Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

I’m seeing these all over the airport here in Idaho

It’s on a sign at every entrance, every parking garage entrance, the cell phone lot, etc. it’s even on a 10 foot floor mat right before security

Lotta morons wanting to fly with their little friend I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

whoa for a secondi thought robert deniro had died. op i'm going to taxi driver your motherfucken rear end

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s the same industry that still puts no smoking signs on anything with a flat surface, and morons still try to get away with it.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Does 2nd amendment apply in airspace? Or is it like the ocean far enough from shore, where you captain is your God, your priest, your judge and executioner?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Colonel Cancer posted:

Does 2nd amendment apply in airspace? Or is it like the ocean far enough from shore, where you captain is your God, your priest, your judge and executioner?

the secret is that your allowed to have guns in the air, but they can restrict you from taking them through the airport. if you sneak on the airplane with a firearm but don't get caught in the airport then they have to let you keep it

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Fun fact, check plant boxes around airports. People forget they have a knife or their gun on them. They tend to bury them in the planter boxes.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

500 good dogs posted:

the secret is that your allowed to have guns in the air, but they can restrict you from taking them through the airport. if you sneak on the airplane with a firearm but don't get caught in the airport then they have to let you keep it

is that for real, cause why in the hell would they restrict knives and liquids but not a gun

Edgar posted:

Fun fact, check plant boxes around airports. People forget they have a knife or their gun on them. They tend to bury them in the planter boxes.

Sweet time to get a free gun

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
Goodbye My Linux Rig's penis.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

My Linux Rig posted:

is that for real, cause why in the hell would they restrict knives and liquids but not a gun

its true, and the reason for banning knives and liquid is probably not what you'd expect: trade unions and anti-competition. knives are classified as tools, so the air mechanics don't want you to bring them on board, and liquids are banned because they don't want to compete on price with liquids you bring from home

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Potato guns are still legal to carry through security though, being in Idaho and all

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Hell Yeah posted:

whoa for a secondi thought robert deniro had died.

haha, this is also what I thought on reading the title

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Kak posted:

Goodbye My Linux Rig's penis.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Hell Yeah posted:

whoa for a secondi thought robert deniro had died. op i'm going to taxi driver your motherfucken rear end

Al Pacino you mean?

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

My Linux Rig posted:

I’m seeing these all over the airport here in Idaho

It’s on a sign at every entrance, every parking garage entrance, the cell phone lot, etc. it’s even on a 10 foot floor mat right before security

Lotta morons wanting to fly with their little friend I guess

In Georgia (and consequently, in the busiest airport in the US, Hartsfield-Jackson International) it is legal to have your firearm on your person if you are not going through security. Occasionally idiot assholes will open carry large rifles to make an idiot rear end in a top hat point about muh gun rights.

They also changed the law in 2014 so you don't get arrested for trying to get your gun through security anymore https://www.ajc.com/business/airport-prepares-for-new-gun-law/P0XVvY9dcB5HroHW00HfRO/ so that's a thing

I imagine these stickers are in place to notify people that Idaho is marginally less loving stupid than Georgia.

:911:

squid pro quo
Nov 11, 2018
When I was in the army I had to carry a rifle and it was a pain in the rear end. I don’t know why anyone would want to do it if they didn’t have to

Korthal
May 26, 2011

squid pro quo posted:

When I was in the army I had to carry a rifle and it was a pain in the rear end. I don’t know why anyone would want to do it if they didn’t have to

Well, it's one thing to be in a war zone, but it's another to be passing through an inner city neighborhood.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Man 80's cartoons had some weird poo poo they could not get away with these days. A show about a month boss and his little friends (a gun and a pile of coke with arms and legs) would be too "un-pc" to air these days.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

If your fists are registered as deadly weapons, you can no longer fly anywhere. The struggle is real.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

13Pandora13 posted:

In Georgia (and consequently, in the busiest airport in the US, Hartsfield-Jackson International) it is legal to have your firearm on your person if you are not going through security. Occasionally idiot assholes will open carry large rifles to make an idiot rear end in a top hat point about muh gun rights.

They also changed the law in 2014 so you don't get arrested for trying to get your gun through security anymore https://www.ajc.com/business/airport-prepares-for-new-gun-law/P0XVvY9dcB5HroHW00HfRO/ so that's a thing

I imagine these stickers are in place to notify people that Idaho is marginally less loving stupid than Georgia.

:911:

just one more reason I’ll never visit the south :stare:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

500 good dogs posted:

You know how they do mid-air refueling? They should do that but for guns. Really disrupt the status quo...

I suppose tying your little friends to a balloon might work too, but matching that delta v might prove difficult.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Colonel Cancer posted:

You know how they do mid-air refueling? They should do that but for guns. Really disrupt the status quo...

I suppose tying your little friends to a balloon might work too, but matching that delta v might prove difficult.

Two random oxygen masks are replaced with guns, adding an additional level of urgency to "place your mask on before assisting others."

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
Why do all the guns in America have faces on them?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Clearly an affront on my responsibility to defend this nation from tyranny, and further, on my persoonhood itself as a real man. No doubt pussification has occurred here.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

500 good dogs posted:

its true, and the reason for banning knives and liquid is probably not what you'd expect: trade unions and anti-competition. knives are classified as tools, so the air mechanics don't want you to bring them on board, and liquids are banned because they don't want to compete on price with liquids you bring from home

Trust me dude, the guy fixing the airplane doesn't give a poo poo what you carry on board as long as it doesn't cause the jet to come home broke dick.

