Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Vomik posted:

Remember when he said conor was tiring out khabib by laying on the ground and getting punched in the face.

I have a friend who’s done some BJJ and he inexplicably had the same opinion. Just...what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Shadow225 posted:

did anything ever come from that irish goon (southpaugh?)'s underground rumblings that conor abused and or raped his mistress

That rumor is hiding out with the one about Conor being mob-banned from Ireland.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Maybe the mob DID ban him but it turned out they were a bunch of do-nothing cunts?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

UFC 235, T-Mobile arena

Khabib vs Tony (155 title)
Max vs Conor II (145 title)

Yeah?

edit: or if Conor knows he's not making 145 anymore, have that fight also be at 155 and that way we'll get khabib vs max when Tony inevitably trips over his own pants at the weigh in or something.

Brut fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 2, 2019

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

I.N.R.I posted:

i dont think much of dominic cruzs commentary .. despite being a fighter his commentary reminds me of those types of online commenters who say stuff like He would have won if he put his hand there and then his foot over here and then twisted out of mount etc like theyre playing tekken. maybe he cant put his hand there because the other guys muscles are too big. you ever considered that. how big the guys muscles are. see how they glisten under the halogen

I like when dom is commentating a gassy heavyweight fight and he’s like “yeah but he’s just throwing 1 punch he needs to throw combos 4, 5, 6 punch combos” like he expects everyone to be a volume striker.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jerusalem posted:

Maybe the mob DID ban him but it turned out they were a bunch of do-nothing cunts?

turns out the mob will unban you for a decent percentage of your whiskey operation.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I get the feeling DC is on the outs a little bit. Rogan has referenced a few times where DC was good on the mic and commentating well but the truck was telling him not talk about stuff. Notable the staph infection and when he was going off for thugrose when she won the title.

If so it's a shame because he is easily the most fun to listen to.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

BlindSite posted:

I get the feeling DC is on the outs a little bit. Rogan has referenced a few times where DC was good on the mic and commentating well but the truck was telling him not talk about stuff. Notable the staph infection and when he was going off for thugrose when she won the title.

DC’s made mention of a big opportunity he has that sounds like it’s not in the UFC. Though he didn’t name the UFC or Dana in his shitlist, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s soured on the organization a bit and decided to take his talents elsewhere.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

FishBowlRobot posted:

DC’s made mention of a big opportunity he has that sounds like it’s not in the UFC. Though he didn’t name the UFC or Dana in his shitlist, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s soured on the organization a bit and decided to take his talents elsewhere.

WWE probably has several jobs ready and waiting for DC whenever he's done fighting

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.mmamania.com/2019/1/2/18165087/manager-fabricio-werdum-done-youll-never-see-him-ufc-again

quote:

“I think Fabricio’s done. You’ll never see him in the UFC again,” Abdelaziz told MMA Fighting. “They need to do what they need to do, but at the end of the day, Fabricio has to do whatever he needs to do for his family. After his suspension ends and he comes back, he’ll be 43. What is he going to do? If they open a senior league, we’ll wait. I think Fabricio will be fighting in Russia (next), to be honest with you. I need the UFC’s blessing for this. I want their blessing.”

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Mekchu posted:

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/1/2/18165087/manager-fabricio-werdum-done-youll-never-see-him-ufc-again

quote:

“I think Fabricio’s done. You’ll never see him in the UFC again,” Abdelaziz told MMA Fighting. “They need to do what they need to do, but at the end of the day, Fabricio has to do whatever he needs to do for his family. After his suspension ends and he comes back, he’ll be 43. What is he going to do? If they open a senior league, we’ll wait. I think Fabricio will be fighting in Russia (next), to be honest with you. I need the UFC’s blessing for this. I want their blessing.”

Does fighting in Russia really pay more than teaching BJJ somewhere if you're Fabricio Werdum? gently caress.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

BlindSite posted:

Dc is the worst part of any broadcast he is involved in

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Does fighting in Russia really pay more than teaching BJJ somewhere if you're Fabricio Werdum? gently caress.
[/quote]

gently caress yes. Gimme Fedor vs Werdum II

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

DC and Felder are both fun and get the game, Cruz is kinda insufferable. Anik is...serviceable.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Brut posted:

\

It does when you're subsidized by Kadryov and/or other war criminals + oligarchs

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
cruz sucks. felder is good

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Welcome back how was your christmas and new years

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

More importantly did you see Cyborg get face plant KO'd because it still makes me happy

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
lol that was wild

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
khabib please fight cool tony

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Robert Analog posted:

I like when dom is commentating a gassy heavyweight fight and he’s like “yeah but he’s just throwing 1 punch he needs to throw combos 4, 5, 6 punch combos” like he expects everyone to be a volume striker.

