Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I'm not really sure what any of that means at the moment or how it effects me, but the advice is noted and I'll just keep them unless FFBEEquip tells me to make a SMTR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Dark Spirit Sol was a great pick up. He chewed through those Veritas like butter. Adam Jensen never asked for his enhancements but they're great, double mirage stack for everyone while sometimes providing a 100% fire debuff for the 2nd and 4th fights. Lucas 3t 75% mitigation was enough to let me take minimal damage combined with some buffs from Qin and Sylvie. Very nice and easy trial that didn't tax the only brain after the headache that is DV.

I'm really glad to see that FFBE Equip is still running strong and FFBE-Chain is back up and was updated through Squall last I checked so that was extremely helpful.

Rico turned out to be a great pickup for DV with his magnus fixed, and Elly came through as a solid magic chaining partner for a Dark Sol and Tetra Physalis.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Decided to toss a couple of tickets at the WOTV banner. 5 4* tickets later and I have Kitone. :toot:

I already have Raegan but it looks like she's a slightly higher damage unit and also chains AMOE so they'll work perfectly for (physical) DV fights, especially with Sylvie and MM Xon to help with imbue coverage. Sitting on 2 omniprisms atm. I was thinking of grabbing the current bundle but omniprisms seem to come up frequently enough to not worry about it and the only real use for them is collab units since you can UOC everyone else (and I have a lot of UOC to burn).

Dark Bahamut Fina is still a long ways off, right?

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

She should be, but who the gently caress knows with how early they’ve released some units

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Umm, why did I go from 350ish unit slots to 690? I still have all my gems so I didn’t drunk purchase them or anything.

E: Haven’t been keeping up with the game, just logging in for the bonuses for a month or so. Are any of the current banners worth dumping my tickets into? Is the Gilgamesh the same one that was limited time a few months ago when WOTV came out? Thought they didn’t redo limited time units.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jul 4, 2020

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Boris Galerkin posted:

Umm, why did I go from 350ish unit slots to 690? I still have all my gems so I didn’t drunk purchase them or anything.

E: Haven’t been keeping up with the game, just logging in for the bonuses for a month or so. Are any of the current banners worth dumping my tickets into? Is the Gilgamesh the same one that was limited time a few months ago when WOTV came out? Thought they didn’t redo limited time units.

The slots are a gift from Gumi. They occasionally, maybe about every year, hand out a bunch of slots to keep up with unit bloat.

Time limited units reappear but infrequently and usually when you least expect it like with the Collaboration fest a few weeks ago. Limited time units may come around again, but the rule is that they don't stay in the general pool.

I'm doing a terrible job saving for NV as I decided that I must have Gilgamesh this time and blew my whole wad of lapis from the past month + the world revist to get him, also cost an omni. Did two laps on the 12k and walked away with a Sterne, a Sweet Nichol and a bunch of garbage.

Probably have to whale for Type-0 and Vaan. Ugh. drat dark visions...

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jul 4, 2020

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Yeah they bumped up all of the inventory minimums by a few hundred or so each. The anniversary page has a full breakdown but the extra space is handy when you're a packrat like me who never gets rid of old&useless equipment/skills/etc.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Cool thanks. The unit slots are definitely appreciated.

Speaking of Gilgamesh, I just pulled one from the 250 lapis banner. Now I’m wondering if I should grind stories/the revisit quests to get his prism. I do have 2 omniprisms though and I wanted to buy that omniprism bundle.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Omni if you want, but he’s pretty unremarkable at this point

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

purkey posted:

Omni if you want, but he’s pretty unremarkable at this point

I'd recommend only omni'ing him if you also plan to drop STMR moogle on him, because that STMR is really, really strong.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I used Omniprism and STMR moog on Blue Gilgamesh when he came out and I don't regret it in that I have used that STMR in literally every party since, the whole time. That said, Nagi is way easier to get since you can actually just UOC her unit straight up still, and her STMR is the same except 40% atk/mag. That extra 20% is great, but worth considering if you aren't gunning for literal BIS and might have an easier route to a very similar, almost as strong item.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

4 tickets from Anniversary summon 2 gave me Epsilon Nichol #1, Odin Reagan #2, and Esther #11.

