Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Rody One Half posted:

Woolie has never ever admitted to being wrong about anything

This is the guy who crafted race theories about Japanese people just to avoid admitting he was wrong about the setting of a loving puzzle game.

Dabir posted:

when was this?

A Catherine LP before the breakup, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Yeah the Catherine LP is Peak All of Woolie's Brain goblins.

The relationship questions, the doubling then tripling down on being wrong about the setting, and just his whole reaction to Katherine (Correctly) being disappointed with Vincent. It's a lot of psychology on display.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Dec 30, 2020

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah the Catherine LP is Peak All of Woolie's Brain goblins.

The relationship questions, the doubling then tripling down on being wrong about the setting, and just his hole reaction to Katherine (Correctly) being disappointed with Vincent. It's a lot of psychology on display.

There's a reason "everything is chemicals" became the go-to woolie dunk in the twilight years of SBFP

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The post proposal podcast where everyone and God truncheoned him with THE CHEMICALS WON!!!! was pretty good

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Speaking of Goblins :suicide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlBtkkFjNPI

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pat is right about Rare only making two good games.

He's just wrong about which ones (Viva pinata 1 and 2 are the good ones)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Two good games and just amazing, fantastic, work for the furry community.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 30, 2020

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I wish we would get a Viva Pinata 3. ._.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The first hour of the cast being Woolie's religion power hour is one of my favorite parts of the podcast, I could listen to woolie talk about religion for ages.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Andrast posted:

Pat is right about Rare only making two good games.

He's just wrong about which ones (Viva pinata 1 and 2 are the good ones)
Facts.

Captain Invictus posted:

The first hour of the cast being Woolie's religion power hour is one of my favorite parts of the podcast, I could listen to woolie talk about religion for ages.
Woolie... never *really* left church, did he? In some ways, he still thinks and argues like a fundie?

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I think one of the most annoying things is everyone calling literally every word out of Pats mouth a bit or crazy or doubling down when like 90% of the time it's a completely reasonable opinion and usually something I agree with. And this Rare thing is like, the absolute Peak of people just being completely insane about the idea that a person can have the audacity to dislike several pieces of mediocre media.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Woolie's understanding of Constantine seems loos

E: also GoldenEye and PD are bad too Pat, but yes Rare was a broadly bad developer.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Dec 31, 2020

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I think one of the most annoying things is everyone calling literally every word out of Pats mouth a bit or crazy or doubling down when like 90% of the time it's a completely reasonable opinion and usually something I agree with. And this Rare thing is like, the absolute Peak of people just being completely insane about the idea that a person can have the audacity to dislike several pieces of mediocre media.

i respect pat tremendously, and i mean this, for not really letting that get to him ever. unless you count his intentionally doubling down on dumb poo poo to mess with those people as 'getting to him'

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Pat is wrong, and that's ok.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
At least Pat's wrong takes are just Video Game Opinions and he's usually correct on stuff that actually matters.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Actually it's weird I'm jumping on this hill because I remember liking a couple Rare games, it's just kinda the smallest straw breaking the camels back. But there has been definitely multiple times fairly recently even when Pats been correctly criticizing some bad or hosed up game industry thing and then he uses the smallest amount of hyperbola or an analogy that's dead on or slightly exaggerated and suddenly Woolie or the comment section are like "oh Pats Patting apatgain." Or even with like, personal taste stuff. "Man the movement in that game was just kinda stiff in a way I didn't like " Oh Pat next bit lmao.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
*immediately after explaining how the worms in his brain makes him unable to enjoy games with collectathon elements even as mild as celeste's*

"I don't like rare games."

Oh. WEIRD!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
His nonsense dogging on the dkc soundtrack is absolutely pat being pat tho

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpdP2rbrz9Q

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Captain Invictus posted:

He backed down on that one at least.

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1344304384553971712

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1344309860683411457

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Dec 31, 2020

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pat's opinions aren't the problem. It's his pat way of "it sucks, you're a bad person if you like it and everyone is stupid and should die" that got even woolie tired of the bit for the last few weeks.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Rody One Half posted:

Woolie's understanding of Constantine seems loos

E: also GoldenEye and PD are bad too Pat, but yes Rare was a broadly bad developer.

I can't listen to that part bc I know woolie knows <0 about history

Gonna make me angry

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

when woolie said that catholics aren't christians during the original blasphemous review that's when i knew he was insanely dumb and refused to learn anything beyond his personal experience

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Tae posted:

Pat's opinions aren't the problem. It's his pat way of "it sucks, you're a bad person if you like it and everyone is stupid and should die" that got even woolie tired of the bit for the last few weeks.

You know in retrospect it's pretty surprising that Matt was the one that turned out to be a secret goon.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Was it secret? He used to post semi-regularly in the Best Friends threads, though I think goons inevitably chased him away by being goons.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

No, I mean that Matt was the one who had an account here, even though Pat basically acts like the stereotypical goon.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

This star wars segment is like

I know what they're trying to say but it's in a very dumb way. Like the notion that ANY Star Wars isn't made by The Company, much less money filled tv show The Mandalorian. Also talking about how they want analysis and deconstruction then immediately lumping LAST JEDI with Rise.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Rody One Half posted:

This star wars segment is like

I know what they're trying to say but it's in a very dumb way. Like the notion that ANY Star Wars isn't made by The Company, much less money filled tv show The Mandalorian. Also talking about how they want analysis and deconstruction then immediately lumping LAST JEDI with Rise.

No not like that. We want deconstruction and new things that follow traditional story structures and reaffirms the things we like

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Tae posted:

When has he ever said someone was a bad person for liking something, and especially that they should die? That sounds like serious projection.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Somewhat related, but there's absolutely times when the conversation is going in circles too much, or someone (usually pat) has a take so lovely, or the topic just has negative interest to me, and i'll just skip ahead because these podcasts are huge units. In that regards, has Woolie talked about Korra book 3? I feel like I might've skipped out of that by accident at some point, but he could just be busy enough to not have gotten to it yet.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Woolie at his worst makes me roll my eyes and move on. Pat at his worst makes me want to shake him while screaming “just let woolie talk about the darth Vader comic he read during his week you stupid loving idiot”

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Yeah but are dragons a Chinese or Japanese thing?

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Roobanguy posted:

Woolie at his worst makes me roll my eyes and move on. Pat at his worst makes me want to shake him while screaming “just let woolie talk about the darth Vader comic he read during his week you stupid loving idiot”

I mean, Woolie at his worst was him defending Noel Brown, which none of Pat's takes could ever top.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Kay Kessler posted:

I mean, Woolie at his worst was him defending Noel Brown, which none of Pat's takes could ever top.

Who?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
abusive FGC guy who beat his girlfriend among other things

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

abusive FGC guy who beat his girlfriend among other things

Ah, yeah that's pretty bad then.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm loving the Woolie and Reggie Demon's Souls.

Reggie is a treasure and Woolie is loving every minute of this.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Kay Kessler posted:

When has he ever said someone was a bad person for liking something, and especially that they should die? That sounds like serious projection.

Tae is obviously being hyperbolic. :rolleyes:

Topical, since the point is that Pat has a terrible habit of being hyperbolic on his opinions to the point where he basically invites people to call him crazy. He could have just said "I'm not super big on most of Rare's games/music" and most people would have been fine with it. Instead he has to go "Most of Rare's games were poo poo and their music was clown car circus garbage", and that's never gonna go over well for almost any subject.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Smoking Crow posted:

when woolie said that catholics aren't christians

Excuse me what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Szmitten posted:

Excuse me what