Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

newershadow
May 18, 2014
If you're in NA and haven't played in a while, this weekend has a godfest where you get a free roll with one of two new 8 star GFEs (the paired transforming robots).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Got the wrong robot. Guess I'll quit the game...

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I logged in for the first time in many months. I got Sea Wolf & Daytona. I feel bad I probably won't use them, because I'm just not playing anymore.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

dwarf74 posted:

I logged in for the first time in many months. I got Sea Wolf & Daytona. I feel bad I probably won't use them, because I'm just not playing anymore.

You should take it for a spin for the hell of it. It’s insanely broken and can clear so much (old) stuff you may not have cleared before.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

So what is a good seawolf daytona team composed of? It seems kinda tricky with the level restrictions.
Here’s my box.
https://imgur.com/a/gEDdZZ0

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

I've been using this. It's got a few JP only things, but it's still pretty useful.

It's from this post which has some good alternatives and general info.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/comments/12louc1/teambuilding_guide_for_wolf_daytona_royal_nautilus/

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Should I be using skill boost latents, and how do I speed up the transformation process or delay enemies to get it going? I’m not familiar with transforming leads.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Axetrain posted:

Should I be using skill boost latents, and how do I speed up the transformation process or delay enemies to get it going? I’m not familiar with transforming leads.

the two barriers are
1. getting enough skill boosts in your party to transform turn 1
2. having enough haste/delay/shield actives to do the second transformation before you die

the big eHP gain on the duo mechs require differing rarities in your party, and due to the fact that rarity increases as cards transform you probably won't hit that condition until your entire party is fully transformed.

some endgame content is aware of transforming leads and will have floor 1 vulnerable to delay, but it's not consistent, so I avoid packing that style of active in my team.

haste sources come from cards that haste on transform or haste equips on cards that don't transform. Top shelf equips will
1. Haste
2. Match the base card's role (cleric, absorb bust, etc)
3. Have a SB awakening
4. Have a hazard resist

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Ok this is the team I came up with and it has cleared the weekday arena dungeons I was having problems with. Just gotta stall for about 4 turns to get to the first transformation. I’m sure there are more optimal subs for a general purpose team though.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Axetrain posted:

Ok this is the team I came up with and it has cleared the weekday arena dungeons I was having problems with. Just gotta stall for about 4 turns to get to the first transformation. I’m sure there are more optimal subs for a general purpose team though.

No assists?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I don’t know which ones I should use🫤.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

equips with haste actives would help you transform right away. ideally you want at least enough sb to transfom on the first turn, then you can use haste to reach the third stage transformation before the enemies get a turn

it won't matter too much for most stuff but in harder dungeons, team hp awakenings will help a lot. you'll want a shield too. shotel is good for your lead in super gravity

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

And skill boosts.
You can get 4 skill boosts easily and have your transform ready to rock on turn 1 ;-)

-edit-
oops, manatee mentioned boost

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 06:26 on May 6, 2023

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Defiling myself and jumping back in with a fresh start. Yu-Gi-Oh collab worth rolling, or save 'em?

psilo
Oct 18, 2009

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Defiling myself and jumping back in with a fresh start. Yu-Gi-Oh collab worth rolling, or save 'em?

Well I guess most collabs are worth some rolls, if you haven't rolled before. Also if you need any help or anything, the goon pad discord is much more active than this thread.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
The amount of pazudora information on the net is confusing AIs
https://www.alignmentforum.org/posts/8viQEp8KBg2QSW4Yc/solidgoldmagikarp-iii-glitch-token-archaeology#The_Dragon_Cluster

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

That's loving great.
Even without playing in a while, I guess I'm so used to Puzzle And Dragons that every time they tried to describe it and called it "obscure" and pieced together information felt completely alien to me.

Also probably says something about how smart AI is that it connected Leilan to Ishtar and not the Four Guardians from Chinese mythology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

omg that's the pad wiki I used to help moderate

I did my part in the war against ChatGPT and didn't even know it.