Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Doesn't Zubaz still technically belong to Capcom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Krazyface posted:

I remember when that pic in the OP first appeared, and there was this really detailed effortpost on Reddit or wherever "proving" he's like 3'8".

:allears:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Basically Pat and Woolie were super good friends for a long time. Matt tried to get Woolie in on a Kirby video and Woolie wasn't able to but "Hey I know a guy" and roped Pat into it instead and that's where that started.

I mean probably well known but Woolie really was the core of the group even from day one.

Woolie has already been the backbone of the Best Friends. He's always felt like the guy doing the majority of the work to me, next to Matt, and probably even more so since Liam left and Matt lost interest.

I can't imagine the channel having lasted this long if Woolie wasn't a member of the group.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

At the very, very least he's the one who kept fisticuffs and the podcast running. Both would've died in ten weeks tops.

He did all the insane package pick-ups for the mailbags too, and I’m pretty sure he was in charge of the social media for a while.

Dude’s a hard as hell worker.

EDIT: He’s the one that typed up the apology when the ‘nothing sword’ incident happened with the mailbag, too.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Dec 23, 2018

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Fate is just a ripoff of Kamen Rider Ryuki and Tsukihime is the better Type-Moon property. :colbert:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Motto posted:

That's madoka, FSN was inspired by something that the mobile game got in sorta-but-not-really hot water for modeling even more heavily.

Fate definitely draws inspiration from Ryuki too. Ryuki was the Rider series before Fate's release (and was one of the more popular ones from that era) and the stories are incredibly similar to each other.

What is it that you're talking about?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Roth posted:

The pacing of Woolie's 7th Stand User LP is like KOTOR but 20 times slower.

It's taken an hour to get through 15ish minutes of mostly text gameplay.

At this point I'm just going to consider this a JoJo podcast with bonus gameplay sometimes.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

MaxDuo posted:

I always thought the appealing thing about Pat was that he doesn't seem like a real person. Randomly this morning I remembered when Pat told a story about how he saw a bug (which turned out to be some harmless beetle) in his apartment and literally threw away every single food item he had... including frozen and canned foods. I still wish they made a video of how he gets into the bed. If only for how Matt and Woolie were dying at one point and saying something about Pat being like a spinning starfish getting into his bed????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzA5YC-HlAY

They actually did make a video of him getting into bed once but I can't find it. Maybe it was a podcast video?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Brightman posted:

This is a weird spot to be in, like I want to watch that, but spoilers for new poo poo? I've played the original like...over a dozen times, I dunno, so it's not like that's a big thing probably, but also the angry half-man got me to buy AC7 and I was gonna play more of that tonight (side-note: I really hate how similar the nations' names are in that, I'm not even 100% on who I'm fighting for yet).

Krazyface posted:

Thought you meant AC: Odyssey for a second, how hard could "Athens" and "Sparta" be?

I'm brain farting. If AC7 isn't Assassin's Creed, what is it?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

ConanThe3rd posted:

Man that last podcast was some three solid hours of Woolie just letting the last few months of tension rip, huh?

Uh oh. What happened?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

HoboTech posted:

This past week I realized I haven't actually watched content from any of them since the split. Never cared much for Liam, Matt is fine but I agree that he needs someone else there, Pat's streams just make me want to fall asleep (and I'm not watching his stuff with Paige), and while Woolie's channel is the stuff I'll eventually catch up on I still don't have a huge urge to go watch it right away. I just can't get excited over top 10 lists or solo streams.

I will definitely stick with WWFIO and CSB, though. WWFIO is great inspiration to work on personal projects, and CSB occasionally gives glimpses of what it could be (once was?).

I don't know, it's kind of a bummer.

I'm in the same boat. WWFIO and CSB are great, but I'm not big on streams and the stuff on their Youtube channels just hasn't pulled me in.

I like all of the Best Friends, but I guess I'm just more of a fan of the Best Friends and not of them solo (with a couple exceptions here and there).

(Woolie should totally do more Tablelords stuff at some point.)

Blockhouse posted:

that bit during one of the Dark Souls 2 DLCs where Woolie and Pat get legit angry at each other is probably one of the more uncomfortable moments on the channel

Do you remember what DLC/video this was?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Roth posted:

What I'm wary of is people going "It's Japan" as if the West is significantly better.

A Japanese developer gave us The Missing. I can't even think of a single playable trans protagonist from a western release.

One of the playable characters in Technobablyon is trans. In fact, the game has a decent number of LGBT characters in general and handles them extremely well.

http://cliqist.com/2015/06/22/lgbt-influences-technobabylon/

(Technobabylon, btw, is incredibly good and worth checking out if you like point-and-click adventures.)

Tae posted:

There probably is, you haven't heard of it cause it's a small indie game like The Missing.

Yeah, pretty much.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dias posted:

Sylvando is just coded gay via his flamboyant act, that's already its own issue right there. FF has never had any LGBTQ representation IIRC (is there anything like that in FFXV?), and Nintendo doesn't even touch the stuff. Hell, they didn't even wanna deal with the Bowsettegate.

Apparently there's some trans stuff in Mother 3 that's not handled too well, from my understanding, which is a (presumably) part of the reason it never got localized in the West.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Or you can not flood people's Youtube feeds. That's an idea. :v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Your Parents posted:

what in the world is wrong with you people. the most toxic and entitled fans in the world itt. pat woolie and matt must do EXACTLY WHAT I LIKE and NOTHING ELSE or they're loving DEAD to me.

Or maybe people just don't want their youtube feeds being flooded by twenty videos at once (plus the DMC5 videos Pat uploaded from his stream today also)?