Too bad Odin Reagan showed the day DV ended, I would have used him.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jul 6, 2020

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Odin Raegan is the only 5* I’ve pulled from those tickets

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Swing and a miss on all 4 of the pulls. Ended on a 10 blue pull just for a little insult too.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
I got Radiant Lightning #2 on the last ticket from the last batch, and MM Xon #3 on this new batch. The latter is an instant UoC for the STMR, so that's nice.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I got another worthless bunny girl and Bahamut Fina which is ok at least

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Come on game, I just want a rare mod on these goddamn tiger claws.

e: at least I didn't go 0 for 40 on rainbows on these new tickets and pulled all of one rainbow: AC Tifa #1 :confuoot:

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jul 6, 2020

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Got 1 rainbow out of the 8 anniversary tickets I've got so far, and 10 yellows, and 69 blues.

To make matters worse, I wasn't paying attention to the DV announcement time and was using the game timer, which still had 5 hours left when the event suddenly ended and kicked me out. Yeah, I should have done it prior to last minute, but the event got interrupted and it has been a busy week. I finally had time yesterday evening, got working on it and was getting S/S+ on everything up until it kicked me out in the middle of the 9th fight, but that means I ended the event at like 480k points, just shy of the first UOC. Which sucks, but I feel like I was on track to get way more than just that even if I could only put in A/B point efforts on the last stage (and I don't know that that is the case, y'all, I was not struggling up to fight number 9 anyway). I'll never know though.

I hope next time it isn't interrupted by Gumi so they can try (and fail, this bugs me more than it should I guess but they interrupt the whole thing allegedly to fix it then it's back and pretty clearly not fixed, going by top scores) to deal w/ cheaters, and if it is, I hope when it comes back that the in-game information on the banner is consistently the same time zone instead of all of them except that one showing differently. All that said - I feel silly for not putting some time into the first or second DV now, I bet I could have done pretty well. But the party making is very time consuming, even with save/load having to get them configured for different stuff just takes a while.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jul 6, 2020

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

DV was a great concept that is/was once again ruined by awful monetization dreams. There's no reason why the individual rewards system and past events can't be thrown into another banner in the vortex. This game needs good content and letting people rerun DV a month later forever gives people something to do in the game and more importantly makes players feel good about power creep because then they can go back and improve their score in the events to reach those higher goals. Making the series banner events time limited, yeah that's fine because 99% of the time the equipment from them is garbage, with the occasional moogle charm that's better than most STMRs in the game. Things like DV though, this is the exact kind of content that should be readily available and have extremely high level rewards so players aren't just going to be able to max it out right now.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

You're right, this would have been a terrific Chamber of Visions or something like that. It'd be so good for players to have that in front of them rather than just inaccessible. So much work into making it and structuring the rewards, but one week each only. Bleh.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

DV was a great concept that is/was once again ruined by awful monetization dreams. There's no reason why the individual rewards system and past events can't be thrown into another banner in the vortex. This game needs good content and letting people rerun DV a month later forever gives people something to do in the game and more importantly makes players feel good about power creep because then they can go back and improve their score in the events to reach those higher goals. Making the series banner events time limited, yeah that's fine because 99% of the time the equipment from them is garbage, with the occasional moogle charm that's better than most STMRs in the game. Things like DV though, this is the exact kind of content that should be readily available and have extremely high level rewards so players aren't just going to be able to max it out right now.

They almost never rerun normal past events, so being able to run missed DV content to get the exchange currency you missed (or whatever else) is just not going to happen unless Gumi changes course. I forgot to run the original DV and Siren tower (among other events over the last 4 years) so I just can't get those rewards. Ever. I know it's to push activity and purchases through FOMO but for people like me it just erodes away the desire to play (and they long since burned any bridges to convince me to spend money).

FFRK got stale after awhile but they rerun old events like crazy (or used to).

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Type 0 started off bad but got good at the end:

Step 1 = nothing
Step 2 = Beloved Rem #1
Step 3 = Lunafreya #2
Step 4 = Nothing
Step 5 = Rem #2, Rem #3, Maritime Nichol #4, Myra #6

10% Ticket from step 4 = Wild Card Ace #1

Ace will get an omni and Rem will get a UoC because her STMR is amazing.

