Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

WhyteRyce posted:

While I believe the cast is full of legitimate crazies, TLC clearly meddles and suggests things for them to do. Sometimes it's boring poo poo like Sasha throwing out food, other times it's good stuff like Ash having an impromptu seminar

Wonder if Pedro games with Father Chantel

Nick Viall, once The Bachelor, talked on his podcast about "the authentic reaction" which is what producers are usually striving for. If they can keep key players in the dark about something then the better.

You see it all the time if one person has a secret they need to tell someone else. Obviously the producers know it, but it'll be "suggested" that now isn't the right time to say anything until eventually the producers will say tonight at dinner might be the right time to bring up that thing you wanted to talk about. I believe most of the time they'll give the other person a heads up to say oh there's something that so and so needs to get off their chest tonight.

Other times of course the show needs footage so that's when they'll just outright say hey David, don't you think the best way to look for Lana is to show her picture around town?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Click the link to be surprised at which 90 Dayer this Redditor is talking about.

quote:

It was a nice date. We went to Barnes and Noble and then to a movie (can't remember which but I think it was a superhero movie) this was in January 2017. We walked around B&N for a while before the movie just chatting. We'd had a few phone conversations before the date and I really thought he was a great guy. He seemed to really have his stuff together. Until the date, I thought we might have a real future, but there didn't end up being any sparks, so I knew it wasn't going to work long term.

https://www.reddit.com/r/90DayFiance/comments/gkogn9/before_the_90_days_i_went_on_a_date_with_colty

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

otter posted:

You know it says it at the end of the link, right?

Yeah I'm phone posting and I'm not that committed to the bit.

Anyhow, I think Lisa is genuinely one of the most unpleasant people I've seen on TV. Ed and David, whatever, they're creepy dudes who are trying to buy a wife but are trying to justify it to themselves as 'love' but she seems so completely joyless as a person.

And honestly I think Stephanie is a close second (Geoffrey is exempt). It's amazing to watch her absolutely refuse to not make everything about her.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

No idea if this makes it into the episode, but David was hilarious in leaked tell all:

He has spent about 300k on that site in total, and not a penny of it has gone to Lana. He doubles down on this claim. They even get Cesar on as some kind of intervention to tell him dude, you're dumb.

He also said he knows he's not getting scammed because he pays for a 'service' that weeds out the scammers.

Also, the unedited show is a really good counter to the claim "I'm not really like that, it's just editing." I didn't know BGL could get worse as a person, but she's a loving disgrace. I'm so happy she's being ripped off.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

ICHIBAHN posted:

What is the biggest trainwreck show? Not just 90DF, in general. Looking for a complete riot. Tried Next Top Model but it's not quite insane enough. Thanks yalls.

ARE YOU THE ONE? on MTV. Particularly the most recent season.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

No idea if it'll make it into the tell-all but David gets asked why he's been talking only on the site for years and he claims that he would be breaking US Law by trying to talk to her any other way.

Naturally the rest of the cast immediately tell him that he's wrong but he won't have it and thinks the others just don't understand law. He cites IMBRA, which is a law that protects women and men from domestic abusers who are applying for K1 Visas and who are using international dating services.

I wonder if this is something the website tells people to keep them from taking it off-site (and losing those translation fees). Most would just give a cursory glance at it without realising.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

No wonder Mary loves Geoffrey so much, she has previous for domestic violence.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAwO8ukD-gU/?igshid=qqyj6fq0wxr

DrVenkman fucked around with this message at 22:37 on May 29, 2020

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Cyril Sneer posted:

Uggh can we just end Darcey's storyline already. She/her sister just aren't engaging at all.

Darcy hasn't had a fiance for 4 seasons now. Her sister does so no doubt we'll see more of her next season.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

baw posted:

so uh is Lana being essentially forced into this since this show killed her career

Its not like she has to actually go through with it. She's still on numerous dating sites, or at least her pictures are.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

As much as I hate to admit it, Steph was kinda the voice of reason in some of the leaked footage just not as it pertains to her or her relationship.

Though on Reddit I did hear the chilling phrase "dry fisting" in mention to her Onlyfans and I wanted to share that so I wasn't alone.