What you're probably thinking of is that employee unions for the airlines (specifically the Flight Attendants Union) had them banned because someone carrying knives into a confined space you can't escape from filled with booze and angry travelers is a really bad idea.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Julius CSAR posted:

Trust me dude, the guy fixing the airplane doesn't give a poo poo what you carry on board as long as it doesn't cause the jet to come home broke dick.

What you're probably thinking of is that employee unions for the airlines (specifically the Flight Attendants Union) had them banned because someone carrying knives into a confined space you can't escape from filled with booze and angry travelers is a really bad idea.

I mean, that's the excuse they give you as far as drinking on board ("so they can control how much you drink/make sure you're not over-served") but I have never been stopped from 1. drinking an obscene amount in airport bars or 2. ordering like 6 minis in a two hour flight. It's definitely so the airliner can charge you $8 for a $1.99 50mL Woodford Reserve.

squid pro quo
Nov 11, 2018
I flew first class once in my life (company paid) and I was drunk before we left the ground

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Goodbye little friend," I say as I shove my kid out the airport door. "Mom's going to Jamaica, be back in three weeks."

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Me.jpg

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

squid pro quo posted:

I flew first class once in my life (company paid) and I was drunk before we left the ground

Last time I flew to Amsterdam I was so ripshit on free cognac I got on the wrong train twice.

It was fine and I'm glad they didn't cut me off but lol at the idea they were concerned about over-serving me.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

hmm, ok interesting, its not a bad idea, but an even better idea is to have a contest to see who can get a firearm all the way through security and the first person who gets one through undetected wins $3920

the denver airport is really doubling down on their conspiracy poo poo as their whole marketing thing and i think boise needs something with real Pop and Spark to stay competitive in the mountain time zone airport vertical

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

squid pro quo posted:

During my time in the Austrian army I had to drag this 4,45 kg piece of ancient technology around, plus one mag on the rifle and 4 spare ones in pouches. Plus constant drills and getting chewed out if I didn't carry, clean or store it properly. And woe upon any private who violated shooting range safety.

Makes you wonder if universal conscription Euro-style, would actually improve gun safety in the US. Safety, regulations and proper maintenance were drilled so hard into us that even now, 20 years later, I could strip down and clean the StG58 in the dark and the service teaches you a lot of respect for weapons in general.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 6, 2019

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

13Pandora13 posted:

I mean, that's the excuse they give you as far as drinking on board ("so they can control how much you drink/make sure you're not over-served") but I have never been stopped from 1. drinking an obscene amount in airport bars or 2. ordering like 6 minis in a two hour flight. It's definitely so the airliner can charge you $8 for a $1.99 50mL Woodford Reserve.

Oh lol, I was talking about knives on the jets, not the liquids. Be drunk as hell on the jet, it's a blast.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

squid pro quo posted:

Friend of mine I flew with started drinking as soon as we arrived at the airport as he wanted to test how far he can get before someone stops him.
I had to half-carry him in the plane and one stewardess even helped me with it and they happily continued serving poo poo in the air.

Downside was that his company denied paying for it afterwards, as they only agreed to "regular amounts of consumption".

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Nobnob posted:

Friend of mine I flew with started drinking as soon as we arrived at the airport as he wanted to test how far he can get before someone stops him.
I had to half-carry him in the plane and one stewardess even helped me with it and they happily continued serving poo poo in the air.

Downside was that his company denied paying for it afterwards, as they only agreed to "regular amounts of consumption".

Lol why would you ever try to expense something like that, his poo poo is going to get combed over on every report for the rest of his career.

You put your first drink and food on one tab, your other 5 on a separate tab. Charge the minis on the flight to your credit card that has the $100-250 annual airline incidentals bonus. Everyone knows this.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

huh yeah why would a guy who wanted to test how blitzed the airline would let you get have such an ill-fated lack of foresight?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
One time I got on a flight after breaking my arm and I downed like two vodka redbulls and four vicodin and blared some Beethoven in my headphones while I watched the clouds outside. I'm sure my pupils were as big as dinner plates and I looked high as gently caress, but who cares! Good times.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

13Pandora13 posted:

Lol why would you ever try to expense something like that, his poo poo is going to get combed over on every report for the rest of his career.

You put your first drink and food on one tab, your other 5 on a separate tab. Charge the minis on the flight to your credit card that has the $100-250 annual airline incidentals bonus. Everyone knows this.

As a matter of fact later that year he basically did the same in a hotel, drinking like $400 worth of alcohol in two days and since then they happily paid everything for him, no matter the cost.

I wouldn't rule out that his bosses are as talented as the airline workers at this point.

Not sure if he's an alcoholic by now though, been a while.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

9/11 NEVAR FORGET was carried out by some dudes wielding boxcutters, capable of inflicting properly nasty minor cuts. If you're on a plane and you see some dude wearing a belt, be prepared to die in fiery oblivion lest he take that belt off and give you a stern thrashing.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Chrs Gry posted:

Al Pacino you mean?

no you're incorrect, Robert Deniro was in taxi driver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
A box cutter is straight up lethal. I'd rather have a box cutter in a fight than any mall ninja pocket knife.