Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase make me cecil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Make me Wakka's favorite blitzball.

HA HAHA AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

My friend, are they scum?
Lo! Look here at what they did.
Town misses often.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

lol this is pretty funny

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

b-minus1 posted:

I hate fun

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

quote="##vote BottleKnight" post="491221915"]

SalTheBard posted:

##vote tobbs

This is fun
[/quote

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

everytime I log in to post I'm performing the ##scumpaz action

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

imgay posted:

nobody post anything until mod resolves action

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

wrong...?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

oh cool Quid is in this game, quick tell me your most and least favourite FF games so we can get slapfighting already

my most favourite is ff4 because cecil is tortured and cool and starts off as an anti hero and does a face turn that's really cool. Unlike most scenarios where the goodguy has his best friend kidnapped and brainwashed against the main heroes (ala ff2), Cecil decides that what he's doing is lovely and wrong and then later attempts to convince his bestie that he can be a good guy too and leave the empire and I think that's super interesting.

my least favourite is ff1 because the characters are just job classes with no story, but actually has one of the best twists ever at the end for the type of story it's telling. I guess all the ff games are good.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Other great things about FF4 include the main character being an adult instead of a teenager, and him already having an established romantic relationship at the start of the game, how often do you ever see that anywhere

I also really love Cecil as a hero because he learns to stand up and actually criticise what his home country is doing when it is wrong, even though the king was practically his dad which only adds extra pressure on him to just trust and obey. It's a story that really speaks to me, as someone who hates America and freedom

:same:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

How hosed up would it be if scum was Kingdom hearts/Disney

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Jonathan Fisk posted:

can't believe i'm kingdom hearts 358/2 days re: HD 1.6

IcePhoenix posted:

His music had touched so many hearts across the world, and he couldn't wait to see what

It is now Day one. The day will end on Friday 01/04, 8:30PM Central Time

hmm

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmm

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I've been reading the hinamatsuri manga after you polluted the anime thread with spoilers that hina's shoe gets pooped in (I'm not going to double check to see if it was actually you Infinitum, also I had watched the anime earlier last year). All I have to say is thank you. The hostess coffee shop is was amazing. I don't know why I thought I could wait for a season 2.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

okay so who's scum.

I think trying to turbo infinitum off the bat could be conceived as scummy. I think that trying to start thunderdomes is scummy.

Top scums is Gulag and Infinitum right?

##vote Infinitum

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

But also people who encourage thunderdomes are scummy so flerp is scum too. Okay there's three.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Quidthulhu posted:

How is turboing Infinitum scummy and yet of the two cases you present it’s not convincing enough to keep you from....voting Infinitum? This vote does not compute.

Infinitum posted:

Who has a thunderdome

Use it

What? Infinitum tries to start a thunderdome. He's the one I'm referring to in the second sentence. The first line is a case against gulag and the second is a case against infinitum.

I don't think that being that someone trying to start a 'joke' (or not) turbo on you clears you, in the case of infinitum. There are no defenses that really would stop me from voting anyone day one, and the best case should be the vote simply because we don't know the shape of scum relationships yet.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Less than 12 hours left eh, we should do a content game or something.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I finally completed it. My comprehensive analysis of every post in the thread. Incoming analysis.....

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

This is a review of every player in the game. People with an S- are those that I think are scummy.

Note: Shitpost refers to all sorts of garbage votes and jokephase content so bear with me.

Xad: Shitpost and excuses self for going to Magfest. At the same time says it shouldn’t be a problem though. Despite this 9 hours to deadline and they’re basically contentless.

-S Tobbs: Describes me as being contradictory for hopping on a bandwagon of joke votes when I voted for Infinitum, despite me offering a reason that was not a joke. It’s an uncharitable read of that post that Quidthulhu shares: That the second line doesn’t refer to Infinitum but instead refers to Gulagdolls, the subject of the first statement. The fact that they share that reading of my post may indicate them discussing it in discord, because I don’t think the sentence is that hard to follow and make the same mistaken reading twice. Plus trying to ‘mistakenly’ read what is clearly a more effortful post is an easy way for scum to turn the conversation onto people who are trying to play the game.

Solus: 9 hours to deadline and has only shitposts on the table.

Rhjamiz: 9 hours to deadline and has only shitposts on the table.

-S Quidthulhu: Mostly shitposts until he can point to a post (mine) that makes an attempt at serious reads. It could be a simple mistake, but Quid misread my post to mean something unfavourable to me. He makes the same mistake that Tobbs does in not attaching the second line to the second person I mention as scummy. This could mean they read over the post together and discussed it briefly in scum chat. Upon review of Tobbs’ posts I think it’s worthwhile to call Quid scummy.

