Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009
So did the game come out yet guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

They might as well wait until January now. poo poo is gonna be broken as gently caress no matter what and who the gently caress wants to run damage control over the holidays.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

RocketRaygun posted:

I really hope that fast travel is limited in some way. I don't think "you leave your inventory behind" is a good enough limiter for fast travel... you just load up a boat with extra gear and then flood people out of the boat that are fast traveling in.

I mean, fast travel where you leave your poo poo behind is basically jump clones in EVE online, and it doesn't suffer for it IMO.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

quote:

Jatheish Today at 9:15 PM
Definitely, understand that you guys are disappointed right now and the frustration is justified. Our goal is to make sure that the launch goes as smoothly as possible, and for that, we needed these two extra days. I know we let you down on the communication side, and again for not delivering but we'll be working hard to make it up to you. Unfortunately, we're not able to offer pre-loading for the game, so it won't be available to download until the title has launched into Early Access.

A lot of the Grapeshot guys would like to be in here and communicating a lot more with you, but we're all working hard to get this ready to ship -- most of the folks you do see in here who type are doing so when they have a minute or two free, they tab in and respond to what they can, and then they get back to work. After we've released and made sure it's smooth sailing, we'll be a lot more communicative and iterative with you.

First Bethesda and now this... Xmas is Ruined. :boom:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Game has only been announced for two weeks and it's been delayed twice, that has to be some kind of record.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Lol he really ended that with “smooth sailing”

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Most of you are overlooking the facts:

(1) You are a pirate
(2) The best video game of all time was delayed by literal years not just 2 days
(3) These guys made Ark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Aq-gm3An0&t=5s

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tempus Thales posted:

First Bethesda and now this... Xmas is Ruined. :boom:

if only they had a manager of some sort

someone that talked to the community

well as far as im aware nothing like that exists

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

RocketRaygun posted:

Man their discord is full of wonderful, stable, and healthy people.

I was excited too but they're so angry over something they haven't even paid for. At least it'll be out on the weekend? Imagine if the pirate game had sold them a slightly shittier plastic bag than the lovely bag they'd expected

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Let’s see how absurd gamer outrage can get. Just keep delaying and other weird poo poo.

Purely about games though we’ve already seen the horrific depths when it comes to women and minorities.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Comrayn posted:

Let’s see how absurd gamer outrage can get. Just keep delaying and other weird poo poo.

Purely about games though we’ve already seen the horrific depths when it comes to women and minorities.

Yeah, I wanna try this game but I also really want to see it get delayed on Friday again, because I hate gamers.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I would be easier on everyone to delay it till after Xmas now anyway, unless they plan to be in the office on tuesday

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
I, for one, am outraged that this game I found this morning has been delayed for two days.

I'm going to teach them a lesson by still buying it though.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

belt posted:

Yeah, I wanna try this game but I also really want to see it get delayed on Friday again, because I hate gamers.

xanif posted:

I, for one, am outraged that this game I found this morning has been delayed for two days.

I'm going to teach them a lesson by still buying it though.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Why didn't they just launch the game at the start of the new year

dogsupremacy
Dec 3, 2012
bossman gonna make those mfers crunch through the holiday weekend to release this poo poo rear end game that would be hosed up if true

dogsupremacy
Dec 3, 2012
delay it to next month imo, dont post anything about it until 11:59pm this friday

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

There’s a lot of weird poo poo about this ‘MMO’ to be quite honest.

They announce it two weeks before release and already delay it twice. They’re releasing it right in front of loving Christmas of all times. Just do it in January wtf.

It’s branded an MMO but has private servers?!

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Demiurge4 posted:

They announce it two weeks before release and already delay it twice. They’re releasing it right in front of loving Christmas of all times. Just do it in January wtf.

Its the new ark expansion but they realised they can charge full retail instead of a dlc price if they say its a new game. They probably also want to get a cash spike during this financial year.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Nitrousoxide posted:

I mean, fast travel where you leave your poo poo behind is basically jump clones in EVE online, and it doesn't suffer for it IMO.

it suffers from it as badly as you can possibly suffer from it, eve has devolved down to bloc A vs bloc B for like the last decade+

no small groups can come into existence without being a part of the massive blocs

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Any chance this is actually just a social experiment and there is no game?

