Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Super down for Untitled NFL Team Game.

It's a lovely morning in the East Coast and you are a horrible franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Are we sure is isn’t a 3rd amendment joke?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

luxury handset posted:

yeah a parish is a county for all useful purposes, it's not like louisiana has a different breakdown of internal jurisdictional heirarchy like whatever the hell is going on in new york with counties/townships/cities/towns/villages (which also wouldn't matter for covid response really)

while i agree with his point that republican governors are largely ineffectual due to ideological reasons and not wanting to agitate their insane chud political bases, he's also falling into the classic fallacy of the south being at the bottom of national rankings in nearly all measurable categories due to poor white racists. this argument is a bit classist because it displaces a lot of bad outcomes on hillbilly stereotypes, and it often skips over the fact that the south is full of rural poor african americans, who get dumped on by nearly every aspect of our economic and political structure

trying to politicize the poverty of the south as an essential outcome of republican governance is an argument with some merit. but it relies on making invisible the cohort of america's black rural poor, whose suffering is often pushed aside so that we can point at and mock imaginary lifted truck rednecks. like it's not the suburban white racists who are dying most often here, and writing off the south as being all "well thats what you get, idiots" means leaving a lot of non-white folks out of the conversation entirely

coachO.gif

Agreed. Folks just writing off the south is understandable but is ultimately reinforcing a lot of the qualities that lead to that condemnation to begin with and just hurts everyone living there.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

luxury handset posted:

constantly shoot their own feet off

Hold up, is that a thing? I have an uncle missing a toe from a deer hunt fuckup, but I’ve not heard that as a broader thing before.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I mean it’s no Strengths Finder.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

You don’t have to know college football, but it helps. A great thread of great graphic design.

https://twitter.com/nicksuss/status/1290303695436079104

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Just the best possible tweet.
https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1297945241325010944

It may be lost on folks that don’t care about college football, but oh man is it choice if you are.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

The wife and I came across the memorial to her in Paris above the tunnel once by accident. A good amount of the messages left there were pretty decent so I guess people still care about that? I had a time and a half trying to explain why the hell it was there to the Mrs.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

EL BROMANCE posted:

Not saying I'm suspicious about Twitter story threads (I am), but lots of words and people involve yet nobody thought to take a photo of the insanity unraveling?

Much like the story about the cancelled Tomb Raider game that predicted 2020 it’s more about the journey than the destination.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I finished reading up on the Rice Lorry story and the fellow posting it mentioned posting pictures. I can’t find them though, but I’m bad at Twitter. I’d be down to see a truck full of rice at some schmuck’s house if they’re out there.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/uscpsc/status/1301870802556592128

This account is a trip and it blows me away that my tax dollars are enabling it. Which, to be clear, I’m super down for.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Iirc the cool thing to do in middle school was to fold a dollar in such a fashion to spell out “The tits of Erica” from “The United States of America”. I want to say you could allegedly do the pentagon on fire or something with a 20 but that was quite a long time ago.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

So what’s the story with Bill being a trans icon and whatnot? Is that a plot point in the new movie?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Flint_Paper posted:

I'm going to be an absolute buster and a sucker, and post my own thread about Sisyphus, but purely because I think it uses a twitter feature in a nice gimmick that I haven't seen before

https://twitter.com/Brainmage/status/949239916214571008?s=19

I took a look, but I'm not good at twitter. I assume you've quoted/linked another tweet in that thread at some point to make it basically an infinite loop? If so, that's a good trick.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

The main societies in Discworld are run by competent people with their citizens' best interests at heart.

I'd argue that isn't true. The folks running the show are only interested in keeping said show running. If that coincides with the best interests of their citizens it's a happy accident.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

The follow up tweet to this is pretty great too.

https://twitter.com/dykesweating/status/1307449910346870789

Not a SoundCloud but I appreciate the hustle.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Apparently:

https://twitter.com/BumbleBeeFoods/status/1308583380611510272

Warbird
May 23, 2012

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i though deadmau5 was famous before being a goon

also we ran off notch for great reasons

Was he a goon? I know he used to post in /v/ before even they ran him off.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Idk why you posted straight up unedited footage of the game but good on you.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Can someone give me a tldr on that whole business? I’m utterly out of fucks to give, but would appreciate being briefed so I chuckle at the memes.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Hawking is apparently an 8 so he has him beat. I think. Matt nerds are weird.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Hawking has a six Erdös Bacon number but never recorded any music, so he doesn’t have an Erdös Bacon Sabbath number since you can’t connect him to Black Sabbath.