Humalong: 9 hours to deadline and has only shitposts on the table.

-T Fisk: Dropping some serious kingdom hearts breadcrumbs/FF8 crumbs. Leon refers to the name that Squall has in KH1, so I think he’s FF8. I’m not sure why scum would do that unless that’s some intense fakeclaim inception bullshit, so he’s probably town.

Infinitum: Asks for a thunderdome and those kinda suck so I voted him. Other than that its 9 hours to deadline and has only shitposts on the table. (this is null)

Imgay 9 hours to deadline and has only shitposts on the table.

-S Hal: He has 2 posts, a sign up post and a post checking in. Seriously look.

Gulag: 9 hours to deadline and has only shitposts on the table.

-S Flerp: Scum probably. He encourages thunderdome and votes me.

Clord: 9 hours to deadline and has only shitposts on the table.

-S Cpig: 9 hours to deadline and has only shitposts on the table, but then excuses himself for not being around until deadline by making up an excuse in advance. That’s scum anxiety probably.

BK: 9 hours to deadline and has only shitposts on the table.

Bif: 9 hours to deadline and has only shitposts on the table.

-T B-: 9 hours to deadline and has only shitposts on the table but strong meta town read.

-S AA: Offers a scum read-less ‘effort post’. That kinda looks bad and is usually a scum indicator for me.

Hawke: 9 hours to deadline and has only shitposts on the table

Hmm.... probably here is where I'll start for now. It could be a coincidence but maybe not. I'd go any of my scumreads today but I'll start on the connection I think I made. ##vote Tobbs

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

-S Tobbs: Describes me as being contradictory for hopping on a bandwagon of joke votes when I voted for Infinitum, despite me offering a reason that was not a joke. It’s an uncharitable read of that post that Quidthulhu shares: That the second line doesn’t refer to Infinitum but instead refers to Gulagdolls, the subject of the first statement. The fact that they share that reading of my post may indicate them discussing it in discord, because I don’t think the sentence is that hard to follow and make the same mistaken reading twice. Plus trying to ‘mistakenly’ read what is clearly a more effortful post is an easy way for scum to turn the conversation onto people who are trying to play the game.

Sorry I made a error as typing it. I swapped these two around.

Toalpaz posted:

okay so who's scum.

I think trying to turbo infinitum off the bat could be conceived as scummy. I think that trying to start thunderdomes is scummy.

Top scums is Gulag and Infinitum right?

##vote Infinitum

Gulag is the subject of the first sentence. Infinitum is the subject of the second sentence.

I even keep them in the same order, so it should be easy to understand. So why did they misread it the same way.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SolusLunes posted:

My thought is mostly because you used a proper noun in one sentence and not in the other?

It's certainly possible to misread it if you're skimming.

I'd phrase it as "I think trying Gulag to turbo infinitum off the bat could be conceived as scummy. I think that Infinitum trying to start thunderdomes is scummy."

What is more likely though, that scum is being so thoughtless about how they word themselves that they'd make contradictions (like what they're insinuating that I'm doing).

or

That scum would jump on a poorly worded post to get a vote going that definitely isn't focused on one of them. (What I think they could have been doing)

It could be a mistake that town makes.... but. At the same time. Why would you assume someone's being self contradictory when there's a reading that makes sense in the post if you don't understand it. Wouldn't you just read it twice?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

hmm....

Mason AA

Doc depends on lunch today. Just generally on strongest town reads probably maybe fisk or solus or b-.

Vig, Tobbs or Hal prob

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

What do you mean, trying to start thunderdomes? Someone either has it and uses it or not, and Infinitum's opinions on them are meaningless unless he has one.

Your reasoning is fake, and I think you latched onto his thunderdome comments as a way to jump on a bandwagon.

Lol people have started unofficial thunderdomes and they've totally taken off and ruined d1 before. In the short time I've been hear it's happened once and is always at least brought up as a joke so I take it seriously.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

As for his list, it looks like an effort post but the majority of his scum reads are just people suspicious of him.

Also notable is that he stands behind his vote on Infinitum for talking about thunderdomes, but calls Infinitum neutral on his list.

Didn't read all the post eh? Would have been better to post tl;dr in that case.

Also I offer more than half scumreads on people who haven't mentioned me, with fairly good d1 cases. That isn't faking content.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

Didn't read all the post eh? Would have been better to post tl;dr in that case.

Also I offer more than half scumreads on people who haven't mentioned me, with fairly good d1 cases. That isn't faking content.

I'm not just referring to the fact that my scumreads are not mostly people who have been susp of me. (Besides that isn't a scum tell to be susp of people who vote you easily because you know you're town).

