Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
So the fat stalking guy is a serial killer, right? Or is that a social experiment, or some kind of incel hobby?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

That makes sense but also calls our whole world view into question... What if things you see on twitter are not real?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Hillary Clinton did not divorce, nor defend Lewinsky in public. She is very much to blame.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Faulty grammar, well done. I feel chastised.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Bill Clinton was also friends with Jeffrey Epstein and flew around on his lolita plane. Yet somehow Lewinski is the vilified one.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Bert Roberge posted:

We do like you right wingers coming in here and contributing nothing.

No one on the left still likes Bill Clinton.

Hey, guy, I'm a communist. Like a real one, not whatever you think I am. Also a wizard, like Alan Moore. Look him up.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

More like, I worship a fictional snake, and cast spells by dedicating physical acts to metaphysical ideas.

*sorry for the derail, i'm done with it, apologies

doverhog has a new favorite as of 13:16 on Jul 15, 2019

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I scribble little symbols on the backs of old receipts, and each symbol corresponds to a set of exercise I just did. Like a small circle is 5 kettlebell swings with a 40 kg bell, a + is 10 with a 20 kg one. Infinity symbol is overhead press. etc.

Maybe magic doesn't work but at least got in some exercise while doing it.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

The first "leftist" reaction is to deny religion, because it is synonymous with christianity. The next step is going, who said the mystical is synonymous with christianity?

I'm not gonna believe in Jesus, because he is right wing. Instead, I'm gonna read a comic book and believe in this wizard guy. That's better, right? :angel:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

That was a facetious statement, about how Christianity is perceived, or what it has become. Jesus' actual teachings have almost nothing to do with mainstream christianity today.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

He would've been shot by an IDF soldier.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Aleister Crowley tells a joke:

How do you help a man plagued by invisible rats?

Give him a box filled with invisible ferrets.

Also, as far as I know, Moore has never said what he did is "chaos magick". That's a specific concept he doesn't follow.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Acceptance of the status quo is a sign of maturity, sure. So is laying down and dying of old age.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

So, we as rational men should strip ourselves of all mystical thought?

Also magic is not pseudoscience. It's either not science at all, or it's psychology/sociology.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I like that tweet. Also, after directing a few TNG episodes because that's something they let series regulars do on long running shows, Frakes became a steadily working TV director on shows nothing to do with Trek, like NCIS: Los Angeles. :11tea:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

TV is not a director's medium, he's there to shoot the script he was given within the time allotted.

*i dunno why I thought "perfectly competent" was a slight of some kind that needed defending against, lol

doverhog has a new favorite as of 00:13 on Jul 27, 2019

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Not everyone can be an artist, some people just need to work for a living.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I saw his metal band Body Count in Tuska, a metal music festival held in Helsinki, last summer and it was good. When I first heard about it I thought "this is kinda bullshit why is Ice T playing at a metal festival" but I was wrong, he killed it and the crowd loved it too.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Dude, the band is probably older than you are.

Sure, I just didn't know about it before hearing about it, and then hearing them actually play. I was praising Ice T in case you didn't notice.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I give him enthusiastic respect. I just didn't know about Body Count.

That speaks poorly of me, yes, I should've known about Body Count before seeing them live. It shouldn't have been a surprise. Sorry.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

That's the male of the species trying to get laid, extrapolate just a little and you have all of human history.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Which frog is which though?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Inceltown posted:

This is not a Kaufmanesque bit. While it would be nice to think it is a joke she has spent 9 months in prison for dog sex. Bad tweet.

Is this real? Because 9 months of hard time for that seems like too much.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I believe in rehabilitative justice. In Finland you could stab someone and you wouldn't do 9 months. Dog loving is less of a threat to the public than stabbing.

What's the public interest here? Who's the one whose rights are being protected? What degree of state intervention is warranted?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Woof woof motherfucker.

*that's a joke, in case it was unclear

doverhog
May 31, 2013

You go next, describe your ideas w/r/t criminal justice. Or rather, don't, as it's the wrong thread for that kinda stuff. Feel free to PM me though.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Doc Hawkins posted:

it's animal abuse

i won't defend prisons, but forced treatment for her obvious severe illness would serve her own welfare as well as the dogs'

She clearly has some kind of mental problem that should be treated, but as you said that is a separate issue and not solved by putting her in prison.

doverhog has a new favorite as of 19:10 on Aug 7, 2019

doverhog
May 31, 2013

In physical reality but the actual crime was quite pedestrian.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

He was great in Sons of Anarchy. Not playing himself at all, but still that vibe you are talking about shined through. This guy would be the leader of a pack of criminals, yeah, makes sense. Rolled high on charisma.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Tired old man: "Frog, heh."
Not quite as tired millennial: "Let me tell you about my suffering, ironically."

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Maybe the kids stopped running, screaming, and knocking over vases if they were locked in a moving car.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Hide and stay hidden.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Tunicate posted:

Agreed! "Menu" is a French-derived word, so linguistically it makes NO sense that an orc :words:

I feel like I am stepping into some kind of irony trap, but in any case: anyone speaking english is not actually speaking english they are speaking common, it all has been translated to make it easier to digest for the audience. So that's a translation error.

An orc might say, "we eat meat again", and the translator inserted their biases about restaurants into the text.

doverhog has a new favorite as of 12:29 on Oct 7, 2019

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Cage fighting is a real thing I just won a bunch of money this weekend betting on Israel Adesanya by KO.

Highly recommend betting on who wins a cage fight, nothing could go wrong with that.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I wasn't commenting on the specifics just wanted to tell you guys I like cage fighting I guess.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Yoshi Wins posted:

I actually don’t hate improv, and the reason I could make fun of it from experience is that I’ve been to many improv shows. When it’s good, it’s absolutely stunning. I’ve seen multiple shows that were hilarious, original, and even emotionally moving, all at the same time.

It’s just that it’s a rare hobby where the only real way to practice it is in front of other people. An aspiring novelist can crumple up their lousy efforts and throw them in the trash. People with less than a thousand hours of improv experience must show their shortcomings to a live audience. It takes bravery!

IMO, it is also OK to acknowledge that if the show features inexperienced performers, it is very unlikely to be funny. The ones who will get good probably understand this.

What stops you from practicing improv in front of a mirror, or with your brother in a garage?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

If you're gonna gently caress animals you should at least stuff and mount them somewhere in public. Like how the people who used to go on safari or hang out with Epstein at his fun island are mostly sorry someone noticed,

doverhog has a new favorite as of 15:58 on Dec 23, 2019

doverhog
May 31, 2013

If there is one thing we've learned over the years, it's that almost everyone with money or power is a sex pest. Including the last 2 out of three US presidents and the Prince of England. Did Lucas visit Epstein on his island? Oh well just another reason to vote for Bernie. :)

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Sorry, in my fervor I had Bill and George reversed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Skwirl posted:

I mean he's a war criminal, but I don't remember hearing any stories aboutsexualmisconduct, evenfrom his drinking/ cocaine days, and I did hear stories about his dad, and Clinton, and Trump.

I kinda forgot to mention, but Bush is worse. He is personally responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths and the rise of ISIS so he actually is a lot worse than your run of the mill sex pest.