Fingers crossed for a XWQL off the tickets next Monday.

Then it's Vaan before NV.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jul 9, 2020

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

We still have a long while until Dark Bahamut Fina or Kuja, right? Thinking of tossing some tickets at the banner because my magic DPS options are awful (stuff like... CG Dark Fina and Mustang) and it makes DV fights not fun at all.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Neo Visions Doomsday Clock = t-14

Ace & Rem = NV14
Pone = NV11
Bahamut Dark Fina = NV10
Freedom Seeker Vaan = NV9
Reaper Kuja = NV5

Eiko = NV2

Evil Fluffy posted:

We still have a long while until Dark Bahamut Fina or Kuja, right? Thinking of tossing some tickets at the banner because my magic DPS options are awful (stuff like... CG Dark Fina and Mustang) and it makes DV fights not fun at all.

Honestly even with Bahamut Dark Fina's biggest numbers, Ace and Rem make DV much easier because you simply slot them into the place of your physical DPS and move your killers over.

Having to mash a good unit like Bahamut Dark Fina with one that does way less damage in order to make them chain is crippling. Ace and Rem are a great team but they'll also function as a good chainer with whomever else you've got because they can be imbued. So even if you need that Dark Fina to help complete your FFBE waifu collection, then it's still worth grabbing an Ace or a Rem so you have someone that's good to chain with her.

I am happy to grab both because gently caress having to chase down each upcoming mDPS because they have a specific element I need to work with someone else to get the most out of them.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

Ace and Rem are a great team but they'll also function as a good chainer with whomever else you've got because they can be imbued.

I forgot this was a thing for them, guess I'll dump some tickets and hope for the best. Hopefully I don't need to dip in to lapis being saved for the inevitable GLEX anniversary nonsense we'll likely get. Maybe they'll release a hybrid DPS so that that category has someone better than *checks notes* ...Levinson? :psyduck:

e: 6 4* tickets and 4 3* tickets got me the new Ace. :toot:
I guess all my gacha luck has been hiding in FFBE lately because it sure as hell isn't in Dokkan Battle. :v:

e2: I see there still isn't much in the way of TDW MAG stuff since I only have Fryevia and Morgana STMRs. No Christine or WOTV Gilgamesh STMRs. Sorta tempted to do the 25k lap on WOTV to grab Gilgamesh and his STMR but surely there is more TDW MAG gear/materia coming with future mages...?

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jul 9, 2020

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Rem's TMR is a stackable source of MagTDW. It's only 25% but also adds 30% MAG. It's pretty solid. If you don't have a Gilg or Nagi TMR.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Interesting, every time I attempt to open the game it crashes with in seconds on my phone. Awesome!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

After getting 3 rainbows off the 4 tickets from the first Anniversary thing, and 3 rainbows off 4 tickets from the second, my streak needed as my ticket pulls went:

1 gold 9 blues
10 blues
2 gold 8 blues
10 blues.

I can't complain too much because I already walked away with some rainbows but gently caress that's disappointing since this was the limited summon banner.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
I walked away with 2 rainbows on the first banner(Ifrit Rain #2 and AC Cloud #5), 2 from the second banner (Epsilon Nichol #1 and AC Cloud #6), and 0 (so far) from the third banner.
Not really holding out hope on that extra ticket in 6 days.

This anniversary has just been disappointing. I know there’s more to come over the next 2 months, but drat did it start with a whimper.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

So I picked up the $25 guaranteed pick, and now I'm deciding who to use it on.

Option 1: XWQL - has a unique gimmick. Damage options work with my new Ace & Rem. Nigh worthless TMR/STMR, will cost an Omni and possibly an STMR Moogle. Damage gimmick is unlikely to remain relevant with Rem and Ace around.

Option 2: Karten - Fairly worthless DPS unit at this point, could receive buffs in a few months at Halloween decent TMR, very good STMR. Would require an Omni and a STMR Moogle.

