Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Happy New Year!

Houston might be good again, Warriors are washed, Nuggets are a weird good team, Timberwolves aren't good anymore, Kawhi is staying, Philly needs a healthy Embiid, Boston should be lead by Marcus Smart, Bulls are maybe not a model franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Pistons are still mediocre.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

LeBron James

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1079820265742368769

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:hmmyes:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

boylen needs to get the bulls playing with this kind of pace

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

This owns. WORK EDNA

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

better defense than Jabari Parker

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
NBA N/V January: I told y'all there was buckets.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Video James Johnson

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
https://mobile.twitter.com/gomesdalegend/status/1079823440524267520?s=21

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This owns. WORK EDNA

I should have seen this video before I made the title.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

It's weird. It'd probably look way different actually worn.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Kawhi made a good shoe

HE'S STAYING

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Lockback posted:

I should have seen this video before I made the title.

What do you want it as now precisely?

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

iospace posted:

WORK EDNA

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

the Kawhi shoe is BIG NEWS for Team He's Staying.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Lockback posted:

It's weird. It'd probably look way different actually worn.

I agree, the colors pop way too much with the instagram filter and lighting but the raptor claw marks and even the dumbass logo on the side fits. the logo on the toe cap looks bad though.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

*combs hair, adjusts bowtie*....

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBCSWizards/status/1080120233615130624

Y'all fucks trolled John Wall into hurting himself, please stop bullying our most sensitive Americans, NBA All Stars.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Who called him not a bust?

BECAUSE NOW HE A FULL BLOW BUSTA

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

zoux posted:

Y'all fucks trolled John Wall into hurting himself, please stop bullying our most sensitive Americans, NBA All Stars.

Maybe you should not be playing if you're too injured to move? Just a thought

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

zoux posted:

Do you all hear something? 😴

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Did dokmo make a video about John Wall's bad defense

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

iospace posted:

Time posted:

WORK EDNA

"Makin Edna Work"

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Drunk Canuck posted:

Kawhi made a good shoe

when did he do that

zoux posted:

now that we have john wall's attention, can i interest you in developing a jump shot, john

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

zoux posted:

Did dokmo make a video about John Wall's bad defense

Set it to Hard Time Killing Floor Blues please

Speaking of defense, and the Rockets have crept up to that coveted #22 spot. Jeff Bzdelik puttin in work

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The west is ridiculously tight

Jim Harden is good

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

In my professional opinion as an aesthete and so on they look like Lillards combined with Lebrons now that the Lebrons have a little Kobe in them. They're totally fine and I hope they succeed in dominating the Canadian sneaker market, as they'd be made in america and we'd be getting money back from the nation which always dumps its oil sludge into american towns and rivers and drops its garbage in america's most scenic states

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dejan Bimble posted:

In my professional opinion as an aesthete and so on they look like Lillards combined with Lebrons now that the Lebrons have a little Kobe in them. They're totally fine and I hope they succeed in dominating the Canadian sneaker market, as they'd be made in america and we'd be getting money back from the nation which always dumps its oil sludge into american towns and rivers and drops its garbage in america's most scenic states

Well America is a big dump with a trashman for president.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Danny LaFever posted:

Well America is a big dump with a trashman for president.

I don't think anyone wins in a showdown between drama teacher premier and lumpenbillionaire scammer president

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Chris Bosh had a unique body. There isn't anyone in the NBA who's directly comparable right now, even if you erase the puffed up skinny neck steroid Miami late version

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Dejan Bimble posted:

Chris Bosh had a unique body. There isn't anyone in the NBA who's directly comparable right now, even if you erase the puffed up skinny neck steroid Miami late version

He is a solid .8 on the Merton Hanks scale.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Burn the Wizards down.

https://sports.yahoo.com/wizards-assistant-coach-kristi-toliver-paid-just-10000-six-figure-job-184136654.html

"It’s been hard for women to break into the coaching ranks of the NBA, but they’ve been making slow and steady progress. Kristi Toliver is proof of that. The Washington Wizards hired Toliver as an assistant coach in October, and she’s received rave reviews from Wizards players and head coach Scott Brooks.

But while NBA assistant coaches typically make upward of $100,000, Howard Megdal of the New York Times reported that Toliver is paid a fraction of that. Toliver is being paid just $10,000 to work as an NBA assistant coach, 1/10 of the typical assistant coach’s salary."

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
i'm marvelling at the amount of organizational cheapness that would make them think trying to get away with that was worth 90k

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

chunkles posted:

i'm marvelling at the amount of organizational cheapness that would make them think trying to get away with that was worth 90k

It is Leonsis.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Lockback posted:

"Makin Edna Work"

Will do when I get home

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Spacebump posted:

Burn the Wizards down.

https://sports.yahoo.com/wizards-assistant-coach-kristi-toliver-paid-just-10000-six-figure-job-184136654.html

"It’s been hard for women to break into the coaching ranks of the NBA, but they’ve been making slow and steady progress. Kristi Toliver is proof of that. The Washington Wizards hired Toliver as an assistant coach in October, and she’s received rave reviews from Wizards players and head coach Scott Brooks.

But while NBA assistant coaches typically make upward of $100,000, Howard Megdal of the New York Times reported that Toliver is paid a fraction of that. Toliver is being paid just $10,000 to work as an NBA assistant coach, 1/10 of the typical assistant coach’s salary."

Like, $10k/yr salary? That’s disgusting. And assistants usually only make $100k? That also seems low.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

PotatoJudge posted:

He is a solid .8 on the Merton Hanks scale.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

The Maestro posted:

Like, $10k/yr salary? That’s disgusting. And assistants usually only make $100k? That also seems low.

I don't have any idea beyond published coaches salaries and publicized defensive/offense coordinator type salaries, but I'd guess after the top 2 guys the salary goes down like so \_