Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kliksf
Jan 1, 2003
I really liked ios when I first started using it and ended up really hating it and I really hated Android when I first started using it but now I like it hope this helps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

yeah cheers thanks

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i had that stupid rollyball dfoid thing then a sarnsung fassinate

android is dogshit garbage

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
i had a samsung jack with windows phone 6.1, then android samsung galaxy s captivate then an htc one x (the one before the htc one m7)

they were bad phones with bad oses

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar posted:

ios notification persistence is annoying as gently caress. like I don't care about an apple ipay transaction from a week ago. why is it still in my list?

shaggar uses apple pay. you heard it here first!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
apple ipay is like one of 2 things the iphone does well. everything else about it sucks poo poo

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Shaggar posted:

ios notification persistence is annoying as gently caress. like I don't care about an apple ipay transaction from a week ago. why is it still in my list?

iawtp

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

this iphone 7 eats battery faster than my (dead) Nexus 5X when playing the same bideo james. on the other hand the iphone can actually run the game at 60 fps with the graphics settings cranked up

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
quick reminder that smartphones do not and cannot play video games

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Palm-Pre-Plus-Smartphone-GSM-Cell-Phone-For-AT-T-16GB/401665649066

i'm just sayin

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

quote:

Powered by the ARM Cortex A8 processor and webOS 1.3.5 operating system, this Palm QWERTY phone runs all your applications smoothly. Capture or record priceless moments with the 3 MP camera and LED flash of this Palm AT&T phone. Moreover, surf the internet using the WAP 2.0 browser of this Palm QWERTY phone. Use the built-in GPS feature of this Palm AT&T phone to access and use the shortest route to your destination.

yes YES

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

no honest man needs more than 3 megapixels

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

i was lusting over the WAP 2.0 browser :heysexy:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Unfortunately, the webos browser was just the normal webkit one, not a sweet WAP browser

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
I wan tto use the built-in GPS feature of this Palm AT&T phone to access and use the shortest route to my destination

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

WilWheaton posted:

I wan tto use the built-in GPS feature of this Palm AT&T phone to access and use the shortest route to my destination

well do i ever have some great news for you, friend! you see,

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!

rotor posted:

no honest man needs more than 3 megapixels

mrs mindset is a photographer and her mantra is "it's not the camera", so this checks out.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

man what a pile of poo poo. 3 mp camera, tiny screen, no 4g, slide out chiclet keyboard. no wonder it’s $60

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
the camera on my pixel is amazing, and I like how I can get rid of notifications for an app by simply swiping and selecting the disable notifications for this app.
my last android experience wasn't very good but it seems to have got useable now, google pay is somehow faster than apple pay on my se and it gets better reception.

with the same network bands and even though I sent it to apple about the bad reception they "fixed" and it came back with the same lovely reception

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

have u ever noticed how when people try ios they have nothing but complaints, but when they try android they love it

really makes u think

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

can't believe your new phone for adults is faster than your four year old phone for children

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

carry on then posted:

have u ever noticed how when people try ios they have nothing but complaints, but when they try android they love it

really makes u think

that’s exactly what I keep saying about bitcoin! people who use fiat are all like “why are my groceries and rent so expensive, yet my pay is so low??” yet people who use bitcoin are all like “look at how cheap everything is! and it just keeps getting cheaper!”

it’s kind of a parallel here: iOS uses its fascist control of its devices to keep people from innovating (especially when it comes to bitcoin) yet android allows its users to do what they want

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Celexi posted:

the camera on my pixel is amazing, and I like how I can get rid of notifications for an app by simply swiping and selecting the disable notifications for this app.

yeah uh ios is really good at being able to disable notifications for an app totally

otoh it seems (so far) to be absolute poo poo at surfacing ways to have some notifications from the app be more visible, and some other notifications be less visible. im almost cringeing at how bad this poo poo is. like there's an entire android api for this crap, and some android apps even use it!!

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
the trick to phone janitoring is to not do it, op:

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

the trick to phone janitoring is to not do it, op:

:stare:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

thread is now about what the gently caress is goin on with this dudes inbox

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i just don't like reading email.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

get on a computer and select all -> mark read

or just delete them jesus christ

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

carry on then posted:

get on a computer and select all -> mark read

or just delete them jesus christ

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

have some loving self-respect jesus

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

my god

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

I didn't even know the counter went that high lol

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
just remove the email account from your phone already lmbo

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

the number of unread emails is too big

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
i'm kind of curious if i can get it to a 6 digit number.

6 figgy unreal email count.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

post your email. I'm sure some friendly people here will help you out

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Delete your email account

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

op the thankful extent of my anroid experience in being asked by random folks to take a group photo for them with their phone, where I learned that pressing the shutter button on the screen does not take the photo like in iOS, but starts a process that will result in a photo being taken sometime in the next couple of seconds so don’t move the phone until you’re sure!

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i just don't like reading email.

how i cleaned mine out when i finally decided to get my unread down to zero:

take the top email in your inbox and search for all emails received from that domain

delete them if unimportant or archive them

remove the filter and repeat on the next highest email

you can clean out your whole inbox fairly quickly this way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

yes and I will never own an android again