Anyway, Lisa was racist trash in the leaked version (Yahoo boys behead people and do blood sacrifices). She had a good moment where she shut down Ed - who can do nothing but titter and desperately play up this character he's doing - but other than that I never want to see her again.

Tom should go away because he's useless and so desperate to crawl into any tiny spotlight he can.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Rose got done dirty on the tell all. For one, don't loving out someone. Particularly someone who lives in a country that's not entirely welcoming of it.

Also, the translator straight up doesn't say the part about Ed wanting Rose to do 'video sex' if she wanted money for her and Prince.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Holy poo poo, are you for real??

Yeah someone on Reddit translated best they could what Rose said.

quote:

Rose: We're opposites. From the beginning I have told him everything... I repeat it over and over even though I'm having a hard time speaking English and understanding whatever he says... He had a motive (for me). I don't care about your past. For me, it's what we have now. He even offered me a video call, a sex video call.

Ed deflecting "we're going here"???

Rose: Ma'am, it's true, Ma'am. Because this is what I told him... He asked me why are you always sad, why are you always problematic, and I told him that there are so many problems here. And all of a sudden he tells me "Open your video. Take off your clothes. Get naked and I'll take a video of you. I'll pay you so I can help you. I'll send you money. Get naked."

... a recap of their scene shows. this is obviously hurtful for Rose to go through again.

Rose starts crying...

Rose: I can't accept your apologies. Why? Because you always hurt me. Off cam you embarrass me. On cam you embarrass me. I accept that you always embarrass me because I loved you but you're always a liar.

From the leaked footage a few people got a more favourable edit. David, Ed and Lisa managed to skate by.

DrVenkman fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jun 9, 2020

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

Apparently Baby Goat got a very favorable edit on the Tell All and was saying borderline or maybe just outright racist stuff as well as being just an angry rear end in a top hat to people. I love this show but I'm not watching 10 hours of unedited footage to confirm.

I wonder if she was cut because this stuff got leaked and they were worried someone would dig it up if she came back

She was actually pretty empathetic towards other people at points, you see that in the episode. But the moment she came under the spotlight in any way she flipped out and would scream at Shauna to shut the gently caress up. She stormed off at one point and was obviously made to come back later by a producer. She is incapable of being asked a question without it being seen as an attack.

She was a nasty vicious woman

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

So BGL is gone from the show but she'll appear on the 90 Day Strikes Back show because she's filmed some segments for it.

Supposedly the reasoning is her use of the N word, her breaking her NDA repeatedly and harassing Shaun Robinson during the tell-all.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

I'm watching the bonus hour of the tell all and David is doing the worst job ever of convincing people that he understands what the IMBRA law is

There is a moment where Tom and Ed are tag teaming and almost get him to realize it but then you can visibly see his brain reboot after being stuck in a loop

Lol Joey Tribbianis sister got sent packing by Shaun loving Robinson on a 90 Day Tell All for being too loud and obnoxious

I have to think that these sites must cite IMBRA and rely on the fact people like David are only going to give it a cursory glance.

Anyway I can't feel too bad for him, the guy is a straight up sex tourist and Ukrainian women are his fetish.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Colt and his mother can gently caress off with their toxic co-dependency. They have the perfect relationship with one another and the only reason Colt is looking for someone else is because he can't gently caress her.

They were isolated from the world long before a pandemic came along.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Well those last two comments gave me whiplash.

I hope things work out for Armando and Kenny, they seem too wholesome for the show.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Babygirl Lisa owes Usman 26k. She sent him 5k (though she lied and said she sent 15k) and tried to blackmail him for the rest by getting him to say that the show is scripted, presumably so she can say see I was just playing a role.

He wasn't returning any of the 108 calls she left him so through an app she called him from a Nigerian number. Anyway he's divorcing her and hiring a lawyer to get his money.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

ICHIBAHN posted:

I cannot.

How much are her cameos? $100? Minus a percentage, the show was only on last year (?) They've done 260 cameos?

Hmm when you break it down like that.

