Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

ground floor

vintage tag crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Slippery posted:

https://youtu.be/aZY-yQYVf38

speaking of 20 minutes into the future, heres the original movie on which the series was based

Some primo 80s cyberpunk
code:
 a e s t h e t i c 
in there

max headroom max headowns

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

They did the music for brigador, which whips rear end

quoting for extreme truth

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Mr.Radar posted:

Huh, apparently David Byrne is not just an OG punk rocker but also an OG cyberpunk. Here's an interview with him from 1979:

Amazingly prescient considering the Apple II, TRS-80, and PET were only 2 years old at the time and the VIC-20 and ZX80 (probably the first truly "cheap" home computers) wouldn't debut until the next year.

drat

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

lmfao

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

when the a e s t h e t i c is actual, a 1986 advert

daaaaaaaaamn

i strongly suspect there's way more faux-80s-aesthetic stuff out now than there ever was actual stuff done in that style in the 80s

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

communism bitch posted:

Pretty weak compared to cyberblyat imvho.

it's got some fancier editing going on but yeah the Russia one will always be the funniest

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

TimWinter posted:

Any good cyberpunk-light coats that are good in the rain? I need a new coat and am looking for something that hints that I'm an insufferable, credulous, I love science dink but doesn't outright say it.

If I can't find anything I'm just going to go with something that'll last until the end of time from Carhartt.

make a poncho out of a trash bag

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

re: dumb cyberpunk fashion or whatever

https://dustrial.net/

i love and hate everything here and if i was still in highschool wearing cargo pants and thinkgeek shirts i'd get every shirt they have

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

extremely pro-loving click

:barf:
It’s just the way the world works now, said Gaggle CEO Jeff Patterson.

“Privacy went out the window in the last five years,” he said. “We’re a part of that. For the good of society, for protecting kids.”
:barf:

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

i think with cyberpunk 2077 a lot of people have hyped themselves up to expect something that the game will never be able to deliver. it's going to nail the aesthetic and probably little else. if you want a deep, nuanced story just read some gibson or whatever. this will just be a video game, hopefully it will be fun.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

might as well xpost this here

SO DEMANDING posted:

pinball festival was cool. pics linked to full size

you can get the ball up to the hands and they will pick it up, then you use the flipper controls to move it over to the grid thing to the right. i had no idea what was going on and it kicked rear end.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

taqueso posted:

The future is here and it sucks rear end

thread fukken title

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I still have not watched the third ever, not even once. I keep thinking I should, just to say I have and finish the story but Reloaded was so bad by itself I can never work up the enthusiasm.

same except for even thinking that i should watch it someday. the second one had some cool poo poo in it but my overall thought while watching it was that they never should have bothered with any goddamn sequels.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Krankenstyle posted:

wait is the cave rave/orgy in the second one? lol theyre such a mess, theres no plot, just set pieces.

lol yes it is and...yes it is!

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Jimmy Carter posted:

why does this person have so many cameras in their house?

communism bitch posted:

Those sound loud af. How big is this dudes house that he can have two of them whirring and yelling at night and not be woke up??

Lots of questions yo be answered IMHO.

dollars to donuts he has a shitload of smart speakers all throughout his house

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

good poo poo

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Krankenstyle posted:

yea same, this is surprisingly pleasant for a weird one-off website

the early web was nothing but weird one-off websites

better times

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

yoink

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

infernal machines posted:

ahahaha. that's awesome

even better if it's a foil lined lunch bag

jfc i need that right the gently caress now SOMEONE MAKE THIS HOLY poo poo

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

psiox posted:

just finished watching 'dredd' again and am jonesing for more cyberpunk film

if i haven't already mentioned it, 'death machine' is in fact a good entry in the genre. brad dourif as incredibly stereotypical computer guy working for the military-industrial complex is great, the protagonists are great, it's worth a watch.

disappointed that 'freejack' isn't on hulu or prime. oh well.

freejack is goofy as hell and underrated as far as weird 80s action films go

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

I've toyed with the idea of building a deck but have yet to find a head mounted display that isn't either pure jank or way too expensive for a dumb novelty project I'd never actually use

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

so hey remind me again why the gently caress facebook of all things bought a VR company?? did zucc read too much gibson and seriously think the future internet would VR cyberspace or some poo poo and he wanted in? idfgi.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

the above photo is a deceptively tiny model lady, the actual bag will hold an iPhone 7+, a wallet and an earbud case and that’s it 100% full.

so it'd be perfect for chargers, cables, etc. then toss it in your suitcase and giggle like an idiot. or at least i would.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Fib posted:

post an update if you’re offering accounts, my deck is ready

:stare:

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Stick Insect posted:

Competitive multiplayer social worship - it's free to pray

But also pray to win (less time in purgatory).

boooooooooo

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

lmfao

these guys are good.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

qirex posted:

someone bought the liam wong lightroom preset pack I see

they're good photos but the processing makes them look exactly like someone else's work [who also processes the poo poo out of his street photos]

good poo poo there

sidenote gently caress off instagram jesus christ.

can use ublock's element zapper to nuke it quickly but it's unavoidable on mobile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Sham bam bamina! posted:

has anyone said cybertruck 2019

nah that's gonna be for next year: