Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the McMahons FINALLY being back in charge?
This poll is closed.
Oh thank God, FINALLY! It's been so long! 5 5.00%
Who? It's been so long I forgot who they are! 1 1.00%
Is Jack Tunney okay? 44 44.00%
.... THE BIG DOG! 50 50.00%
Total: 100 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you're going to be a bigot in wrestling at least have the courtesy to be a good wrestler imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I didn't watch but someone said Shane killed the rematch clause rule, which is good I guess.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My suggestion to fix Raw: Change Ronda's theme song to Get Rowdy and have R Truth sing her out every time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

2/3 of Kenny's title matches since he won have been with Cody, so I feel like the gap there is not quite as large as you might think.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Kimoa Kid posted:

When Michael Scott failed to pay those kids' tuition in Scott's Tots, did you expect Greg Daniels to appear on screen and make things right?

He did. He paid them all scale.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They got rid of the bad GM who kayfabe booked all the stuff people didn't like and replaced him with the people who actually booked all the stuff people didn't like.

How is this not getting through to you people?!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

There are moments that change the business forever. Wrestlemania taking WWE national and making household names of Vince's stars. Nitro launching directly into Raw's face and initiating a battle that would pull the business into its golden era. Baron Corbin being mildly taunted by the actual versions of his character.

Tamina and Nia in the royal rumble.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They also apparently got rid of the face GM Alexa Bliss so that cancels out anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She stood up to unprovoked bullying by Sasha and Bayley and punished the heels who attacked them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

Yes. Have them win a bunch and be good because they're good wrestlers. But, spoilers for next week, they're literally going right back into feuding with Riott Squad, so don't get your hopes up.

You can't be sure of that.

The beatdown could be permanent and Sasha and Bayley become kayfabe dead and never wrestle again.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kendrick is back to his Spanky look on this week's 205 Live, instead of his long haired Dickie Bennett he'd been doing for years.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WWE main roster MOTYC.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

D.N. Nation posted:

The only 2018 NXT match the Charlotte/Becky LWS match isn't better than is Gargano/Almas

Then why doesn't it have 5 stars?

Checkmate nerd.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In the same report about Shane's heel turn being canceled they said that Alexa as an authority figure seems to be done too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It also really shows how much of Alicia's character is how she carries herself and body language stuff.

When she's just sitting there watching a video she seems like a completely different person.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lid posted:

But this means neither of them can win the rumble...

It means a lovely finish where Becky gets screwed somehow, but then shows up in the Rumble to a huge pop.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

Or it could mean Becky loses clean but in a protected fashion (passes out in the Asuka Lock), and just enters the Rumble later on in the evening anyways. I wouldn't rule out Carmella being jumped before she comes out and Becky taking her spot.

'Asuka getting a clean win.' Good one.

Where do you come up with this stuff man?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

Considering Vince is largely behind Asuka right now, its not unrealistic.

And people seem to forget that WWE has no problem having people lose clean before getting big victories at PPVs. See Roman Reigns losing to Bobby Lashley but then winning the title at Summerslam.

The tone of those reports said "Vince cannot understand how audiences still give a gently caress about Asuka but is throwing them a bone here."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

I can't speak for others here but almost every time I've done pick-ems I picked what I expected WWE to be dumb enough to do

lol I'm in 5th place, it's working at least :woop:

Yeah it's a prediction game, not fantasy booking.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bradzilla posted:

Has there been a women's elimination chamber match? If not, I see Becky winning that to make a triple threat Ronda/Charlotte/Becky to main event mania.

Yes, Raw did one.

Sasha betrayed Bayley for absolutely no gain and they both lost to Alexa.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That was probably the first one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

I immediately recognized it, so I don't think so. I guess it could've been her first one not on Talking Smack?

Yeah but nobody watched Talking Smack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you think the Man thing is overdone you’re probably on Twitter too much. There’s only been like 5 Smackdown with Becky on them since it started.