I'm also referring to how I changed my vote to you Tobbs, and did not 'stand behind my vote on infinitum'. That's the second time you've misread me in order to call me scummy. If you're town than work harder and case other people if you're scared of a little bit of attention.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Also notable is that he stands behind his vote on Infinitum for talking about thunderdomes, but calls Infinitum neutral on his list.

I stand behind my old vote. It wasn't a joke. I made a vote and felt it was good. More information came, and I think that certain people look more scummy in light of it. So I voted for one of them.

You made 'Toalpaz stood behind the vote' to sound like I wrote the list out and stood behind a vote on a neutral read. I don't vote for people who I have a neutral read on. I sequentially vote and make new decisions based on new information. I think voting infinitum was right at the time and did it. I have new information based on people's reaction to my vote and am voting people based on that. Despite that relatively normal set of interactions, you're defending the fact that you said that 'toalpaz stood behind a vote.' Which is just twisting the situation.

When the reality is I voted because I thought someone was scummy, defended it, got new info, voted for someone who I thought was scummy. There's nothing wrong with that. You phrased it in such a way that it read that I wrote out the whole list and then kept on voting someone who was neutral.

Thinking that someone is scum and then changing your mind is not 'fake reasoning'.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

So you got new info on Infinitum to make you no longer think he's scum, but you think flerp is scum for the same reason you thought Infinitum was scum.

To me this doesn't make sense. The only way it does make sense is that you're scum faking opinions.

I'm not trying to misrepresent you here, I'm trying to give you a chance to convince me that you're town. I'm not convinced.

I'll explain why I think Infinitum is null/flerp is scum.

In a world where you flip scum it's unlikely you'd have jumped on me casing Infinitum if Infinitum was Scum to reduce the connections between scum players. If you knew infinitum was town because you were scum, you'd pick me to case because as you've already mentioned, you think of me as a weak new player. This would make an easier lunch for Scum Tobbs to make.

This means if you're my primary scum case that infinitum is probably neutral or not scum in my opinion. In addition you've dug in, you probably aren't arguing with or around scum buddies if you're playing scum. You'll be remembered for this argument with me.

Flerp: Often gets a pass. Didn't introduce the idea of thunderdome so probably wouldn't have been targeted. It's an anti town behavior to encourage and low risk if your scum. Is acting scummy in the meta sense from few games I've played with him.

Infinitum is around and offering comments that I think look better too. For now I'd rather go with my other targets.

A reference to my scum reads so far:

Toalpaz posted:

-S Quidthulhu: Mostly shitposts until he can point to a post (mine) that makes an attempt at serious reads. It could be a simple mistake, but Quid misread my post to mean something unfavourable to me. He makes the same mistake that Tobbs does in not attaching the second line to the second person I mention as scummy. This could mean they read over the post together and discussed it briefly in scum chat. Upon review of Tobbs’ posts I think it’s worthwhile to call Quid scummy.

-S Hal: He has 2 posts, a sign up post and a post checking in. Seriously look.

-S Flerp: Scum probably. He encourages thunderdome and votes me.

-S Cpig: 9 hours to deadline and has only shitposts on the table, but then excuses himself for not being around until deadline by making up an excuse in advance. That’s scum anxiety probably.

-S AA: Offers a scum read-less ‘effort post’. That kinda looks bad and is usually a scum indicator for me.

Hmm.... probably here is where I'll start for now. It could be a coincidence but maybe not. I'd go any of my scumreads today but I'll start on the connection I think I made. ##vote Tobbs

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

imgay posted:

I'm home from work, and let me say what I think of Toal as a closeted heterosexual man, everyone that cases you is not scum.

Hey, I've gotten countless scums from OMGUSing.

I'm a walking honey pot for scum.

They say I'm walking around with the scarlet S because I'm so easy. I always go down d1.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

BottleKnight posted:

Hal? Why would you vig a lurker instead of someone you think is scum? Or are you taking the lurking for scum?

It's on my tell all big post where I call Hal scum for not posting much.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

wtf lurkers are great to vig instead if wasting the dah arguing about which one to lunch

Also this is true.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Hals meta is lurking while scum if I'm not wrong. That's basically it. 1 in game post is somewhat unforgivable.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Whatever happens today, I'm happy to have killed joke phase with more than 2 hours to spare. Please post and case who you want to town. It helps hit scum later.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

what is the fisk case?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'll vote fisk over literally nobody getting lunched, but I don't think we'll be hitting scum and will only do it as a last resort.

We have time, we should try something more ambitious. Or how about the lurker that literally isn't posting anything, Hal?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Ah I misread the tone/intent of that then.

I think this is a town flerp now.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

:smugmrgw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

28766f69642a2930 posted:

talking about yourself in the third person like this is very scummy to me