Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalenden
Oct 30, 2012
Couple of years ago I had a wonderful citytrip to London, coming from Belgium. I'd like to go again, but I'm unsure how wise it would be concerning the Brexit.

I.e., is it likely, whatever happens, that there will be riots? Eurostar won't work? Of course, it is difficult to predict, since it isn't even sure if and how the Brexit will happen, but I was wondering about the tourism implications in terms of practicalities and unrest for the coming months. The trip would be aimed at the end of April.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
It's going to be like the end of Infinity War

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Ragnarok is coming.

Kalenden
Oct 30, 2012
Look obviously I know it won't be that bad.

I was just wondering if it was wise to travel to London during a time of potential social unrest due to the Brexit.

Similarly to how going to Paris the previous weeks might not be optimal.

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

Kalenden posted:

Look obviously I know it won't be that bad.

I was just wondering if it was wise to travel to London during a time of potential social unrest due to the Brexit.

Similarly to how going to Paris the previous weeks might not be optimal.

Paris was fine the previous weeks, that stuff is almost always overblown in media, like as if it was the 1960s Paris student protests again General strikes are waaaay more disruptive than any protest when it comes to France anyway. Most museums were only closed on one single day out of that entire 6 weeks or whatever of gilet jaunes, basically if you avoided the upper part of the champs Élysée and the area around palais d Élysée and you’d never know anything was going on. I’ve been in Paris during "big protests" and while I’m sure they’re big, 20k people throwing rocks at police in some corner of a city of 10m isn’t exactly grinding the city to a halt.

The stuff that makes the news is like one or two streets out of the country when everything else is going on more or less business as usual. Brexit is going to be inconsequential for day-to-day tourists on the ground. Major macro events don’t necessarily have any visible micro impact.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
It will be fine. If there were going to be riots they'd have happened by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Bollock Monkey posted:

It will be fine. If there were going to be riots they'd have happened by now.

politicians keep claiming there'll be riots if somehow brexit doesn't happen. but we don't need to worry about it because they're going to make sure brexit happens in order to prevent the riots, because apparently our national policy is now to surrender to threats of terrorism or something? idk

anyway, op: it'll be fine, and you'll have a great time living like a king because everyone will want your foreign money as we desperately try to claw our way out of the smoking crater where our economy used to be