Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Big winners tonight?
This poll is closed.
Jones/Cyborg 28 36.84%
Jones/Nunes 18 23.68%
Gus/Cyborg 9 11.84%
Gus/Nunes 21 27.63%
Total: 76 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

BlindSite posted:

This wood kid looks really loving good

Is he a prospect?

He does look pretty good but if he keeps this up he's gonna need to get imaginative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

BlindSite posted:

This wood kid looks really loving good

Reminds me a lot of Dillashaw how he's just relentless with combos and moving forward

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Ewell's face always looks like he just heard something so offensive he can't believe it

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Reminds me a lot of Dillashaw how he's just relentless with combos and moving forward

He doesn't get hit cleanly a lot either. he's taken a couple in his one but even when Joe and Dom sperg with their OHHHHH noises etc, Wood is taking most of them right at the edge of their effective range. Wood showing some pretty solid top control too. Looked good in the clinch earlier too. I like this dude a lot.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

drat I thought he was about to get Horodecki’d

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Ewell seems completely out of his depth

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Ewell seems completely out of his depth

I enjoy Joe and Dom shittalking his guard game.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

I enjoy Joe and Dom shittalking his guard game.

lol same

He's making his opponent look like a star though so there's that

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Was DC originally slated to be on the mic tonight?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Wood seems genuinely good

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Was DC originally slated to be on the mic tonight?

I could have sworn he was supposed to be but it looks like they made a decision there

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Oh poo poo lol I forgot BJ Penn is fighting, what a joke....

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The first round was pretty fun

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Nice work. Good job finishing when he could have easily just sat on him.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

Grem posted:

I cannot wait. If he makes it out of the first round I'll be astonished.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
didn't realize wood has scott stapp in his corner

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Looking forward to seeing more Nathaniel Wood fights in the future

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Agree with Joe and Dom here. Ewell doesn't seem to know what he's doing. He starts to make movements which could set things up - he'll hip escape to where he could get his feet on Wood's hips, or twist in a way that he could start to put himself in position for a sweep (one that is unlikely to succeed but which will at least make Wood react in a predictable way to set up something else - like later on he was halfway to setting up a flower sweep which, even if it failed as it almost certainly would, would allow him to get a leg out to stand up) but then gives it up and does nothing.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
So 2 Jackson-Wink guys and the dude Jones pulled into his weigh-in selfie have all lost so far.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

So 2 Jackson-Wink guys and the dude Jones pulled into his weigh-in selfie have all lost so far.

Judging by Ewell's complete confusion about a ground game Cowboy must have not been far off about Jackson-Wink not even training people anymore

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Pretty sure we've seen what BJ has left in the tank.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

BJ Penn knocked out Matt Hughes when Hughes was over the hill in 2011.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

LobsterMobster posted:

Did staff change since I started paying attention to Jackson's camp, which was never?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I think Hall finishes Penn standing unless he decides to just shoot immediately and submit him.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

bj penn last won a ufc fight in 2010

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Judging by Ewell's complete confusion about a ground game Cowboy must have not been far off about Jackson-Wink not even training people anymore

Ewell's the selfie guy, not a Jackson-Wink guy (unless Jon flat-out doesn't recognize other people who train there, which I could see being possible)

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Grem posted:

It's a travesty, and it's even more shameful than this commission-shopping bs with jones

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

not bruddah iz?

bj needs to hang em up now

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

even bj looks disappointed in himself for fighting

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Even tho he will probably lose this is a good walkout choice for BJ and I'm hyped.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Grem posted:

Did staff change since I started paying attention to Jackson's camp, which was never?

A few years back greg jackson stepped back and let wink run the show. Wink is a lovely head coach apparently and there was a huge rift wherein a shitton of fighters left the gym. I'm not sure that any solo winklejohn fighter has won in the UFC. greg jackson and his weirdo nodes was the real genius in that camp.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

Ewell's the selfie guy, not a Jackson-Wink guy (unless Jon flat-out doesn't recognize other people who train there, which I could see being possible)

Ah, fair enough

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

G-Hawk posted:

bj penn last won a ufc fight in 2010

poo poo I had it as 2011. That's when he drew with fitch.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
at least hall is more likely to sub bj than give him more brain damage :ohdear:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Shocks me every time that BJ Penn is only 40. Feels like he's been fighting for 30 years.

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground
Why are they still giving BJ fights

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

These two both seem bored as gently caress.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Vitamin Boss posted:

Why are they still giving BJ fights

Because there are a bunch of people that will tune in to watch him shuffle around still.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
This fight will be... Interesting :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Plus also to give ryan hall a name win.