also makes it a sexplex.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Cornbinks sucks lol

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

buglord posted:

Neighbors are some Gen X couple that both smoke a ton and it pisses me off to no end because the smoke travels from their patio to ours and our living room if I have the sliding door open. So it becomes impossible to air out the house if they're outside because one of those idiots are smoking constantly. You'd think COVID would reign them in a bit but nope. The wife has a mean southern or midwestern accent, so I half expect her to say some racist thing whenever shes yelling at her son in a phone call, which for some reason is always done in the patio.

One time their son came over and the 3 of them had shouting matches which I could hear through my kitchen. Because i'm a nosy idiot I looked out the window once I heard/felt their door slam and the son looked like a goon.

I guess they're not terrible as neighbors go, but them not smoking would make things a lot nicer. Everyone in this apartment complex smokes. :sigh:

Sounds like you are the racist.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
As a Midwestern born living in the Appalachian south (10 years): they are extremely different dialects.

My neighbors are a couple around our age, they drunk Uber or drive home every now and then and have fires where they switch between dad rock and country. Not bad. Their one dog tried to bite me kinda, the other's a sweetheart, I was helping them in their yard.

My other neighbor has to mow asap after I mow, even if we choose different heights, he also doesn't mow with my fence line, but he's lived here longer and I never got a survey, we'll see what the stakes say someday.. or maybe my buddies metal detector will pick it up? Probably not the house is only like 30 years old.

I knew a ton about his wife's life when I was a smoker still because her back porch was like 30 foot in the air from my land and her phone convos carried very well into my front yard/ the other neighbor's in the cul-de-sacs front doors for some reason.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

When I lived in a flat my upstairs neighbour used to have mid-week all night parties where him and his friends would dance around in high heels on a hard floors, have a big wrestle and listen to Britney Spears CDs on a loop. Also they liked to do high pitched Ned Flanders screams at the top of their lungs.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

When I lived in a mid-sized city, Igot yelled at by my dudebro medical device salesman neighbor because my dog barked excitedly when she was chasing some squirrels when I let her out to go pee one morning (~8a) before I went to work. Never mind that this rear end in a top hat and his girlfriend and other friends loved to do group work outs in his backyard every other night at about 9p, complete with unnecessarily-loud guttural grunts, dropping weights from chest height, and loud cheering of one another whenever they’d complete a set. He literally threatened to call the cops on me and I just slammed the door in his face and said “gently caress off” through the door.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

1redflag posted:

I just slammed the door in his face and said “gently caress off” through the door.

Lol oooh watch out everyone we got a real tough guy here

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Nooner posted:

Lol oooh watch out everyone we got a real tough guy here

Turn on your monitor

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Weka posted:

Sounds like you are the racist.

so much for the tolerant left amirite!??

gently caress off

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

My neighbor across the street installed a giant flag pole and spot light and flies an American flag and a Don't Tread on Me flag every day. About a month ago I was grabbing the mail and saw her passed out in the front yard. I went over there and offered to call 911 or drive her to the hospital but she said that this happens to her a lot and its fine, she just needed some sugar to perk back up. Yesterday when I got home she was using a cane to get around in the driveway.

She's only 31 years old but she's apparently pretty close to death, hopefully when that happens I get a cool neighbor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

yikes! posted:

gently caress off

Sorry you got called out on your bigotry