I hate when Dom commentates fighters that he's trained for like TJ or Barao because instead of commentating the fight he just points out the most minute idiosyncrasies and tells you what his gameplan would be. He treats it like it's a Gracie Breakdown type of video instead of live commentating.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
has he commentated a cody fight?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

frenton posted:

I hate when Dom commentates fighters that he's trained for like TJ or Barao because instead of commentating the fight he just points out the most minute idiosyncrasies and tells you what his gameplan would be. He treats it like it's a Gracie Breakdown type of video instead of live commentating.

just tell me why the poo poo fuckin hurts, how hard is that?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

gently caress yes. Gimme Fedor vs Werdum II

I also would like to see that but Fedor is fighting in Bellator so that's not what "Fighting in Russia" means.

CRISPYBABY posted:

It does when you're subsidized by Kadryov and/or other war criminals + oligarchs

Sorry in my mind Chechnya is a different place from Russia and thus ACB ACA didn't come to mind.

Though I guess whoever is funding M1 is probably some kind of war criminal too.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs5YwFONswQ&t=21s

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If they don't make Khabib vs Tony, they have to make Max vs Tony because that would be insanely good.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Shadow225 posted:

did anything ever come from that irish goon (southpaugh?)'s underground rumblings that conor abused and or raped his mistress

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/irish-sports-star-dublin-hotel-13733282

You can get several variations on the article by going to any of the other Irish redtops, its gonna be dropped though, shes not talking. The entourage referred to in the article are the guys who attacked the bus with him, cian cowley, that guy golare bofando dropped on his head whose name I can never remember. Charlie Ward! And other cokehead dirtbags.

I know this comes off as typical GBS credulous idiocy, but I would have been a big Mcgregor defender and now I can only hope he fights khabib in hell, forever. Believe it or not guys, there aren't enough high profile Irish sportstars these days for it to be anyone else, let alone someone who travels with an entourage.

kimbo305 posted:

That rumor is hiding out with the one about Conor being mob-banned from Ireland.

In fairness that was always bullshit, McGregor knows local hardmen and drug dealers from growing up, just like anyone else from his background. Choosing to associate with them now is another matter.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Commentators need to have excitement and some sort of charm/personality or else they add nothing for me. I don't need a guy telling me that Fighter A just got hit, because I have eyes. But when it's a guy like Rogan or Goldie who get legit super excited whenever poo poo happens in a fight it's fun to hear. If it's a robot like Anik it's just annoying to listen to

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Collapsing Farts posted:

Commentators need to have excitement and some sort of charm/personality or else they add nothing for me. I don't need a guy telling me that Fighter A just got hit, because I have eyes. But when it's a guy like Rogan or Goldie who get legit super excited whenever poo poo happens in a fight it's fun to hear. If it's a robot like Anik it's just annoying to listen to

Yeah that’s my take. I don’t care how knowledgeable or accurate they are if they’re lacking the enthusiasm and excitement of Rogan/Goldberg/DC.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Kilometers Davis tryna' get in on the action -- nothin' doin' there.

This post brought to you by Avengers: Infinity War at home and on demand now.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Anik is fine, he’s the stats and ads dude. Dom is mostly humorless and never seems like he’s having fun, that’s what bothers me. DC and Rogan always seem like they’re having a good time. Same with Felder. They’re happy to be there to call fights, Dom is happy to be there to prove he’s really, really smart guys.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Anik, Felder and Dom is pretty much my ideal booth for UFC. Dom's a little too dry to be the only color guy but I think he has good insight.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Southpaugh posted:

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/irish-sports-star-dublin-hotel-13733282

You can get several variations on the article by going to any of the other Irish redtops, its gonna be dropped though, shes not talking. The entourage referred to in the article are the guys who attacked the bus with him, cian cowley, that guy golare bofando dropped on his head whose name I can never remember. Charlie Ward! And other cokehead dirtbags.

I know this comes off as typical GBS credulous idiocy, but I would have been a big Mcgregor defender and now I can only hope he fights khabib in hell, forever. Believe it or not guys, there aren't enough high profile Irish sportstars these days for it to be anyone else, let alone someone who travels with an entourage.

In fairness that was always bullshit, McGregor knows local hardmen and drug dealers from growing up, just like anyone else from his background. Choosing to associate with them now is another matter.

Stfu

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

get hosed

It would be more internet of me to accuse you of in fact being a rape apologist, but im sticking with get hosed because gently caress you you suck.

Southpaugh fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 3, 2019

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey, we're barely 3 days into 2019. Make a resolution to not start slap fights in the thread.

Bless you both.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Southpaugh posted:

get hosed

It would be more internet of me to accuse you of in fact being a rape apologist, but im sticking with get hosed because gently caress you you suck.

You wish it happened you gossipy lil bitch lmao

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Look we can all agree that rape is bad but until one of those articles is from a credible news source and says "Conor McGregor", occam's razor says it's some footballer.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its Piers Morgan

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mekchu posted:

Hey, we're barely 3 days into 2019. Make a resolution to not start slap fights in the thread.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/Amanda_Leoa/status/1080858644068085760

https://twitter.com/Amanda_Leoa/status/1080871107689881601

These tweets are 40 minutes apart now I'm just confused

Brut fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jan 3, 2019