Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Moon river, wider than a mile
I'm crossing you in style some day
Dream-maker, you old heart-breaker
Wherever you're goin', I'm goin' your way
Two drifters, off to see the world
There's such a lot of world to see
We're after the same rainbow's end, waiting 'round the bend
My huckleberry friend, moon river, and me
We're after the same rainbow's end, waiting 'round the bend
My huckleberry friend, moon river, and me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016
my cuckleberry friend

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

That is our word

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I didn't think he was going to do Moon River but then BAM--second encore!!

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

MD2020 posted:

I didn't think he was going to do Moon River but then BAM--second encore!!

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
People talk about huckleberries a lot but I don't think most people had one, but I have had them before, picked by refugee Hmongs in the mountains

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
They're purple

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
There aren't too many purple foods

Theyres like eggplants, blackberries, some grapes, and huckleberry

It's a very fruit dominated food color, maybe more than any other color wrt food

Sometimes kale is kinda purple

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
If watermelon was purple insude that would be one more kind of purple fruit to add to the list

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I'm your huckleberry.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

raton posted:

If watermelon was purple insude that would be one more kind of purple fruit to add to the list

:hai:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The Dennis System posted:

I'm your huckleberry.

Sometimes people said this to me irl and I want to ask them "Have you ever eaten a Huckleberry in real life I have, I have a lot of valuable experiences that people in this social circle don't know about, I'm actually very interesting and it would be great to include me in your activities sometimes!"

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Sometimes they will invite me to something but then I don't go because I don't think I can really add anything to their experience so it doesn't matter.

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

raton posted:

Sometimes they will invite me to something but then I don't go because I don't think I can really add anything to their experience so it doesn't matter.

ask them if they want you to be their huckleberry

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

raton posted:

It's a very fruit dominated food color, maybe more than any other color wrt food

Some carrots were purple until being changed to orange to support the Dutch.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Yeah, I like the moons over my hammy. What of it?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

MD2020 posted:

Some carrots were purple until being changed to orange to support the Dutch.

Oh yeah I got those before it was nice to see a purple carrot instead of an orange one, it tasted a little different but was obviously still a carrot

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
The dutch are okay in my book except they are there only kind of Scandi girl I didn't at least get to finger when I lived in Asia, so I think they are probably frigid

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.

raton posted:

Cabbage yams and potatoes can be purple

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

MisterFister posted:

Cabbage yams and potatoes can be purple

Hmm

The Okinawa yam is the purplest food I ever loving SEEN it's true

It's like dark purple neon in a yamskin

Not a lot of things are like dark purple neon in a yamski but they are

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
There's that one kind of snail thing that's got like a purple dot on its shell you can use on your toga

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
This song is beautiful.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEdPe1SxitI

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

op clearly forgot the best part of Breakfast at Tiffany's

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

raton posted:

Sometimes people said this to me irl and I want to ask them "Have you ever eaten a Huckleberry in real life I have, I have a lot of valuable experiences that people in this social circle don't know about, I'm actually very interesting and it would be great to include me in your activities sometimes!"

My understanding is that huckleberry is an old colloquial term for an undertaker which is why doc Holliday said it to the bad man in tombstone

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

raton posted:

People talk about huckleberries a lot but I don't think most people had one, but I have had them before, picked by refugee Hmongs in the mountains

You're mistaken. "Huckleberry friend" is referring to that N. Jim guy, who Huckleberry went rafting with.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
I don't recall the joke itself but my grandfather used to tell one that ended, "You dragged me out of bed at 3 a.m. just to hear some oval office sing moon river?" That was probably the least bad thing about him

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

BigBadSteve posted:

You're mistaken. "Huckleberry friend" is referring to that N. Jim guy, who Huckleberry went rafting with.

Northern Jim is a nice guy for rafting adventure

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

EX250 Type R posted:

My understanding is that huckleberry is an old colloquial term for an undertaker which is why doc Holliday said it to the bad man in tombstone

According to internet:

The phrase “a huckleberry over my persimmon” was used to mean “a bit beyond my abilities”. “I'm your huckleberry” is a way of saying that one is just the right person for a given job. The range of slang meanings of huckleberry in the 19th century was fairly large, also referring to significant persons or nice persons.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
yah, thats a song

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Sorry I only hang out at piss and poo poo river and doodoo and freaking kaka too, poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

JebanyPedal posted:

Sorry I only hang out at piss and poo poo river and doodoo and freaking kaka too, poo.

lol