Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Grouchio posted:

Is Woolie gonna be okay? :ohdear:

He'll figure it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

ConanThe3rd posted:

Is It me or is Plauge really crap at listening?
He keeps picking up details wrong on Figure it out.

He has that internet disease where you think you're smarter than people when you're actually just a bad listener

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

RareAcumen posted:

God drat Fire Emblems using the most common weapon since gun was invented

Yeah it loving sucks that out of 7 characters from the franchise there are no axes, lances or bows.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Andrast posted:

Lords generally use swords, which is why get the sword dudes as FE representatives

There are like 600 different characters in FE, they could have found a spear and an axe

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Andrast posted:

Yeah but those generally aren't the main characters.

The main(?) lady in Three Houses seems to be an axe user though so there's hope

Smash has a lot of non-main characters in the roster though

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

beep by grandpa posted:

I haven't listened to a full ep but all the clips I've listened to of castle super beast that Woolie has been publishing have had so much energy behind them. I really dig it. What do you guys think of the new podcast?

Basically the same as it used to be but with no Matt and a few more plugs for their channels

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
In 10 years Woolie will be doing redbull sponsored extreme sports stunts, Matt will be CEO of Capcom and Pat will be 7 feet tall

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

CJacobs posted:

Please buy RE2Make, they got rid of the spiders and replaced them with something else which is arguably more creative and fitting, and you absolutely should support such business practices.

I cannot in good faith support anything that does not include spiders, sorry.

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jan 26, 2019

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

There's a reason even the remakes moved away from old RE style stuff.

They really didn't

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Neo_Crimson posted:

Yeeeah, I think I'm gonna be skipping the podcast this week.

It's fine

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
You know there's a whole thread for posting about giantbomb in

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Rhonne posted:

Yeah, but that thread is bad.

Well duh, just look at the giantbomb posts itt

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
1. Respawn is now the Apex company

2. If Apex doesn't manage to keep it's current player numbers then Respawn will be dead before the end of the year.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
It doesn't matter because kingdom hearts is garbage

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Toby shows up in that ending the same age he is in game and since he's a decade younger than the rest of the cast it does not take place in the gently caress ing past. The people trying to sell you that are dupshits desperate to explain away the Same kind of gross writing the author has put out over the last 15 years.

Yeah for real, Erica was handled incredibly poorly in the original and I do not believe for a single second that they've improved their handling of her at all. Nothing has gotten better.

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Feb 18, 2019

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Serious question, how culturally universal is the concept of dead-naming for trans individuals? I genuinely don't know and am curious if its a concept thats treated the same in Japan trans communities as it is here.

Uh, extremely? It should be pretty obvious why

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Mel Mudkiper posted:

We should probably see how it gets translated imho

It'll be loving bad no matter how it's translated

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Your Parents posted:

you are though. you're literally quoting a post that says "actually in the real dialogue they call erica an angel"

Yeah, after she's magically prevented from transitioning you loving idiot, how are you not understand how transphobic this poo poo is

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

She's not prevented from doing it. There's no magical spell that makes Erica incapable of the transition. It's frustrating and lovely that they felt the need to show it but don't write in plot points that aren't there.

Goin back in time and making it so that she doesn't transition literally is preventing her from transitioning via magic.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm being very literal in that they go back in time and Erica hasn't transitioned yet but she still can. There is no implications that anything can stop her from going through with it here too. It just hasn't happened yet (if it happens at all)

Serious question: are you actually this loving stupid

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
During the course of the entire game there's constant "jokes" about her "actually" being a man and the new ending ends with her living as a man and the director is a notorious bigot but don't worry, "she could still transition". Nothing about the ending implies that she's still trans or will transition in the future! Just because the possibility hasn't been explicitly eliminated doesn't mean that that's the intended reading.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Your Parents posted:

if anything its in bad taste because its supposed to be a tragedy fake out. you see erica standing there in boymode and go oh gently caress its not a good ending after all and then she has dialogue that lets you know everything is going to be fine.

Cool, except it doesn't do that at all actually

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Your Parents posted:

it sounds like thats exactly what it does, by all accounts.

It doesn't.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

gently caress off.

I literally said it was bad and I did not like it or agree with it. All I was trying to say is that people should have a clear idea of what actually happens in the ending as actual fake spoilers have been floating around trying to make it even worse than it actually is, or making it better.

Catherine at no point attacks Erica. Erica at no point thanks Catherine for preventing the change or says that her life is better now that it hasn't happened. These things do not happen and I saw it getting parroted around as if it was true. I think it's important to get mad at it.
That the writer should be shamed. But I think he should be shamed and fired for what's actually there.

I didn't say any of that poo poo. I said she was prevented from transitioning. She was. That is what happens in the new ending.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I'm pretty sure patreon lets you hide how much you're actually getting

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Dias posted:

I mean, he kinda is, Small Goku has the Power Pole and at least looks distinctive.

The currently revealed moveset is nearly identical to the other Gokus outside of using the pole instead of ki blasts

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Also, Randy awkwardly did a magic trick for about ten to fifteen minutes in the middle of it. The camera crew hosed him over by doing a shot that revealed the deck of cards was all copies of the card that he was going to magically pick.

lol get hosed Randy

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Rwby sucks so i don't see an issue

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Warbird posted:

What’s the whole deal
With that game Matt was working on/producing/whatever? Has anyone actually played it or given impressions on it?

The Takeover? All the impressions I've seen have been positive so far

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Dishonored 1 also originally didn't have any non-lethal options at all, they were only added after playtesting because people kept expecting them

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Neo_Crimson posted:

The 10% of the time Death of the Author is valid is specifically for throwing bigoted poo poo back at the author, yes.

Like reading Ender as gay in Ender's Game to spite Orson Scott Card's homophobic rear end.

You do not understand what death of the author is much less how it is used.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Man i have no loving idea whatsoever what Woolie is trying to argue in the podcast segment about crunch, dude is taking like a dozen contradictory positions

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Mel Mudkiper posted:

My big frustration was that Woolie spread the myth that fair labor would make an iPhone cost 2000 dollars and not like, 20 dollars more.

Yeah seriously he gets so close to realizing that these companies suck and capitalism is bad and then swerves right into gushing about how jeff amazon and tim apple are so smart

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Grouchio posted:

It's bad to generalize all companies and capitalists as equally terrible; some are better than others at PR. Some CEOs are nobler in views and/or goals than others. It's why we don't poo poo on Platinum like we poo poo on EA.

Go lick boots somewhere else

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is it just under the WoolieVs banner, or..?

Get into fighting games on woolievs, yes

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Im still kinda stunned a dude thought "Look at how big his number is" is not the funniest summary of DB ever

The Broly movie specifically makes the numbers irrelevant, get outta here

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Oxyclean posted:

Valve just trademarked something called "Dota Underlords" and while dota is not very relevant to the guys, the word "Underlords" feels very Pat and Woolie.

Reminds me of Basement Kings

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Dias posted:

gog doesn't get any respect because it's called gog

lol gog

The store seems okay. I tried checking out the Epic Sale but no regional pricing so that ain't gonna happen.

Good Old Games

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Doesn't Liam have a real person job now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
It's really funny to hear pat and woolie gripe about creators shooting down fan theories when pat was talking about how literary analysis is worthless bc of twitter a few weeks ago