These are his cameos. I doubt anyone is paying her to wish them happy birthday. Though saying that you never know.

Soujaboy is going to be able to buy separate beds for him and his boys now.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I had somehow missed that Avery is a loving lunatic. She was in the comments of her 4th of July post on Insta talking about how the left has made up 'white privalige' to make black people think they're being unfairly treated and how she was being bullied just for being white and that's why all lives matter.

And she lost a CBD sponsorship because of it.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think maybe some of what Kenny has said is missing a little nuance. His asking what food they do there seemed less ignorance and more...Well a question. If I went to Canada and asked what food they made and someone just said 'Canadian' it doesn't really answer the question.

Even then, I think it's maybe a shock to people when they go to another county and see they might not have the same variety they get back home. Live in any major city in America and you can sample a whole lot of cultures but you won't get that in every country.

Saying that I'm always weary of the 'try our food' portion of 90 Day because it largely just goes the same way every time.

DrVenkman fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jul 22, 2020

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Shout out to Pole's mother for being one of the few parents on the show who have shown concern for their child's partner and tries to understand things from their perspective. It's a really low bar, but someone cleared it.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

otter posted:

B90 Strikes Back had David the Dupe showing off his pizza trophies and old photos. It gave him more human depth than he had in the rest of the show combined.

It does also demonstrate that he doesn't understand jokes...or any form of humour.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Syngin's friends should get their own show.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Ed is an abusive sex tourist and a monster. He deserves a painful and humiliating death.

Ultimately, though I think Stephanie is genuinely horrible, Ed is still the worst for being a piece of poo poo who cannot handle that the poor lady from the poor country that he tried to buy dares to have some dignity and self-worth.

I'm so glad that she's done ok for herself since the show. Soujaboy has built himself a new house from his Cameo money (that Angela tried stealing) too.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Any time someone mentions Stephanie I can't not think of the redditor who was disuading people from checking out her Onlyfans with the phrase "dry fisting".

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

A couple of podcasts have decided to stop covering any Ed stuff going forward and I can't blame them. He's an emotionally abusive piece of poo poo. He had those tendencies with Rose, but I put that down to sex tourists being generally vile.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I seriously am so loving dumb that I explained it away as "He's just being controlling because he's so insecure." I definitely hated him from the rat moment onwards, but I was trying to be "fair" (until the STI test incident).

But this put me in a real dark space for a second. Thank God I had Matty and Poodle to warn me so I knew it wasn't something I really needed to hear.

Watch 90 Day Fiance has made me consider going to counseling because I've never been "triggered" so much and I HATE that it's a lovely reality TV show making me feel that way.

To be fair I think a lot of people thought the same way. I'm pretty sure that in his first episode he says he hasn't had a relationship since his daughter was born. So it's easy to see why a guy like that, who's already going to be insecure, might be a bit more controlling and why people might be more willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But as that season went on his complaints were less about his insecurity and more his personal feelings on women like Rose and women in general.

Ed's season was the last I watched in full and anything else I've watched either through clips or watching PILLOW TALK. At this point I find near enough everyone too infuriating to watch. It was one thing knowing these people were going to rightly fade into obscurity, but you don't even get that enjoyment anymore.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Red flags from Caleb. He has romanticised this idea that he's being progressive and I feel like the reality of what dating her entails is going to send him running.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

otter posted:

i took this as more of "they do not want their names or likenesses used in relation to the show, so their identities have to be made as generic as possible while getting across that she has a specific focus on men of Asian ethnicity."

though Idaho and racism are sorta best buddies.

I thought she was overly fetishistic of him. There was the weird moment where she refers to his eyes as being perfect, and the 'playful' admonishing of her friend who married a Vietnamese man but wasn't a fan of anime etc. It's hyper specific in a way that goes beyond just being a fan of say, Japanese culture.

Her story is sad though (and her mother clearly isn't a help), as is Mike. Poor guy. He happens to meet a woman who is blatantly only in love with her ex (who is in Prison, and likely staying there) and who is upfront about just wanting financial support.

