Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

In short please take funds away from Ari Aster and give them to Rob Zombie

Extreme poser opinion :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

not gonna lie, I can’t wait to tell someone to get buried

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

She walks in the woods had a cool rear end creature

I just watched this and I feel like that hour and twenty minutes would have been better spent repeatedly slamming my hand in a car door.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Thermite posted:

I saw Color Out of Space last night and goddamn what a movie. People were laughing at Cage’s performance but I thought it fit perfectly with the tone. The climax alone is worth the price of admission. Can’t wait to see what Stanley does next.

The Dunwich Horror!

I just saw it for the second time tonight, and for the most part I didn’t understand people laughing. I kind of understand people laughing at Cage, but there were also a lot of laughs at stuff like the mom/younger son fusion, which seemed more nervous than anything.

Movie was loving great, made me uncomfortable in the most Lovecraftian way.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

It sucks that he/they went with the song. I wish he hadn't because I'd rather discuss how good the movie is.

So do that. It’s fairly obscure trivia info, and from other posts here it sounds likely that 1) Varg won’t get any money from this, 2) Richard Stanley isn’t a secret Nazi, and 3) maybe the guy in charge of music isn’t up to date on his 90s black-metal lore.

Or should everybody involved in the selection of music for a film just always Google “has [artist] ever committed [any crime ever]?”

I think that quick scene of whatever alien planet we saw was one of the best shots in the movie, I want to see a whole goddamn planet full of mind-shattering cosmic horrors :cthulhu:

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

I would like to hear a statement from him on it, at least.

Yeah, for sure. I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt based on his interviews, but I would be interested in hearing his side. There’s got to be a lot of behind the scenes info we aren’t aware of.

MacheteZombie posted:

One of my favorite shots was Lavinia lighting up and the carving on her head glowing. All the forest shots were so drat pretty as well.

:hai:

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Decided to check out Feast before I saw anyones recs and jesus this is a mean fuckin movie. It has really good practical effects and the creatures are pretty cool looking but man, it just fuckin hates the characters and the viewer. There are sexual assault and disabled people jokes in like the first 5 minutes, the black guy dies immediately, and theres even an extended sequence where a woman is tied up and used as bait before a creature orally assaults her. Just fuckin :yikes: as much as possible

Even if it werent for the extremely problematic stuff, its mired by having a pretty unlikeable cast and the cinematography is firmly stuck in the early 2000's shaky cam which makes all of the action nauseating

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen it, but I thought Feast was a lot of fun. Incredibly mean-spirited, but fun.

Definitely check out Underwater. There were a lot of great underwater horror movies in the 80s that were brought up a while ago, most notably DeepStar Six and Leviathan. Deep Rising was pretty good. They all had some great creature designs.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Event Horizon. It's not actually a bad movie, in fact I like it. But conceptually it's just much cooler than the slightly better than a Sci Fi original quality of the film. I feel with some better production values and direction it would be a classic. I've been saying for years it could use a remake. Which is something I rarely want from any film.

Looks like you might be getting your wish

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

ruddiger posted:

Crosspost from the funny pics thread. Some good potential forum names in here.

gently caress yeah, I’ve been wanting to change my user name for a while

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

but who were you

:iiam:

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Shrecknet posted:

Underwater, the best horror movie in 2020
but The Lodge came out in 2020

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Amazing

For real though, Coherence fuckin owns

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Oh Jesus, this guy is awful

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

i dont wear my skin when i have sex

are you even old enough to have sex

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

COOL CORN posted:

Someone in animal crossing just said "hootie toot" and now I wanna watch the greasy strangler again

I still don’t know if I liked that movie or not

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

the_enduser posted:

Get this: A small new colony and research facility on the Antarctic coast stops communicating with the mainland. The overseeing Corporation sends in an investigative group along with a squad of Marines or Private Military group.

THE THINGS

I would watch the poo poo out of this

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

hey man, Kiss rocks :clint:

kiss sucks rear end

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

mike flanagan also sucks rear end

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

"Kiss sucks" says the dude with an Archer avatar

:captainpop:

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

WeaponX posted:

I’ve been through the depths of generic box art Amazon Prime and my god there is no bottom to that pit.

