Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Debate me. Theres literally nothing it does that Square Cash doesnt do just as good except hold a large percent of the Urban Market :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Can you elaborate? I've never heard of any of these.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
How the gently caress is cash an app? Cash is fiat paper money printed by the government thank you very much. Plastic if you're in Canada :canada:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

pixaal posted:

Can you elaborate? I've never heard of any of these.

theyre both supposed to be a quick easy way to transfer funds to friends/family/weed plug

crabcakes dogg
Aug 8, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I can't figure out the difference between Venmo and PayPal. Why not just use PayPal?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
With this I can buy drugs online?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

crabcakes dogg posted:

I can't figure out the difference between Venmo and PayPal. Why not just use PayPal?

Oh so it's paypal for children?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Sintax posted:

With this I can buy drugs online?

Your thinking of buttcoins and tor.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I get my money from the bank

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010
Lets me get paid for "T-shirt" sales.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

accurate op, surprised more people dont realize this

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

crabcakes dogg posted:

venmo weakens rather than strengthens the thiel horcrux

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

crabcakes dogg posted:

paypal was founded by a racist and a literal vampire

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
paypal owns venmo

lol

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Elon Musk is a good argument in favor of white south african genocide

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
My cash is rectangular.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

what are you even talking about, what the gently caress. are you high?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Race Realists posted:

Debate me. Theres literally nothing it does that Square Cash doesnt do just as good except hold a large percent of the Urban Market :v:

iirc venmo doesn't charge a percentage when you use something other than a credit card, and cashapp does. white supremacy is not having to pay a 3% transaction fee on that $20 you owe kyle

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

No love for Google Pay?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I prefer Apple Pay for people with iMessage.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Im white

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

pixaal posted:

Oh so it's paypal for children?

Mostly sex workers so hopefully not any children on there

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

extra stout posted:

Mostly sex workers so hopefully not any children on there

Speaking of sex work, can we get all the 16 year old Asians off of grindr? I don't care how bored you are you miserable gently caress this is the easiest place to get some tail since craigslist and I'll not have you loving this up for the rest of us

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

SleepySonata posted:

Speaking of sex work, can we get all the 16 year old Asians off of grindr? I don't care how bored you are you miserable gently caress this is the easiest place to get some tail since craigslist and I'll not have you loving this up for the rest of us

Uh

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i have $150 in my venmo account thanks for reminding me OP

:grin:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

SleepySonata posted:

Uh

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I've never heard of Cash App, and I'm a white person who uses venmo. OP checks out

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
i got drug money paid in venmo. it was very convenient at the time. really wasnt sure why it existed over just like google pay or whatever though and did it have some kind of bizarre social media function or something? lol

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

pixaal posted:

Your thinking of buttcoins and tor.

funny enough you can use CashApp to buy Buttcoins :allears:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

1gnoirents posted:

i got drug money paid in venmo. it was very convenient at the time. really wasnt sure why it existed over just like google pay or whatever though and did it have some kind of bizarre social media function or something? lol

it was originally a competitor to PayPal. it did/does have some bizarre social media functionality wherein I can see friend X making payments to friend Y for poo poo that I have nothing to do with and wasn't even present for. pretty weird and dumb!

PayPal bought them because they were a competitor and they wanted in on the "millennials transferring money to each other" action

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
Combining social media with sending your buddy $20 because you forgot your wallet when you went to the bar is a questionable business model, but hordes of idiots seem to use the platform so maybe I am the true moron.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

Combining social media with sending your buddy $20 because you forgot your wallet when you went to the bar is a questionable business model, but hordes of idiots seem to use the platform so maybe I am the true moron.

1. Collect user data
2. ???
3. Profit

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

My weed guy doesn't take CashApp transfers, sorry you are wrong OP.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
2019 is the year Venmo dies and CashApp will reign supreme.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

1gnoirents posted:

Why would people want to use an app for illegal commerce rather than just cash?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
ugh I got so drunk last night me and my friend sucked each other off

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

Harveygod posted:

Lot's of people don't carry much cash on hand so it's just better to be ready to collect on any platform than hear whatever poo poo excuse someone might make when they try to flake on you.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Harveygod posted:

if you carry cash the cops will just steal it, but unless you actually get caught with something illegal they mostly leave debit cards alone

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Venmo loving sucks and Google Pay is better in every way. Much simpler and none of the social media bullshit.

Never heard of Cash App but I guess that's because I'm white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Moridin920 posted:

it did/does have some bizarre social media functionality wherein I can see friend X making payments to friend Y for poo poo that I have nothing to do with and wasn't even present for. pretty weird and dumb!

Yeah it defaults your transactions to being public which is weird and creepy. I see some friends who use this as an excuse to make silly comments at least.