It’s like those experiments where they offer couples therapy but they keep introducing delays and raising the ambient temperature to see how people react.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Demiurge4 posted:

It's launching into Steam's Early Access (not the same as the "early access" you get from pre-ordering games these days,) not full commercial launch. You don't typically announce you're going to launch an early access game very long before you do it. But yes, the private server thing confuses me too. I don't understand how they'll work, but I guess they mostly allow it for mods.

Byolante posted:

Its the new ark expansion but they realised they can charge full retail instead of a dlc price if they say its a new game. They probably also want to get a cash spike during this financial year.

I imagine you're trolling, but the game is going to be $25 at early access launch, not full retail price. During early access it will be $30. Two years+ from now it'll probably be $60. And this game does not seem like an ARK expansion at all. That's like saying Red Dead Redemption 2 is just an expansion pack of Grand Theft Auto 5.

GoGoGadget fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Dec 20, 2018

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

RocketRaygun posted:

Man their discord is full of wonderful, stable, and healthy people.

Looks like I started reading this thread at the exact right time.

I did indeed.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Streamers are the worst.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
The tin foil is strong

awox
Aug 21, 2015
luv2club
The official discord is a pretty nice dumpster fire if you ask me

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

awox posted:

This is the kind of thing a 19 year old says right before telling us his edgy jokes about Jews and gays.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

xanif posted:

This is the kind of thing a 19 year old says right before telling us his edgy jokes about Jews and gays.

Definitely middle aged man who is no longer invited to Thanksgiving.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

xanif posted:

also that means he expects any :siren: FEMALES :siren: to take his creepy comments with a smile

awox
Aug 21, 2015
luv2club
What if i told you they misconfigured their servers, and every single server just reports the players that are online on that server, and servers are aptly named after the mapsquare they belong to :smug:

WHAT COULD GO WRONG.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

sounds like you’re telling me I’ll have a way to know how to go somewhere I can finally be truly alone

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

awox posted:

Any guilds DTF?

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

awox posted:

What if i told you they misconfigured their servers, and every single server just reports the players that are online on that server, and servers are aptly named after the mapsquare they belong to :smug:

WHAT COULD GO WRONG.

haha holy gently caress how do you even be this bad

L0VE
May 3, 2010
Had a look at the game map provided by PCGamer and decided to see how many re-skinned islands there were.

PCGamer says there are 7 biomes but I can only distinguish between Arctic/Tundra/Desert/Temperate from the map.
These are the islands that have had at least one re-skin.

There are also 24 (that I could find) islands without re-skins.

As you can see it's pretty heavily weighted toward temperate islands and with only 5 Arctic and 8 Tundra, anyone setting up in the northern parts of the map will have to suffer a lot of the same.

Some of the islands are also unique, I think they might be mapped out on the big one with all the zones listed, I'll check later if I can be arsed.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Oh this game is Early Access? Guess I'll try to forget it existed for 5 years.

God dammit

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

L0VE posted:

Had a look at the game map provided by PCGamer and decided to see how many re-skinned islands there were.

PCGamer says there are 7 biomes but I can only distinguish between Arctic/Tundra/Desert/Temperate from the map.
These are the islands that have had at least one re-skin.

So, what we were able to glean from the server list, there is:

Tundra
Tropical
Temperate
High Desert
Low Desert
Equitorial

which gives us 6.

Now that we have a full resolution map, I think there is also an Ice biome that is more icy than Tundra. You can see the bottom and top row of islands are far more icier than their Tundra counterparts. That gives us 7 biomes.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

This whips

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I will not play this game but I will watch with bated breath to see how much pedophile defense happens this time. I need it, archage was too long ago. Slam it right in my veins fam.

The dudes dressing up as pirates and the game being delayed is just the hors d’oeurves.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Did pubbies already demand a rape minigame Star Citizen style, cause that's what pirates do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Hammerstein posted:

Did pubbies already demand a rape minigame Star Citizen style, cause that's what pirates do?

nah they are mostly nazis. I bet we'll see many swastika sails