Option 3: Godrea - 100% pick just for the TMR as it has killer options while still adding high level ATK. Costs no Omni or STMR Moogle because neither is necessary.

Leaning option 3, but Karten's STMR is very tempting with item world still here and is more tempting with NV Tifa on the way.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Honestly with how Gumi has been with enhancements for the most part I wouldn't pick any limited unit unless their TMR was good. STMR would be too much of an investment and no guarantee for NV versions is a serious turnoff.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Got Ellisperis #3 and Esther #7.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

I really wouldn’t blow an STMR moogle on Xuan. His spirit is easy to cap as is

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I've been having garbage luck on pulls lately, been getting a slew of number 5s.

On previous ticket rounds I got
-CG Noctis #5
-PCecil #3

-Vanille #1

Today's tickets gave me.
Rivera #3
Malphasie #3
Karten #5
Godrea #5
MMXon #5

What in the Hell.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Honestly with how Gumi has been with enhancements for the most part I wouldn't pick any limited unit unless their TMR was good. STMR would be too much of an investment and no guarantee for NV versions is a serious turnoff.

Thanks for the input, I Think I'll wait until after the last ticket just to see how things shake out there, then grab Godrea.

I can't imagine them not releasing the NV units that have been released so far though simply because of how lazy the company generally is when it comes to making new content that wasn't in the JP version. You're right though, they could not release Tifa and just release NV Cloud to really try and force everyone to pull.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
Bahamut Fina next week, skipping more JP banners. Looks more and more like we're rushing to Neo Visions.

Once we get new content that requires NV, I think I'm out of this game.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Obviously we don't have any actual numbers, but I feel like rushing to NV is having a negative impact on spending and player retention.

And their answer is to rush even more.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Infected posted:

Obviously we don't have any actual numbers, but I feel like rushing to NV is having a negative impact on spending and player retention.

And their answer is to rush even more.

It's probably better to rush there faster, since the longer they delay it, the more players aren't going to spend on whatever comes in between outside of the whales that really care about having the best DV team.

I think it's probably going to be somewhat similar to 7* and Summon Fest. Obviously they can't really do anything about the timing but announcing a major meta shift in JP, in such a drastic way, is going to be something that has a large effect on the Global side. The downside is that because it's built around keeping the whales spending there's really no way for them to encourage other spenders.

Ultimately, it comes down to the poo poo communication that the company does because if they just announced right from the start that UoC tickets would be available, and later that UoCs could be used for summon fest prisms, people wouldn't get so discouraged and stick around. Clearly it seems like they thought they could get away with exploiting the player base and when it was clear people weren't spending as much, they changed their tune, and managed to bring some of the players back. Even I, willing to spend $100 or so on the game a month am looking at NV like "How the gently caress is this going to be fun for people who either haven't hoarded a million lapis or aren't willing to spend money?" I think it's kind of admirable that they want to put out a new level of chase unit that you can actually feel excited to see when you pull it, but dropping the rate back to 1% and making it a pain to grind out the materials for older units that are being bumped up is...discouraging.

I wish I could say that content was what keeps people around this game but honestly the good content in this game is so few and far between that it's actually pretty laughable when you think about it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its not even that you need lapis that much, a player thats been playing for a while will have the tickets and units to make old NV capable units into NVs and for the most part they've been as strong or even stronger than the new NV only units.

But a brand new player? They have to reset till they get a NV on the banner and maybe a few 7* capable unit to round the team with UoCs down the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its not even that you need lapis that much, a player thats been playing for a while will have the tickets and units to make old NV capable units into NVs and for the most part they've been as strong or even stronger than the new NV only units.

But a brand new player? They have to reset till they get a NV on the banner and maybe a few 7* capable unit to round the team with UoCs down the line.

Since you play JP, or at least follow it, have they made it easier to bump those older units up because it sounded like unless you were sitting on a stockpile of Tifas, your options for getting her to NV were that you had to spend real money on the mats or grind them out very slowly over ~3 weeks. Could you clarify a bit how it's all shaken out post launch.

Have they done anything to make the cards available past pulling an NV either? While the cards sounded like they're totally unnecessary, they were another layer that sounded like another system behind a paywall.