Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Train rails are a specific distance apart to maximize the efficiency of changing tracks once a lever is pulled, presumably in the face of a choice during dire circumstances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Snowman_McK posted:

How did they get so much worse than EA? It's almost impressive.

They got bought by Activision, a company that launches games without microtransactions and then adds them in later via patch so that the microtransactions can't be advertised on the first-print boxes.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

pod jons will never post a good tweet

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Shut up Meg posted:

The gently caress?

The most rational, calm and helpful treatise on the most significant topic of our time, comes from a company that makes this:

https://twitter.com/steak_umm/status/1247363809842470912

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Reductress is one of the best sites on the internet.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ultrafilter posted:

Neither leisured foreign counterfeiter could attain either weird height without forfeiting protein.

My neighbor's eight beige reindeer weight too much to be shipped by freight.

This example is ancient.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Elviscat posted:

Notably after he had already reached an agreement with the county to reopen his plant.

He is a middle aged billionaire with the emotional maturity and petulance of a twelve year old.

This describes all billionaires.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Piss Meridian posted:

Why are we mad at the shredded cheese lady

because she's treating her fajitas like a bratty 8-year old treats chicken tenders without the right kind of sauce

and also "cheese wife guy" is hilarious

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

zoux posted:

Well, we're more mad at the husband I think

i mean, we're mad at both of them because they're dining out during a pandemic

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

zedprime posted:

Every year in the future I'm still surprised Record of Lodoss War is still an important franchise because it is now a 35 year old D&D let's play. Eat your heart out, Mcelroy's.

Deedlit has her own Metroidvania on Steam now.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Oh hell yeah, I remember that day. I finally got GoldenEye on N64 that weekend, and my friends and I were trying to get that stupid Facility cheat.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Pookah posted:

Good god, I remember I'd just come back from that summer in Chicago , went to a party, got home after not sleeping for 3 days and had the choice of a. sleeping or b. going into the city to buy Turok for the absurdly overpriced n64 we'd bought without any games.

I went and got Turok, got home and sat like a cabbage looking at the AMAZING water effects.

Honestly, I regret nothing.

(If I had been the one paying full price for the n64 I would have regretted plenty)

Turok still holds up. I stand by Turok 2 as well, despite it being really flawed.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Two minutes of this? For who?

For me.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Riven posted:

I was aware Japanese had two forms of writing, 3 is news to me. Couldn’t tell them apart, or from Chinese characters, with any confidence.

The third form of Japanese writing *is* Chinese characters!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Platystemon posted:

The green is from dye used to trace a leak.

Someone found the leak.

now i don't have to watch "secret of the ooze"
thanks

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

https://twitter.com/barbaraburham6/status/1363603682055622658

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

toanoradian posted:

The kid will learn how to open cans using fire.

I don't get it.

It's somehow a promoted tweet, and the responses made me laugh.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Captain Monkey posted:

Yes and you look like a jackass that takes 3x as long to park lol.

If you're bad at it, yeah.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Piell posted:

More importantly why the gently caress are you using duckduckgo

why aren't you

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

This thread became harder to read in passing when I switched to Firefox. Is there a way to get these tweets embedded like they are in Chrome?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

repiv posted:

That just came up over in the IOSM thread, apparently Firefox's Enhanced Tracking Protection blocks the embeds from working so turn that off, at least for the forums

Aha! Thanks! Yeah, I had to add an exception for here on the DuckDuckGo Privacy Filters.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

who is calling it an upgrade

this is basically the ps4 slim of switches

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

What is with messed up mindset that Ryan is not Chaotic Evil?

Have y'all met Ryan!?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I think the biggest thing right now is that Dollywood and the related restaurants were still open during the pandemic while she was getting tons of credit for helping fund the vaccine.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Vriska really brings this together.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Memento posted:

finally I've blocked enough promoted twitter accounts that I'm starting to get The Weird poo poo

Normally these go in the Idiots thread but this one seems kinda, I dunno, OK?

Yeah, this is actually a fine message, I think?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Boba Pearl posted:

This is a good thread, so I unrolled it, I'd like that to become more common in this thread, but I am not going to force anyone to do anything. Nor do I have the ability to.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1455160320683651074.html

is there a version of this site that doesn't fill the thread with tracking ads

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Columbo is copaganda.

Columbo is a vengeful demon disguised as a cop. Without him, the cops would be trash.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

https://twitter.com/davidcrosss/status/1477412315175792649

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

coming to your tooooooown.....

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

sorry to derail (to be honest i mostly just kibbutz rather than contribute tweets, i'm one of those fuckers) but why in the hell are rapid tests so scarce in the states? or are they not, if you pay out the rear end to buy them privately?
when i need rapid tests i walk up to a guy at a folding table in the park, say my postcode and he hands me a 7 pack no questions asked. well one time he handed me a 20 pack. the UK has supply issues as well (pharmacies are supposed to have them and basically stopped getting shipments) but they've been more or less available.

Panic buying and scalper hoarding. Turns out being a capitalist means profiting off dying people on even smallest of scales!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

zoux posted:

I thought au pair was just a pretentious term for nanny?

Wrong! It's the other one.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Morpheus posted:

So many people quote this and forget it's 'a animal'

Same reason people forget it's "little a ___ as a treat"

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Pokemon Counterpoint:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgkZIXQS1xA

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

learnincurve posted:

I was a teenager living in Sheffield with the OG nerd shop, the forbidden planet. You walked in and there was a huge Hans solo in carbonate statue by the front desk and then you had your areas for marvel, DC, Star Wars, Star Trek, Dr who and X men. There was a lot of holographic Klingon ship art on the walls.

Basically exactly the same things were popular then have become even more popular as subsequent generations have been exposed to them, only white men and those self hating women in the mid 90s who built an entire personality round “I’m not like other girls”, can no longer gatekeep and make people wandering into stores like the forbidden planet feel uncomfortable.

I think the issue now is that capital N nerds and super fans were never really casual with their fandom, so they weren't fringe. The majority was neck deep in the culture. Now, they're feeling isolated, because a ton more people are in their extremely huge space, with a lot of them looking at how absorbed they are and being like "What a weirdo." They are now the minority and are a potential target for ridicule in a space they originally considered their own.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

on a whole 'nother level than the rest of us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

If this keeps up, the thread title will need to be changed to "Post-Tweets."