Lots of terrible anthologies. Also I found one that was an animated horror movie with witches and zombies and every character was a thinly veiled Barbie-esque fetishized lady and all of the dialogue was text to speech.

what movie is this

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

WeaponX posted:

Found it. The Digital Dead - Return of the Zombies

Feast your eyes on this beauty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQk6TGvNsKc

Holy poo poo it's worse than I remember, is this Second Life or something?

yessss

e: uploaded in 2018 and max resolution is 480p, I love everything about this

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Burkion posted:

If Bigfoot was here he'd be drowning in a sea of dongs

why hasn’t this thread been renamed yet

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

Turn your monitor off

:pusheen:

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

BisonDollah posted:

Talking of getting high I did acid and watched Beyond the Black Rainbow then Possessor last weekend, a cultured pairing.

I rewatched Possessor stoned out of my mind the other night, I can’t even imagine watching it on LSD

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Hannibal was great. The food stylist ran a blog that detailed all the work that went into the food on the show that was really cool, I’m pretty sure I found it through the forums.

http://janicepoonart.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2015-08-29T23:44:00-07:00&max-results=7&start=8&by-date=false

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

really wanna watch The Goat Annihilator

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Irony.or.Death posted:

I am pleased to report that 29 Needles has reached me safely as of this afternoon. It might take a little bit for me to fit the viewing into my schedule so there's no rush, but do we have any takers for the next spot in the Sisterhood yet? I haven't seen anyone else speaking up.

How do I get in on this?

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Irony.or.Death posted:

Just PM me a mailing address and I'll send it your way after I make time for my viewing. There might be a tattoo later, we're still feeling the Sisterhood out.

Word. Looking forward to my scrotum tattoo

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

dorium posted:

I just thought it was a pretty bad follow up to an ok first movie. like a bad mid-season finale for the walking dead.

I’ve seen something else described this way and I really hope it becomes more common

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Irony.or.Death posted:

It took a while but I am pleased to report that I just finished my viewing for the sisterhood. Eat My Ghastly rear end, I'll get the disc out to you early next week. It was an ordeal on the technical side - picture kept cutting out for a second or two at seemingly random times. I don't think it's a problem with the disc since I could pause or rewind to avoid missing anything, but still a pain. On top of that audio mixing is apparently still the most difficult thing in cinema.

But hey what good's an initiation rite if you don't put a little work into it? It's certainly an experience.

Protip for future recipients: there is a director's commentary track, for your second viewing.

oh poo poo yeah, looking forward to it

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Just grabbed 29 Needles outta my mailbox, hopefully gonna watch it tonight!

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

I watched 29 Needles last night. That was certainly… a movie. Where am I sending this off to next?

Got tickets to see the Green Knight this evening, I’m so excited

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Green Knight is a real slow burn, even for A24

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Pillowpants posted:

I will watch whatever you assign me and I can easily find. Movies are the only thing keeping me sane right now in pandemic hell

PM your address and I will send you the traveling copy of 29 Needles

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Burkion posted:

Whatever happened to that edit of The Thing 1982 and 2011 called The Things

I cannot find it anymore

this?

http://clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

mods delete this if im oversharing but gently caress it you guys are the closest thing i have to friends...my fiancee left me out of the blue and rather than break my sobriety I'm trying to stay positive and distract myself so ive decided to deep dive into hammer horror bc im sorely uneducated

sorry man, that’s brutal

dorium posted:

Watching the streaming version of The Thing in 4K and uh whew yes it’s definitely nice (even for streaming quality) but you can definitely see all the bones on this one. The clarity is stunning in the effects and you can really get a good look at the whole kit and kaboodle. For better or for worse. If you ever wondered what they were really burning in the dog pen, you’re about to find out. I don’t mind it, it still sells but it was definitely something I don’t remember seeing before. Even in the Shout! 4K Blu-Ray transfer. Oh and there’s a lot of wonderful colors in the goop. Every stretched slime trail between fingers, melting tendons and wet flesh. Excited to rewatch when the disc comes in.

I grabbed the 4K blu-ray of The Thing when it released a while back and it’s so fuckin good, made me appreciate the effects even more

does anyone else want this copy of 29 Needles? or whose was it originally so I can return it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Wet Tie Affair posted:

All right, I'm not the most active person here but I lurk well, and I'll step up and accept the 29 Needles.

one of us one of us