Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Skypie posted:

How do goons always get stuck next to the loud talkers and cat pee people????

They're having out of body experiences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Richard M Nixon posted:

Alamo drafthouse is the best movie theater experience and one of the few things I'm proud of austin for. Before each movie, there's a custom pre show (anything related to the movie which can be stuff from YouTube or a recap of all the marvel movies before infinity war - 0 ads). The food isn't as good as some of the other dine in theaters but that's OK. Full bar, gently caress yes. You can tattle on people for talking or loving around on your phone. I've done it and it works. Part of the pre show is literally a sign that says "we'll kick you the gently caress out if you're a oval office, shut up"

ya san francisco has an alamo draft house now too. go there Waltzing

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I go see movies that have been out for a long time because they're more likely to be empty so I can watch the movie naked in peace.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

EvilJoven posted:

Why I he gently caress are you paying theater prices to see movies? Everyone has a big rear end tv at home now.

going out to the mall, getting dinner, and seeing a movie counts as a "date" and if you're in a relationship you need to do that at least once a week or so or the sex stops and they start bitching that you never leave the house.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

fishing with the fam posted:

Reserved seating is the best thing to happen to movie theaters since the silent era ended.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If you've never sat next to a disgusting person in a theatre or airplane, congratulations, you are that person.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sir, you lost some of that tonnage, we wouldn't have to 'reserve' these seats for you

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

There's very few movies that are worth seeing in theaters.

I see ALL the comic book movies, cause my kids love them, but they're usually patient enough to wait for a weekend after matinee. Get seats just find. OP is a weirdo, gently caress him.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I'm the guy sitting near you that smells like rum.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I've always said, better rum than cum

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Which is the real Spider-Man? Garcon!

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
You are 100% wrong. Reserved seating is awesome. Not having to bumrush the theater to get the best seats and showing up AFTER the lovely ads (because you already have your seats) is beyond helpful. It’s in no way a downgrade. I went and saw Bumblebee on a whim today and the reserved seating theater was out of the good seats (because those people planned ahead). So I went to one of the 1st come- 1st served theaters. It felt like I was back in the Stone Age.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
*camps out in front of movie theater for new movie*

*taps on smartphone to order tickets after hammering reload button*

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
I’m the rear end in a top hat who reserves and pays for four seats and sits with my partner in the middle two.

There’s no drafthouse around or we’d just go there, so until then this keeps the unwashed masses at bay

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

meet girls at the store posted:

I’m the rear end in a top hat who reserves and pays for four seats and sits with my partner in the middle two.

There’s no drafthouse around or we’d just go there, so until then this keeps the unwashed masses at bay

I want to eat your popcorn so you can eat my poo poo and watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH-oScnJXB0

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

bradzilla posted:

Yeah I guess if you're a friendless loser who sees movies alone this might be a problem, lmao

Leaving an individual space not taking one- Which means groups of 2+ can’t leave a space of 1 between them, but I see you were tripping over your own brain trying to deliver that :master:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Also lol at the idiots going to see every goddamn comic book/superhero movie that comes out

Maybe this reboot will be different

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI
The closest one to my apartment is a weird rear end combo of old and new. Upscale area with nice restaurants all around, the theater has a full bar, unlimited popcorn/soft drink included with all tickets, and.. ancient lovely narrow chairs with no reserved seating.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Also lol at the idiots going to see every goddamn comic book/superhero movie that comes out

Maybe this reboot will be different

You post like you are 90.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
the new spiderman is extremely good, and i don't watch superhero movies at all. everyone i knew who saw it (nobody is into capeshit either) said it was a must watch

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

JebanyPedal posted:

They're having out of body experiences.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Colonel Cancer posted:

I've always said, better rum than cum

What's the old saying....

Smells like rum, probably a bum,
Smells like cum, probably yer mum.

And everyone would rather sit next to a bum at the movie theatre. At least they don't bust out with an overly-loud weird laugh at non-funny moments that makes everyone in theatre turn around and go "... the gently caress?" like moms do.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

the new spiderman is extremely good, and i don't watch superhero movies at all. everyone i knew who saw it (nobody is into capeshit either) said it was a must watch

Slides your door peep hole shut from from the second second headed to to your barn tho find that smoking hot daughter you won't let leave

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm not understand the people complaining about people sitting next to them with reserved seats. Those seats are huge with tray tables and individual cup holders. You might as well be in the next room with the amount of space between seats. This is how theaters lost 2/3 of their capacity.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
The theaters by me with reserved seating have recliners that are practically the size of love seats when you consider two of them together, it's great.