Only Jasmin really supplies the crazy but I'm already over her now. She's already been hyping herself up as a reality TV star and her scenes are all the same sort of over the top jealousy that guarantees airtime so that's going to be her one note. It's hard to sympathise with Gino when he is such a clown, though I can't blame him for not loving her with a camera crew stood there.

Soujaboy is doing his thing. Very reluctantly playing along for the money, though it cracks me up how many times he mentions that she's definitely a potential girlfriend. Kim is trying to live a fantasy life she's wanted for a long time and is willing to do it with a low-rent celebrity from a country she'd never otherwise visit.

I think I missed the chat with the Caribbean season but maybe one couple aside that had a similar sad vibe.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

saltylopez posted:

Me watching Gino and Jasmine after they return to their room:

Hahaha Gino is in way way over his head, but come on dude, the answer to "do you need to take a shower?" after a day of travel is yes, yes I do. Jasmine is willing to put in some work here, you got to meet him half way.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Caleb being pressured into sex was...not great.

I'm sure the dude has been sending all kinds of freaky messages up until this point promising a crazy soak session. But the practicalities of having sex with someone who's only 3 feet tall set in, and it's fine to be hesitant about it. Alina doesn't have the patience for that though and is going to see hesitance as proof that he wasn't that into her.

Ella was... Well, she certainly knows what she likes. And for his part he seems into it. But she's fetishizing a whole culture and is attracted to any avatar of that culture, even if it's not actually real (She probably thinks they carry samurai swords on planes like in KILL BILL). While he just likes white women with big tits. But I have a feeling that this is going to be dead soon once it turns out he can't come over, even though it would comedy gold if he starts working on a ranch and wearing a big hat.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Is that dude actually a famous Nigerian rapper?

'Famous' is a relative term, as is 'rapper'. He's certainly more famous now than he was. But in short, no he's not. Any money he has he's made off Cameo.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Bloody Cat Farm posted:

I don’t understand why you’d give up what she’s claiming to make money-wise because of this. I mean, $50k per week? I’d be pain-farting all day.

It's because she was lying. The only source for her earning that much is her. And then she's conveniently 'retiring' from it after she bagged some headlines and some sales.

She was definitely doing it, but not for the amount she has been claiming.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Cameo numbers. Tom, hilariously, had earned about 19k from doing Cameos. It's his only source of income (despite him cosplaying as an English gent) and it puts him earning below minimum wage.

Darcey is about 150k so far. She still buys fakes though.

Souja Boy has earned over 20k. He's posted how much he's earned, to make it look like he's earning millions, but that's in Nigerian currency. Still, given that he was sharing a bed with two other dudes when the show started I'm sure it's been an uplift to his life. I just hope he's not dumb enough to put it all back into his music.

Most depressing of all is that Big Ed has earned over 600k from Cameos. That guy has always been inexplicably popular given what a prick he was in his season.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Wait, I thought Tom worked in the fashion industry in some capacity. Is being "that dick from that gross show" really his full-time gig? 19K is nothing if you live in London, like probably not even a years rent.

On his Linkedin he lists 90 Day as his 'job', says he attended 'the school of hard knocks' and has an endorsement from his sister relating to some vague project. I don't know for sure but I've seen it repeated that he actually lives with his mother.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Caleb is trying, bless him, but I think he's absolutely been trying to convince himself that he's sexually attracted to Alina. He was right to shut the friend down though. I get her and Elijah want to look out for her, but let them have that talk.

Also at the end I thought the camera man was going to watch them gently caress.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Alina posted this... yesterday

https://i.redd.it/q5sxa6p935b81.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Ben is such a deadbeat dad who uses Jesus and God's will to justify whatever bullshit he wants, and his family and friends know it.

On the 90 Day Reddit, someone who knows the family and was friends with the daughter (she's given proof) gave some background. Ben and the Ex wife were hugely homophobic. The redditor had short hair and so they were convinced she was Gay and wouldn't let her come to their house. His ex girlfriend decided she didn't like his kids, so he just stopped seeing them.

She has already been showing up on social media. She's real, and older, she's just been massively editing her pictures. Ben isn't going to be interested given that she's not a third his age.

DrVenkman fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jan 18, 2022