It's not being toxic and entitled if you're, y'know, unsubbing to get them out of the way so that you can see other people's videos.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

nobody plays fromsoft games for the narrative

*raises hand*

That's one of the reasons I play them.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqrj5Ggutv4

"Simpsons Reference" is a wonderful name here. :allears:

The opening animation is really fun too.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Nicalis is such a lovely publisher.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

nicalis basically built their whole studio on a half assed console port of the original masterpiece solo dev indie game (cave story) so im willing to believe any negative stories about them bc im still mad about their lovely soundtrack remixes

They built their whole studio on a half-assed console port of Cave Story and then basically strong-armed the game away from Pixel to the point where he doesn't even like talking about it anymore. gently caress 'em. :argh:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

ConanThe3rd posted:

Wait, Card made even more of that series that someone read?

There are nineteen books in the Enderverse, a short story collection, and then a bunch of short stories published on his website and other various places.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

u really should......its one of the worst shows ever made. worse than heroes

Nothing is worse than Heroes.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Barent posted:

I really wonder if Woolie means he watched the Tsukihime anime or played the vn

Had to have been the VN. It's hard to watch something that doesn't exist, you know?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Liam and Pat had an ongoing bet, with Liam on the side of ‘PSO2 is coming west soon’ and Pat on the side of ‘you’re crazy hurry up and give me my money’.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

Violent J's daughter is a furry yeah, there was a bunch of cute pictures of them going to a convention together pretty recently, both in costume.

Don't forget when they made a video calling out the lovely quality of the first costume he bought for his daughter. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNSBIMLs96M

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Roach Warehouse posted:

So in Sonic 06, I think Rouge giving Omega an emerald, so that he can use his robot immortality to shut down for years(?) until he gets to the future and gives it to Shadow is legitimately a cool idea.

But then they just take Mephiles’ portal instead of using chaos control. So it doesn’t really pay off, which is disappointing.

Chrono Trigger had a more interesting take on that anyway.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Andrast posted:

It's a shame but I don't really like any of the ex-SBF stuff from any of them aside from the rare collaboration

They're a group that produces better content as a team than they do solo, which is kind of a shame considering how everything turned out. :smith:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Pat would just rather stream. He doesn't like more structured and edited stuff.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I have no idea what Woolie's doing nowadays or how much time he has to devote to videos but in years past it felt like he'd spend way too long thinking about things instead of doing them, and in the event that he'd finally do them but they didn't immediately take off in the precise manner he imagined he'd lose motivation and stop.

This was basically the entire point of Woolie Will Figure It Out. That's the one thing from post-breakup SBFP that I've really enjoyed. I hope he ends up continuing it at some point.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Even the self-deprecating jokes they'd make about Fighterpedia were weird because that show got insane views for what it was and it's hard to imagine what they're disappointed about.

Early installment weirdness I guess. It's so different than most of what came later with SBFP and what they preferred to do that I guess they just didn't like it as much as the fans did.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

I've been rewatching old Shitstorms and there's a lot of bits in Shitstorm 7 that, in hindsight, were pretty heavily foreshadowing the whole thing being close to imploding. The Visage video is practically forty minutes of Matt and Pat being legit annoyed at each other.

I've been rewatching their DS3 playthrough, and while I still think they have great chemistry together, holy poo poo there's some moments that in hindsight you can just feel the break-up starting to form.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

No, that playthrough stood out as egregious. Pat deliberately 'broke' one of their biggest LPs of the year by being a selfish idiot.

He didn't even break it. Even with his being huge, he still gets caught in obvious traps and gets his rear end kicked and dies a bunch.

The problem with the LP is his insisting on lore facts that are incredibly obviously wrong and Matt ends up calling him out at one point on it. Even ignoring that, you can tell Matt doesn't want to be there for much of the LP, and the other two are constantly talking over him during the whole thing.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I would rather Pat try League than Woolie, at least. Pat will probably try out a variety of different champions and roles.

Woolie would just pick Yasuo every game. :argh:

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I'm just glad that Koji productions has determined that Pat is the greatest Death Stranding player in this world and the next.

They did what now?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Do DOTA and LoL have the same problem with Smite with 'I can make this champion/hero/god whatever work in this role because I saw a pro player do it?'

For LoL, absolutely. All it takes is one pro player using a bad champion and doing well / using a champion in a role they're not suited for and suddenly every jackass in the world thinks they can do it. :argh:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Tae posted:

Woolie's having another crisis, he was going on a self-reflection to sacrifice money because he wants his language he can't understand

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Pretty sure he did a Teen Titans one with an underage Raven, too.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

YO WOOLIE MADE IT INTO A FIGHTING GAME

LET'S loving GO

https://twitter.com/hero_versus/status/1238252449628065792

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

It's on Steam and Switch too apparently, or at least planned for them.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

What DOES Uno have to do with Prop Hunt?

(Also what's Prop Hunt? :v:)

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

this is prophunt

prophunt was the best tf2 mod, the ways you could troll people as a prop were glorious

sirtommygunn posted:

Basically video game hide and seek where everyone who isn't 'it' has a character model that looks like a prop, such as a tree or computer.

...so what's the connection to UNO? :v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Only ten people are allowed to be ok at video games at a time on youtube. Everyone else is gamegrumps.

Are the Game Grumps still completely terrible at everything? I haven't watched them since the Jontron days when they played Naughty Bear, ignored all the tutorials, and then complained they had no idea what to do. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

I just want you guys to note that woolie literally put a Naruto quote as his high school yearbook photo quote so loooolll you can sense the death of his soul.

Which quote?