Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

El Burbo posted:

In the early covers she had pure silver hair, but later color drawings have given her a pinkish hue. As seen in this spoiler free crop of the volume 10 cover art

I have been spoiled and you should be executed in accordance with the great anime commandments.

In all seriousness though I'm intrigued by the premise and the high expectations some of you have for this. I'm always down for some fun, creative comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Worth mentioning that the director for this one is Mamoru Hatakeyama, who did Sankarea, which I hear was a solid, well-directed horror adaptation (which should be useful for Kaguya's line of comedy), and the superb Shōwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū.

Sold.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I'm 9 minutes in and snickering like a madman.

I think I'm in.

E: That whole thing was amazing. I love the enthusiastic narrator, Chika obliviously throwing grenades, and the way they whiplash from poo poo-eating grins to adorable embarrassment and back with each volley thrown.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jan 12, 2019

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Revalis Enai posted:

Oh my god the narrator needs to STFU. There's more narration in this episode than a whole drat season of Kaiji.
Beyond that, the show is okay so far.

The hyper enthusiastic narration of their mind games is my favorite part so :shrug:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
The first part didn't do much for me, and not just because of the repeat content.

But the second and third part destroyed me so all is forgiven.

The thing I love most about this show so far is that despite trying to sell themselves as mind-gaming elitists, they're both ultimately hormone-addled adolescents blundering their way through their feelings for each other.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
They had to have rotoscoped that ED right? Great as it was, it might have given me some Flowers of Evil flashbacks...

This whole episode was absolutely amazing. The yeti was great, the western duel was great, Chika having her first time with a dog was great. It just keeps getting better.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

It's definitely rotoscoped. There's a certain fluidity to the movements that are actually unnatural to how those movements are normally animated.

Yeah I know. Makes for a really interesting look even if they don't animate at the fidelity they did here. Mainly I want to not associate rotoscoping with Flowers of Evil because I'd like to forget that show exists forever please and thank you.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Oh yeah forgot about Waking Life, that was a trip.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
MAHREEAJ YO

Holy shot they came out swinging with this one. Cat ears might be my favorite segment so far. The episode ended up feeling front-loaded between that and the banned word game though the shopping trip was ok but the end of the French party segment was pretty great. I would love a translation of that section.

Also, I'm starting to think Chika is secretly the final boss of the show.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Holy gently caress that was 3 home runs today. And they were all thanks to Chika. Though Shinomiya galaxy braining Shirogane was pretty ballin too.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Ochinchin

*Laughs in Kaguya*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Being Ishigami is suffering