Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
I've been online for about 20 years and seen a lot of :gonk: poo poo. But for the first time ever, I've encountered a person that is scaring me to the point that I want to report her to the police (or something), but I have no idea what to do.

This person is a celebrity stalker who is not stalking the celebrity himself, but his wife. She is obsessed with her, hates her, slanders her anywhere she can, and is actively trying to get them divorced. She collects and shares private photos and addresses. They've looked up information on the wife's known family members and their history, and has even left harassing comments on family members' Facebook and Instagram accounts.

This has been going on for months, maybe a year. She's admitted to contacting trash celebrity gossip websites with "tips" about his wife and their baby, and even got a few published. This stalker has a zillion alt accounts and sometimes gets banned on the sites she uses, but usually re-appears with a new account. She posts a lot to 4plebs/4chan since that's a toxic garbage dump where she fits in.

Why do I care? It's all very creepy and beyond the average trash talk I'm used to seeing online. This stalker continually shits up a reddit sub about the actor and mods won't/can't get rid of her (why? reddit sucks I guess), making it an uncomfortable, unhappy place for fans. Other fans are aware of and not tolerant of the stalker and we share info on her (I'm not watching her 24/7).

And before anyone says I'm being a white knight for a privileged actor I'll never meet, I must say that this isn't even about the actor anymore. At first I enjoyed watching this stalker with morbid fascination, like people often do with internet weirdos, but it got old fast, especially since the stalking is relentless and getting serious. I'm exasperated and it's just about her now. :arghfist::stare:

I can post more details upon request, but I don't want to open the rabbit hole just yet. This post is long enough already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveSauce
Feb 15, 2004

Oh, how awkward.
FBI? https://www.fbi.gov/tips

Not sure if this would be under their jurisdiction or not, but worth a shot.

Maybe if you know where the celebrity lives, you can contact their local PD's non-emergency number. I'm assuming it's in the Hollywood-ish area, so they probably deal with stalker cases all the time.

Or can you contact that celebrity? Either directly or indirectly... I'm sure their website/facebook has contact information that'll go to them or their agent (or an intern or something). Give them the necessary info and let them take it from there since it's their life and all.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
People who stalk stalkers are even more creepy.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I suspect the celebrity in question is already aware of the situation (especially if family members have been harassed) and may well have already discussed it with authorities, as far as actual stalking is concerned, if you are really that worried send an email to their agent/management with whatever details you have. i doubt anyones going to care about some subreddit being shat up though

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

Earwicker posted:

I suspect the celebrity in question is already aware of the situation (especially if family members have been harassed) and may well have already discussed it with authorities, as far as actual stalking is concerned, if you are really that worried send an email to their agent/management with whatever details you have. i doubt anyones going to care about some subreddit being shat up though

That's what I figured. I think I know what agency the actor is with, so I'll contact them. I've never done anything like that before, so I wasn't sure if I should or not.
As for reddit drama, it's just a personal motivation. The stalker's not threatening me (yet) but she is annoying as gently caress and I and others have had it with her poo poo.

fist4jesus posted:

People who stalk stalkers are even more creepy.

I love irony.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Doesn’t seem wise to involve yourself in somebody else’s business especially if there could be legal implications.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Don't listen to the above poster, call the FBI and let them know what's up.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

quote:

I've encountered a vile celebrity stalker online.
cops already know about shia labeouf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
we have all stalked here and there in our youth it's all in good fun. Cut the stalker a break for once.