Yes it’s super specific.

This is really dumb and I hate/love it.

To your point though:

“Stephen Hawking is near the top, with a total EBS number of 8. (Did you know that he has performed with Pink Floyd?) How close could I come to matching him and some of my other scientific heroes?”

No citations mind you. From https://www.timeshighereducation.com/blog/whats-your-erdos-bacon-sabbath-number#survey-answer

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I don't even like Georgia sports but god drat.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Katt posted:

I have to use google translate for this stuff because jordfelsbrytare doesn't make sense here :v:

Oh you have just said so. We have jordfelsbrytares for days. Pop out your mom and you get a hamburger, a handgun, and a handful of jordfelsbrytares.

What a delightful word. That’s way more fun than “ground”.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Motherfucker is most certainly not sorry, and they shouldn’t be.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Oh man I didn’t know those goobers wrote that in fukkin LaTeX of all things. That’s just icing on the cake.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Word. Nothing wrong with LaTeX per se, just that they went through the added effort vs a google doc or whatever. It’s all just very silly to me.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I’m not positive but I want to say they still may play that poem/song in kindergartens back home to help teach kiddos to count. I thinks that coming more from a place of ignorance/complete and lack of funding for new materials more than abject racism though. I’ll have to ask the next time we head back that way.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

God drat it I’m going to have to get a tiktok account aren’t I?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

Take that poo poo anywhere else, this is for good tweets

https://twitter.com/Jerk_Martin/status/1349522581444059142

Thread, but unfinished at the time I posted.

I was pissed that they were going to skip Dr. Pig based on that photo and was pleasantly surprised that it was both the second one tried and also rated quite good. They know their stuff.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Y’all stop what you’re doing and peep this thread:

https://twitter.com/weedhitter/status/1348115601324089346

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Nah my good rudeboi, ska is just the most anime of music genres

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Tiggum posted:

If by "works" you mean you can hear the music and see the video at the same time, sure. If you mean they seem to synchronise or fit together, no.

I personally chalked “works” up to “complete and utter tonal dissonance is pretty funny” and/or “nostalgia for dubs of some shows just not loving getting it”. Cleretic’s got some good examples of the former of mine and what you’re looking for. “Cruel Bosstone’s Thesis” is pretty great.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

haha horn section go doot

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Arsenic Lupin posted:

It's the ongoing level of despair in the narration that makes this thread.
https://twitter.com/pptsapper/status/1354869794596663303

That really elevates from amusing to hilarious once the relative time posted gap jumps from “20 hours ago” to “20 minutes ago”. I appreciate their willingness to forgo muting the thread and reveling in the chaos.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Cleretic posted:

This might be trending because people with absolutely no understanding of legacy code found out that Splatoon 2's netcode has an unused version check for Windows 98.

Those people have decided that this is A Symptom Of Everything Wrong With Nintendo, and not a symptom of the fact that the late 90s/early 00s were a wild time both for the establishment of standard tech solutions that would hold up for ages, and weird-rear end compatibility issues that everyone had to take into account.

Iirc modern CoD games have some degree of Quake netcode in them. Computers are fukkin hard man.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I hope that’s all just made up for Twitter points if for no other reason than the teacher having to recreate a virtual classroom as part of that affair. Mom’s a teacher and being the de facto tech support for that nonsense is worse this year than usual.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Idgaf about that channel/company, but is the lady that makes fancy knockoffs of junk food still cool?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

He’s been doing a now long running series on “basics” that’s actually been fairly helpful for ideas or filling in gaps in knowledge. Not saying it’s must watch programming but it’s entertaining enough and vaguely educational. Pretty sure he’s running out of subjects though; we can’t all be Alton Brown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

“This property to be sold as is.”