I also enjoy kicking people out of my/our seats when I show up and they end up drifting elsewhere, only to be kicked out of their new seats when their proper owners show up, and finally they have to settle into their front-row seats that they've been trying to ditch for the last ten minutes.

Citcon
Aug 31, 2018

by R. Guyovich

EvilJoven posted:

Also gently caress you for assuming that in our late stage capitalist nightmare everyone on these dead gay forums can throw away $20 for a lovely time.

Economy is still boomin dude and people in general have more gently caress around money than at any point in human history. Maybe it isn't everyone else's fault and you just kinda suck?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The economy doing well doesn't translate to the lower and middle classes having more money. It just means corporations are raking in the dough. If they were to give a serious look at where the poverty line should be, it's possible we would be at 25% or more.

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

Big Beef City posted:

Slides your door peep hole shut from from the second second headed to to your barn tho find that smoking hot daughter you won't let leave

:psyboom:

Citcon
Aug 31, 2018

by R. Guyovich

Waltzing Along posted:

The economy doing well doesn't translate to the lower and middle classes having more money. It just means corporations are raking in the dough. If they were to give a serious look at where the poverty line should be, it's possible we would be at 25% or more.

The second half of my statement was proably the more important one. If you don;t have 20 bucks to spend on a movie every month or so its not really the orange man's or capitalism's fault.

Citcon
Aug 31, 2018

by R. Guyovich
The reclining seats own and have actually made me go to the movies on a regular basis for the first time in 5+ years. Its the same price or even cheaper than it was back then too. Popcorn is still bullshit expensive though, as is tradition.

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

It's annoying when I'm just trying to get tickets at the front kiosk and the guys taking forever but when I walk into the theater there are 4 people total in there why the hell did you take 5 minutes of my time to pick a seat when I'm just gonna sit anywhere

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

There's a place in Richmond called Cinebistro which has the comfy chairs with lots of space and they serve you dinner and I don't like going to any other place to see movies anymore. The foods pretty good and more importantly they don't underpour at the bar. Pretty sure you have to be 21 to get in too. Also the first movie I saw there was Elysium which I thought was kind of appropriate.

I kinda have a bro crush on Matt Damon.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Citcon posted:

The second half of my statement was proably the more important one. If you don;t have 20 bucks to spend on a movie every month or so its not really the orange man's or capitalism's fault.

Your qualifying statement was that the economy is booming.

And the reality is, there are a lot of people for whom $20 is the difference between eating for 2-3 days (or more) and watching the latest comic book stupidity.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
im still mourning drive-ins op don't get me started

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

redm posted:

im still mourning drive-ins op don't get me started

I have one near me. It's full of people drinking and doing drugs and kids running around yelling.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Waltzing Along posted:

I have one near me. It's full of people drinking and doing drugs and kids running around yelling.
Yeah, that’s a drive in.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

i buy the 3 seats infront and behind me and two to the left and right of me.That way when I fall asleep from day drinking no one will notice.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

We have the same issue at our theaters and the last movie I wasnt able to get a ticket for the day of was Dr Strange which is at least a year ago

That's strange.

Maybe.

But who am I to judge?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I just purchased some reserved seating at a movie theater and it's going to own. Suck it op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

JebanyPedal posted:

Edit: Oh wait nah the pissiest I ever got was during Hereditary at people giggling and going ew over some full frontal male nudity near the end and I got so pissed I just yelled out "IT'S A loving COCK WE'VE ALL SEEN ONE BEFORE."

To be fair that scene was hilarious.

Two hours of tense family drama where you think it's just a crazy white lady.

Then Dad catches fire, mom starts spider crawling in the ceiling and trying to bust through the attic door with her head, kid turns and there's just this pasty fat white guy who gives this little hand wave like you would give a baby.

The movie was trash but that last 20/30 minutes ramped up enough it went from horror to comedy.