Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the McMahons FINALLY being back in charge?
This poll is closed.
Oh thank God, FINALLY! It's been so long! 5 5.00%
Who? It's been so long I forgot who they are! 1 1.00%
Is Jack Tunney okay? 44 44.00%
.... THE BIG DOG! 50 50.00%
Total: 100 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The problems with raw is literally everything. It's the most joyless show on tv. Nothing unpredictable happens, matches mean nothing, no one is over. The fans don't care, the wrestlers are there to collect a check. The actual filming of the show is bad, the commentators are bad. The only good thing they have is the actual talent but because no one is over that means it doesn't matter as well. Raw is just bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I was thinking about when Kenny Omega finally won the title from Okada and how after it truly felt like something big had happened. Like it really felt like a changing of the guard. When is the last time you saw a title change in wwe and it felt like any kind of deal at all.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

TV Zombie posted:

Miz vs Ziggler, Title vs Career?

Lol no way.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

The Kimoa Kid posted:

This isn't a debate dude, numerous things objectively changed, knock it off with the lovely trolling.

What objectively changed?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

The Kimoa Kid posted:

The very first thing they did was to get rid of and mock the universally loathed on-screen heel GM, it wasn't even subtle. They bashed you over the head with it.

That literally does nothing. They set up and get rid of heel GM's all the time. Eric Bicschoff was literally thrown into trash. The show has still been lovely for over a decade.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

The Kimoa Kid posted:

You asked what changed and I answered. Stop shifting the goalposts. It's very very easy for you to say "OK, I was wrong." Try it.

That's a change in the literal script. We're talking about what in the scope of the actual show has changed.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

The Kimoa Kid posted:

See, why do you do this? Why can't we have a normal conversation? You guys asked for one example of a thing that changed and I mentioned the very first change that happened on the show. It wasn't an exhaustive list and it wasn't a suggestion that it's changed the company or the business forever. Why write this shitheel response when you could just say "OK" or nothing at all?

Because you're talking about a scripted story event, and not even an original one. They put in and take out heel GM's literally every year multiple times a year. Getting rid of the current mean GM is going to have no effect on the show one way or the other. The only way for them to objectively make the show better is to actually book proper feuds where people get over and not treat it's fans like morons.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Professor Funk posted:

Here's my argument that nothing changed on Raw:

A month ago, Raw was bad

Yesterday, after the McMahon announcement, Raw was bad

Raw has been bad for about 15 years at this point. Probably more honestly.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Professor Funk posted:

Great, that strengthens my argument, danke

Oh yeah i agree with you. I remember stopping watching in 05 and thinking raw was trash. I'd say raw now is way worst than 05 raw ever was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Midnightghoul posted:

Austin glass break level pop when Bryan announces he's going on Chapo

Bryan and Felix tag team baby.